List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Would lol if we had a Mayne/Mundy trade scenario with Brander/Rotham and someone pays more than they should for Brander. Not that the twins' trade value would be much different, but still.

Was it ever confirmed that Collingwood thought they were getting Mundy but got Mayne, or is that an urban trade week legend?
There were rumours (memes) swirling on BF that they thought they were getting Mundy and then Buckley said this:

“There were a few things mixed up with that,” Buckley told SEN Breakfast.

“Our director of football was flipping around and there were a few things that happened there that weren’t ideal.

So it's possible

“So you’re saying you don’t expect me to taste any more success here? Well that’s a concern”.

The Bulldogs are also being remarkably generous for a side that already has Aaron Naughton and Jamarra Ugle Hagan, throwing huge money at a 30 year old contracted key forward like that.
Well Jack we have an aging list, so our chances are much leaner.

The bulldogs don't see it as generous, they want you and they're serious! They've created some cap space with their delistings and most of that is going your way. They are losing Tim English as well.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Trade Gov to Sydney, accept less compensation to offload salary.

Trade Gaff to Melbourne, Gus Brayshaw to Freo and picks to us.

Trade Darling to bulldogs for picks or Tim English. Darling a perfect fit at the dogs.

As long as we’re doing fantasy trades how about:

Gov for Logan mcdonald and gulden
Gaff for Petracca
Darling for bontempelli

feel that’s reasonable

Well Jack we have an aging list, so our chances are much leaner.

The bulldogs don't see it as generous, they want you and they're serious! They've created some cap space with their delistings and most of that is going your way. They are losing Tim English as well.

I haven’t seen anything anywhere suggesting the Bulldogs are hunting for a 30 year old key forward this year, and I don’t know why they would. They’re more stocked for key forwards now than they have been at any point since Chris Grant retired.

I’d do it for Logan McDonald and their third!
draft a project KPD with their third.
rookie the best state league KPD as a stop gap option.
Edwards and Gov can cover the loss of Barrass, tell brander he has a spot in the team as a third tall defender.
I think he projects as a rebounding third tall (in a new game plan), showed dash and endurance as an overlap in WAFL games. I hope he stays but I think he will find somewhere by the end of the trade fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t seen anything anywhere suggesting the Bulldogs are hunting for a 30 year old key forward this year, and I don’t know why they would. They’re more stocked for key forwards now than they have been at any point since Chris Grant retired.
So stacked that Josh Schache is their #2 option.

At least I proposed reasonable outcomes.

No you didn’t. McGovern and darling are not going anywhere. They will be west coast lifers. You can’t trade someone without their consent.

gaff could theoretically be traded to a Melbourne club, but I seriously doubt Melbourne of all clubs has space for his salary.

gaff could theoretically be traded to a Melbourne club, but I seriously doubt Melbourne of all clubs has space for his salary.

…theoretically being traded in a three way deal for Angus Brayshaw, because he obviously would want to leave Melbourne immediately after winning a premiership and join Freo on the other side of the country, just because his brother is there.

Another completely reasonable trade suggestion.

No you didn’t. McGovern and darling are not going anywhere. They will be west coast lifers. You can’t trade someone without their consent.

You're missing the point, maybe they are lifers, maybe they're not? Have you asked them?

Circumstances change. If you want tangible change at West Coast, that line of thinking won't deliver it.

Time for list management to be creative and aggressive.

If they don't want to be fine, bu we have to accept the status quo.

…theoretically being traded in a three way deal for Angus Brayshaw, because he obviously would want to leave Melbourne immediately after winning a premiership and join Freo on the other side of the country, just because his brother is there.

Another completely reasonable trade suggestion.
Well Gaff would take his spot, so it's completely logical in that scenario.

Well Gaff would take his spot, so it's completely logical in that scenario.

The (most) illogical part was Brayshaw wanting to move. I thought my post made that pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back