List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

His disposal is poor. We shouldn't be looking at anyone with poor disposal. We also shouldn't be looking at anyone in his age group.

His disposal is one thing - but Port are stocked well with contested players, we would be giving him a shot as an extractor.
The guys, tackles, runs, runs, tackles, runs, contests, smothers and runs - he's just what we need.

But as for his age, he will be 25 next year and is currently having his best season (I think) and from the last ND, this MSD and the upcoming ND we will have plenty of picks in the younger age range to still pick from. SPP could be playing on another 5 years+.

That's the future that can start to develop in our very next season alongside other possible new candidates in Chesser, Hough, LEdwards.
Alongside Kelly, SPS and Yeo to support them in their growth.
With West, Naish and Florenca given the opportunity to see if they can be a part of the support crew too.

I'm also wondering if an out of contract Sam Powell-Pepper could be a target for either Port's 2nd rounder or our 3rd rounder.
And before everyone jumps on my comment like I've incredulously suggested that SPP is 'THE ANSWER' - I am merely suggesting that he could be a serviceable, solid B grade addition that can play non-stop, contested inside Bull role in a club that is currently not giving him the opportunity at the role he is suited for.
I know we were looking at him last trade period but Port's price was too high considering he was under contract.
The problem being we already have quite a few guys we drafted as inside ball winners who can't get consistent time in the middle.

Clark, West, O'Neil to a lesser extent, even SPS. SPP would be played as a forward which would be pretty counter-productive.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

His disposal is one thing - but Port are stocked well with contested players, we would be giving him a shot as an extractor.
The guys, tackles, runs, runs, tackles, runs, contests, smothers and runs - he's just what we need.

But as for his age, he will be 25 next year and is currently having his best season (I think) and from the last ND, this MSD and the upcoming ND we will have plenty of picks in the younger age range to still pick from. SPP could be playing on another 5 years+.
We need to build a team from scratch. Need players with good foot and hand skills. SPP is a player to plug holes. We don't have holes. We have a vacuum.

Look, all I can tell you is though I've never seen him play or heard his name before 2 weeks ago, he is without a doubt the player we should be picking to fix everything wrong with our club - including apparel deals and taking covid seriously.

We should Bryce Gibbs him straight into the leadership group.

With Gov and Nic injured and Shuey about to be, he could debut as skipper next week.

A midfield of Jai Culley (C), The Ghost of Elliot Yeo, Connor West, Robbie West and Greg Clark’s biceps could be the combination we’ve been looking for!

We need to the professionals and hard bodies while these kids come through. For me guys like De boer, Callum Ward etc set standards and just professional through and through.

Shuey, Redden, Cripps, Nic Nat, Kennedy etc will be gone. So really hope guys like West, Clark and SPS although wont be there for the next premiership can help the guys become the leaders we need for the future.

Also agreed Robertson/Bruhn are exactly the kids with potential we need to target while we fill our boots in the draft in the next two years. Then from 2024/25 we should have decent war chest to target RFA/FA

Who do think has the higher ceiling? However, what you described of Broadbent i wouldnt mind Big Cox 2.0
I think they both have good ceilings, Broadbent still would have heaps of development in strength and fitness but already playing so well against senior bodies.
O'Keefe, depends when he switched from basketball. As if it's recent, he'd have heaps of development left. The Colgate young guns game, he just looked quality.

He is like a shit version of west with attitude problems . Big no from me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the odds we don't pick a midfielder in the MSD with pick 1.

I reckon they will pick either a ruckman or HBF

#1 Culley
#2 either Florenca or a ruck / forward please - preferrably the latter assuming Florenca gets picked up

So, Culley is 19... Was he available to be drafted last year? If so what was the knock on him?
My understanding is that he played as a forward and was rather unimpressive.

Moved into the midfield this year and worked on his speed and a couple of other things and has dominated as a goal kicking midfielder with a booming kick.

Most impressive for me is that he identified a weakness and took it upon himself to get the right coaching and it has become a strength. Bodes well for his future, and at only 19, he has massive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back