List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd prefer to keep him but would do that trade.

Gov and Edwards could hold the fort, whilst we could retain Brander and look at a 3rd tall role for him and/or use one of those picks on a tall.

Moot anyway - but 2 first rounders (one very early) would usually get most deals done.

I reckon we’d use Allen as a backman as well.

I would have heard Sydney out at least. With that sort of approach they surely would have had a nice offer. Depends on what Tom wants also I guess it has to be said.

I would have heard Sydney out at least. With that sort of approach they surely would have had a nice offer. Depends on what Tom wants also I guess it has to be said.

Would be very interesting to know if it helped our salary cap (I can only assume it would, as Barrass would be on decent coin).

Anyway, happy to keep him.

Will be absolutely stoked if Brander sticks around.
Just hope he has come to realise that he's no longer in the position where his attributes and potential afford him much value, he needs to be a contributor (which at times he has).

Equally, hoping the club/whatever WAFL club he is at can give him some greater direction.
Like harden up?

Looks like a very humbling experience for Brander. His management threatens to move him elsewhere but have only heard crickets.

Rookie list. Minimum wage.

Play him at CHF in the WAFL and give him 12 months to confirm once and for all if he's going to be a player or, as I sadly expect, a confirmed bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any way we can get the Dees’ future first off Adelaide?

Would be tremendous fun to death ride them next year.

I doubt it, that could be used in the Dawson deal and if it isn’t, the few reports I’ve read suggests Adelaide are willing to keep it as it helps with their pursuit of Rankine and Lukosious next off season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gotta love TRadio. Tuned in for the first time just now. Spent too long repeatedly going over the dull af four-way trade, got behind schedule and had to take back-to-back ad breaks. Now they've glossed over the Brodie/Freo move in 10 seconds (without the actual details) so that Rendell can give us his GWS list review that we've all been crying out for.

Don't understand this move from Dunstan - fringe player at the Saints and wants to try and break into an established midfield that just won the flag?

Games played by melbourne mids he might back himself to displace:
Harmes - 18
James Jordon - 22
Melksham - 10

Not to mention that Jones played 7 and has retired.

Absolutely no offence meant towards you and your family, but that’s really not what the “multicultural” academies should be for is it. Same with the son of the ex-SANFL player that Adelaide picked up last year because he happened to be born in Egypt while his dad was working there.

If they’re going to persist with it it should be for actual multicultural prospects, kids who otherwise might not be interested in the sport, not kids who happened to be born overseas to Australian parents. They’ve defined it really poorly.

No offence taken as I completely agree with you. When I first got the letter it felt wrong as there is zero multicultural about us. I was chatting to a friend at work and he basically said, well the AFL are going to claim the diversity stat off you whether he gets the extra training or not, so he might as well get the extra training sessions. So we did. And as I said the Eagles have created a great culture so he enjoys them.

But yes, after explaining to people how the NGA works, I often say "so next time you hear the diversity stats out of the AFL, you now have some context around them". You also can't blame the clubs, it's the AFL who call the shots here, clubs are simply doing what they are allowed to do.

Brander could put onto the rookie list we then take A Jones In the national draft at pick 35 . ( too high but ....)

Brander will walk to another club in the preseason draft if we don’t trade or re-sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games played by melbourne mids he might back himself to displace:
Harmes - 18
James Jordon - 22
Melksham - 10

Not to mention that Jones played 7 and has retired.
Melksham doesn’t play midfield and I doubt he’ll be playing much more going forward. Harmes might be at most risk but he offers more as a defensive mid. Sparrow and Jordon are two he could push out but they would be insane to do so. Sparrow especially looks like a serious player. I can’t see Dunstan playing many games for them but they have a readymade replacement if Viney or Oliver get injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back