List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1315dy.jpg

So...umm...Hickey for 2x 3rd round picks?
Better hope Sydney finish on the wrong end of the ladder again so that 2nd round pick is in the 20's next year.
We must expect Sydney to suck next year. EDIT - it will be tied to Port's position.

Also obviously not putting much stock in this year's draft

AFL House
@AFL_House

·
49s

Trade paperwork lodged. The West Coast Eagles trade Tom Hickey, its Rd 2 (34) and Rd 3 (60) selections to the Sydney Swans for its Rd 3 (58), Rd 4 (62), Future Rd 2 (currently tied to Port Adelaide) and Future Rd 3 selections.
So basically Hickey for 62 and a future third rounder? I was never super keen on Hickey and I'm still disappointed with that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So...umm...Hickey for 2x 3rd round picks?
Better hope Sydney finish on the wrong end of the ladder again so that 2nd round pick is in the 20's next year.
If we can snag Witherden for one of them it’s a big win. Hickey for Witherden + a 3rd. You’d take that any day of the week

So basically Hickey for 62 and a future third rounder? I was never super keen on Hickey and I'm still disappointed with that trade.

Sometimes you need to do the right thing by the person though. Hickeys been a A grade professional and is very well liked

Losing a trade by 400 draft points isnt really worth selling our professionalism over

If it were Sydney's 2nd rounder and not Port's, that would have been a good deal.

Looking like it places Hickey at about pick 30-35 value.

But it now places us in a position of being out of the draft entirely.

Many people will want to get out

Can easily do a future 2nd roudner for 2nd roudner pick swap when time comes

Struggle to see how we came out in front there. Future 2nd might be about 30 and future 3rd about 50. So we traded Hickey for a few pick upgrade on 2nd and 3rd rounds and a couple of bottom of the barrel picks this year.
Obviously don’t see much in this draft.
I hope we had the Vaseline on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back