List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Knightmares most recent power rankings for the draft. Interesting to note Sinn has dropped out of the top 20. MJ sits 8th. Andrew’s weaknesses read like he’s going to be a very long investment for whoever selects him

If he wants to put MJ and Erasmus in the top 8 I’m more than happy with Hobbs falling to us. Feels a lot like Tom Powell last year a ball winner which we can build outside class/pace around.

Depends on Ports cap position and any players they are chasing.

Port are playing this well.

SPP WA girlfriend due in April also a factor. And his off field issues.
Yep sounds like port are trying to offload some non best 22 players on decent money so a salary dump plus also playing the 'he's contracted card you have to pony up a good pick ' .

They want their cake and eat it too .

Apparently ladhams has his highest paid year of his contract next year .

Salary dump for sure

Yep sounds like port are trying to offload some non best 22 players on decent money so a salary dump plus also playing the 'he's contracted card you have to pony up a good pick ' .

They want their cake and eat it too .

Apparently ladhams has his highest paid year of his contract next year .

Salary dump for sure

Shame Eagles have no cash to attract talent.😉😉😉😛

ECE your thought as to his hardness at the ball and his durability.
Have been told that he sometimes turns the ball over with dodgy kicking, is this a fair comment or an exaggeration?
His burst of speed and when he nails a kick it looks absolutely amazing, but I've seen him miss a lot of kicks that get turned over and come back the other way. For mine, his kicking isn't good enough. First game a saw him, he broke out of the middle on a number of occasions and was looking so good but then turned it over. If and a big if, he could nail those kicks he'd be top 3 in this draft. So that shows how much his kicking is letting him down, drops his rating.
I can't attribute hardness with him, I've seen him break through a pack with speed but not find the hard contested footy. He's Whitfield without the elite kicking.

I also think he could be the type of guy who is constantly in the St John of god injury report.

Shame Eagles have no cash to attract talent.😉😉😉😛
Smart business to get SPS for a 3rd rounder hopefully and low wage .

Not so smart taking on SPPs contract and paying overs in picks .

I think Port are tight on cap and are looking to add a best 22 player at the expense of highly payed fringe players .

Its fine if they do that but can't expect the other club to pay good picks

If it was like the witherden deal and port pay a portion and we give them a future 3rd so they can make room then sure .

We ended up with 2 premierships ( 92, 94 ) with the magnificent 7 from the WA winning National colts .
If we add SPP , SPS late draft Bailey Rogers and Greg Clark who were all team mates of Josh Rotham and Jake Waterman , this can be the Ridiculous 6 reunited . Snagging another 2 premierships . 1633350372299.png

Last edited:
I don’t know that we’d want to trade out of next year’s second round, I’ve read somewhere that the club rates that draft class.

Plus that would probably leave us with more picks than we’d need. 10, 18, 29, 50, 52, 54 - even sending one of those in the 50s to Carlton for SPS, we’re probably passing on the other two.
If I could use our picks this year to take next year draftees in this draft I would!

If we get SPS for 52 that's 3 handy trades with average picks in Witherden, Langdon and SPS.

Jury is still out on arguably all of them, but it's creative and it seems as if the club is finding players with upside at clubs where forces are pushing them out and therefore will take unders.

Good list management in a pinch.

Personally rather spp than sps

whynotbothgirl.jpg

I'd prefer the latter, SPP has a lot of off-field baggage. If we do get him, I'd rather it would be for a crap pick but Port would be reluctant you'd think.

His burst of speed and when he nails a kick it looks absolutely amazing, but I've seen him miss a lot of kicks that get turned over and come back the other way. For mine, his kicking isn't good enough. First game a saw him, he broke out of the middle on a number of occasions and was looking so good but then turned it over. If and a big if, he could nail those kicks he'd be top 3 in this draft. So that shows how much his kicking is letting him down, drops his rating.
I can't attribute hardness with him, I've seen him break through a pack with speed but not find the hard contested footy. He's Whitfield without the elite kicking.

I also think he could be the type of guy who is constantly in the St John of god injury report.

Thanks EEC, your assessment of him lines up with what I have heard.
One of my mates calls him " boomerang " because he turns the ball over too much.

Would be disappointed if we took him over a genuine midfielder at # 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ended up with 2 premierships ( 92, 94 ) with the magnificent 7 from the WA winning National colts .
If we add SPP , SPS late draft Bailey Rogers and Greg Clark who were all team mates of Josh Rotham and Jake Waterman , this can be the Ridiculous 6 reunited . Snagging another 2 premierships .

That’s a NAB Cup at best.

Or 2 AFLX flags.

#bringitback

Still think we should go to Brisbane and offer them pick 10 and a future 2nd for 14 and 18

They need points for next year as they have a couple academy boys

That gives us 2 1st round picks + 29 and 36, whilst also keeping our first for next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we did that, we would be pretty much guaranteed to miss MJ wouldn't we?
Plus lose extra currency for next year, especially if we wanted to trade up for a player like Elijah Hewett.

Last edited:
Thats the risk but as I see it I see Spp is more likely than SPS to make it to be honest.
I think SPP has shown and hit his ceiling - so he makes it as what he is now.

Agree SPS could be a bust, but he has a much higher ceiling. Can he improve in a new environment though. He has a lot of the tools.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back