List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a squiz on the Pies board, some of the think Yeo + Cameron or Yeo + Brander for De Goey would get the deal done for them

lulz
Are they on drugs over there?
So they think JDeG is worth more than Yeo? Surely a p*ss-take.
I'd rather have Yeo the DeGoey, even without all the 'issues'.

Any trade would have to be JDeG + something nice for Yeo. And again, that would be without the 'issues'.
For me, I wouldn't touch him as it stands, let alone give anything up for him.

Are they on drugs over there?
So they think JDeG is worth more than Yeo? Surely a p*ss-take.
I'd rather have Yeo the DeGoey, even without all the 'issues'.

Any trade would have to be JDeG + something nice for Yeo. And again, that would be without the 'issues'.
For me, I wouldn't touch him as it stands, let alone give anything up for him.

Well same group a few years ago thought Darling for Fasolo in a straight swap was a fair deal...

They like to over rate their flashy, over hyped mid sized forwards it seems

I know there are exceptions to every rule, but I can"t understand the excitement here about getting every spud about to be delisted by their club or looking for new opportunities because they make their current team's best 22.
we need strong bodies midfielders, anyone else for me need not apply.
Not sure anybody is getting overly excited.

Replace Ainsworth, Ah Chee and Petruccelle with Langdon, Narkle and Cox and that finals team looks a lot better to me.

Was flicking through the 2019 Prospectus and Champion Data had this to say about Zac Langdons' 2018 season.

"Langdon was a valuable forward half pressure player, with the Giants scoring from 26% of turnovers caused by his pressure - the third best percentage of the top 100 pressure players. He was also one of only five general forwards to rate elite for tackles and forward half pressure acts per game. His kicking was a major weapon, recording an elite kick rating and above average shot at goal accuracy.
Langdon was only average for goals per game and had an involvement in just 15.5% of his side's scoring chains".

Love it how that post says email Eddie to confirm it, as if Eddie would email back and say 'yeah, it's true. Anything I can tell you?'.

Looked at Pies board, they're worried about Yeo's OP. Haha. I feel like we're a conservative club now with injury, he didn't play because we were conservative and couldn't make top 4.

Replace Ainsworth, Ah Chee and Petruccelle with Langdon, Narkle and Cox and that finals team looks a lot better to me.

I would say we about break even tbh.

All of them are fringe players - only Ah Chee has played more than a handful of games at the top level.

I would trade Yeo, Gov, gaff and brander for Narkle. Sheed and Shuey for Cedric Cox and Matt Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it how that post says email Eddie to confirm it, as if Eddie would email back and say 'yeah, it's true. Anything I can tell you?'.

Looked at Pies board, they're worried about Yeo's OP. Haha. I feel like we're a conservative club now with injury, he didn't play because we were conservative and couldn't make top 4.
If you think we didn't play yeo because we are conservative and not because his groins are cactus at the moment your kidding yourself .

Going by history of others with bad OP yeo wont be back to normal until at least 2022 .

We did the same with natanui . Pulled the pin on his season then within 2 months of the next season he was sent for surgery

Degoey is extending 2 years with Collingwood. Didnt take long for that rumour to die in the arse.

Has that come out officially or did Eddie respond to your email?

If you think we didn't play yeo because we are conservative and not because his groins are cactus at the moment your kidding yourself .

Going by history of others with bad OP yeo wont be back to normal until at least 2022 .

We did the same with natanui . Pulled the pin on his season then within 2 months of the next season he was sent for surgery
He was initially being talked about for Norf game, obviously when they game rolled around he wasn't right so club went for cotton wool, conservative route. As much rather him for future than right now.

Why would Yeo, a highly paid, highly respected figure at the club in his home state want to be traded to melbourne? Aside from that, he's contracted. If there were any element of truth to it collingwood can cough up every player they have on their list or GTFO.
Can't see any value in trading a god for a shithead

I would trade Yeo, Gov, gaff and brander for Narkle. Sheed and Shuey for Cedric Cox and Matt Eagles.
You realise that Matt isn't really an Eagle, looks more like an ostrich

Also Josh Smith, Keegan Brooksby, Jamie Bennell, Brad Dick, Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls, Steve Armstrong...

The club’s been happy to take on other clubs’ discards if they think they can contribute and fill a need.
Hey! Have some respect. Josh Smith, Keegan Brooksby, Jamie Bennell, Brad Dick, Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls AND PREMIERSHIP PLAYER Steven Armstrong

Moderately better IMO. You always have to factor in the inevitable coming in to WC and not having the same impact

Sure did see that. That's why I am soooo disappointed. Sadly, one five goal game doesn't make a career.

I would be kinder if he showed, say, strong tackling, or say, smart use of his speed, or say, good marking, or say, clever positioning, or say, killer handball, or say, consistent blocking. But after 29 games I'm just not seeing enough, often enough. And when he goes missing he goes missing big time.

But as usual would love to see a player be better than my estimation of them. I hope he wins Brownlows, Norm Smiths and retires with multiple medals.
His lack of nous was on show late in the season when he handballed forward to a teammate on a forward flank and jogged after the play. He should of chucked on the burners to shepherd the handball receiver from the chaser, who hurried our i50.

I know there are exceptions to every rule, but I can"t understand the excitement here about getting every spud about to be delisted by their club or looking for new opportunities because they make their current team's best 22.
we need strong bodies midfielders, anyone else for me need not apply.
Yeah your right. We need to hunt a big fish. Not interested in chasing sand Whiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back