List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

On 6pr it was mentioned someone at WC overheard Max Ramsdan saying he doesn't want go to WA after being interviewed.
Lack motivation to play if thats the case - unlikely to be correct I suggest - WC interview a player and overhear something? Or another club interviews a player and WC eaves drop? So much media garbage.

You over rate draft picks.
It's very hard to find A+ players outside the 5. Draft picks aren't guarantees, but if you want a Dusty or Bont these days you have to be in that top 5. Touk Miller went mid 20s but there's only 1 or 2 of them per draft and there's know way of knowing which player has the massive upside after the draft. It's a lottery. A 5% chance of getting an A grader or better after pick #13, a 66% chance when you have top 2.

Pick 19. Meh. Have enough of them and you will find your solid 150 game role players good enough to hold down a spot in a flag side. You might get lucky and get a genuine A grader. But by itself, not that good.

I'd suggest Jackson's market value is a top 5 pick and a top 10 pick. If he tells the Demons he wants to be traded to us, maybe we can get him for #19 plus next year's first.

I just hope (pray) that by taking Culley here, we don't formulate the belief that we have now addressed our (lack of) midfield stocks and proceed to take a tall or a half back at the national draft

We need a consistent supply of the best, inside midfielders we can get our hands on. Too many elite midfielders is a great problem to have both for senior selection, and for our WAFL team

At any rate, Culley is going to be a small step in the right direction

Not sold on that one bit. Simmo gets what he wants all the time, even if what he wants is dumb. Ill believe this one when I see it

Guess Simmo wanted Gov not to miss months with a hip injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didnt which is why we changed the medical team and rehabbed instead.

The change in our medical team has sure worked out well hasnt it

Gov supposedly wrecked for the start of the season requiring hip surgery and turning out to be in AA form instead through the first 6 or so rounds has to be one of the biggest facepalm predictions I’ve come across on here.

Apparently it was all due to the crack new medical team.

Who haven’t been able to keep anyone else on the park, but turned Gov into some sort of android.

We also managed to surreptitiously hire an entire new medical team.

Also, if Culley turns out to be as good as a first rounder, I feel this is a loophole the AFL will close.

Assuming Pie Man doesn't go full Pie Man, we're getting a free first rounder. It's basically a priority pick before our first round pick. And all it cost was Tom Cole's ankle.

If culley is as advertised. And we’ll have a few months to see if that is so, then I’d be ok with us moving pick 19 in return for dev Robertson and say swap of some back end picks. For example

We give: pick 19, 37 and 55
We get: dev, picks 33 and their second quarter rounder next year.

That’s equivalent of a 1,075 point gain for brisbane this year. Promise not to bid on Ashcroft for pick 1. They get equivalent of 1,947.5 points to use on matching Ashcroft bid (with discount applied). That means they’d use their first rounder to match but get mid/later second rounder back plus have our pick 19.

We’d have pick 1, dev, culley as our new young midfield moving forward. I could live with that.

Also, if Culley turns out to be as good as a first rounder, I feel this is a loophole the AFL will close.

Assuming Pie Man doesn't go full Pie Man, we're getting a free first rounder. It's basically a priority pick before our first round pick. And all it cost was Tom Cole's ankle.
Not sure how they can close this apparent loophole. These are all mostly players who missed out on the ND, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back