List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Trade Gov to Sydney, accept less compensation to offload salary.

Trade Gaff to Melbourne, Gus Brayshaw to Freo and picks to us.

Trade Darling to bulldogs for picks or Tim English. Darling a perfect fit at the dogs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'll be annoyed if Adelaide walk Dawson to the PSD and get him for free after doing the exact same thing with Hately last year.

Dawson had a 5 year offer on good money from Sydney FFS, that's just wrong.
Apparently the offer was heavily back ended . Same as the port offer to Dawson.

I think he gets his money earlier from the crows

Trade Darling to bulldogs for picks or Tim English. Darling a perfect fit at the dogs.

This is all very fun to talk about, except for the fact that you can’t trade players against their will, none of those guys want to leave West Coast and we don’t push players out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trade Brander to Brisbane for Lachie Neale.

Trade Petruccelle to the Giants for Sam Taylor.

Fold the club and salt the earth, were done here.

Would lol if we had a Mayne/Mundy trade scenario with Brander/Rotham and someone pays more than they should for Brander. Not that the twins' trade value would be much different, but still.

Was it ever confirmed that Collingwood thought they were getting Mundy but got Mayne, or is that an urban trade week legend?

This is all very fun to talk about, except for the fact that you can’t trade players against their will, none of those guys want to leave West Coast and we don’t push players out.

Agree, this is the easy part. They need to be convinced no doubt.

Hey Jack, I just got off the phone and the Bulldogs have inquiried about you. You're contacted here and of course we would like you to say but is this something you have any interest in before we tell them no? We obviously have cap challenges which we can manage but if this is something that's interests you we'd listen.

They are in flag contention and actually have mids that will hit you on the chest, I mean your outstretched arms! You'd kick bags and win a Coleman for sure.

Absolutely no offence meant towards you and your family, but that’s really not what the “multicultural” academies should be for is it. Same with the son of the ex-SANFL player that Adelaide picked up last year because he happened to be born in Egypt while his dad was working there.

If they’re going to persist with it it should be for actual multicultural prospects, kids who otherwise might not be interested in the sport, not kids who happened to be born overseas to Australian parents. They’ve defined it really poorly.
Agree in principle, but you have to draw the line somewhere, and "Country of birth" is a pretty clear one.

Is there any way we could trade Jarrod Brander for Dustin Martin? Maybe throw in a future pick swap to make it work?

Tim english is so overrated by WA fans. Kid is a ruckmen that can’t do the basic job as a ruckman. The irony is that he’d be a genuine whipping boy at West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim english is so overrated by WA fans. Kid is a ruckmen that can’t do the basic job as a ruckman. The irony is that he’d be a genuine whipping boy at West Coast.
So it's whipping boy for whipping boy

Not true

the_simpsons.wendell_borton.jpg

Hey Jack, I just got off the phone and the Bulldogs have inquiried about you. You're contacted here and of course we would like you to say but is this something you have any interest in before we tell them no? We obviously have cap challenges which we can manage but if this is something that's interests you we'd listen.

They are in flag contention and actually have mids that will hit you on the chest, I mean your outstretched arms! You'd kick bags and win a Coleman for sure.

“…what’s that? You’re pretty happy with your big contract and your life in your home State with all your family and friends around?

Umm, hang on a minute, I’ll just see what Archie wants me to say now…”

“…what’s that? You’re pretty happy with your big contract and your life in your home State with all your family and friends around?

Umm, hang on a minute, I’ll just see what Archie wants me to say now…”
So you're happy with a comfy life instead of football success? Excellent choice. Now is the time I should probably tell you.. the dogs have thrown a bit more cash your way and given you an extra two years..

So you're happy with a comfy life instead of football success? Excellent choice. Now is the time I should tell you the dogs have thrown a bit more cash your way and given you and extra year.

“So you’re saying you don’t expect me to taste any more success here? Well that’s a concern”.

The Bulldogs are also being remarkably generous for a side that already has Aaron Naughton and Jamarra Ugle Hagan, throwing huge money at a 30 year old contracted key forward like that.

I wish we were more aggressive, because if we convinced Darling to move, the Suns would’ve 110% offered us pick 3 for Darling and something minor, they want to trade that pick for a senior KPP.

No offence taken as I completely agree with you. When I first got the letter it felt wrong as there is zero multicultural about us. I was chatting to a friend at work and he basically said, well the AFL are going to claim the diversity stat off you whether he gets the extra training or not, so he might as well get the extra training sessions. So we did. And as I said the Eagles have created a great culture so he enjoys them.

But yes, after explaining to people how the NGA works, I often say "so next time you hear the diversity stats out of the AFL, you now have some context around them". You also can't blame the clubs, it's the AFL who call the shots here, clubs are simply doing what they are allowed to do.
Kids on NGA - born in Australia and spent their life here, one parent born OS so claim dual citizenship for ease of travel. Also, playing junior footy when offered spots. Game gains nothing but AFL gains a stat.

I wish we were more aggressive, because if we convinced Darling to move, the Suns would’ve 110% offered us pick 3 for Darling and something minor, they want to trade that pick for a senior KPP.

We only have one key forward on two legs so lets get rid of him. Brilliant. BF, where geniuses are grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back