Coventry , Lockett to be replaced by Lloyd and ?? for Dons games at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is this debate only coming up now? Peter Jackson's last act as CEO was to announce naming one of the ends of the Telstra Dome after Lloyd for our home matches I believe.

Why is this debate only coming up now? Peter Jackson's last act as CEO was to announce naming one of the ends of the Telstra Dome after Lloyd for our home matches I believe.

Correct. It's not the first time it has happened and it has happened more than once. Nobody cares. The media love to jump on any little thing that they can and even they are just seeing it for what it is. Unfortunately you will always get people on BF making something out of nothing.

I'm sorry (and I'm not having a go at you Jim) but who wants a "temporary renaming (for a couple of hours each week)" of a stand.

Essendon fans that's who. Why do you think our club is doing it?

If you're good enough they name a stand after you. Forever while it still stands. If you're not get stuffed- you don't get some part time bullshit. It's disrespectful to the greats. You'll get your chance, more than a few months after you retire, if people remember you or you have some records.

This comes back to my original point. Our club shares it;s home ground with other clubs so how are we meant to name anything after our club greats?

Matthew Lloyd is one of the greatest players to ever play for the Essendon fc and it is up to our club whether or not they see fit to name anything after him.

The whole thing is a marketing ploy and i'm embarrassed as an Aussie that you suckers are falling for it

Partly true. It is the clubs way of honouring two greats of our football club and giving the supporters a chance to celebrate their careers. Of course marketing comes into it but to be honest i feel embarrassed for you that you would be so embarrassed over such a trivial thing.

The Locket & Coventry ends have been changed in the past on more than one occasion but you probably didn't even know this. This is how trivial it is. It is just another reason for people to have a bitch on this forum. Nobody outside of it cares.

Lockett and Coventry are true legends of the game. Both kicked over 1000 goals. Lloyd kicked 700-800. Lloyd is a good player but I just don't think its right to do this. If they do Campbell Brown might light it on fire.

Firstly, Lloyd kicked over 900 goals. Secondly, Lloyd was not a good player. He was the greatest FF of his generation and one of the all time greats of the Essendon fc. Anyone outside of BF knows he was a champion but on this site you will always come accross people like yourself who will label him a good player just for the sake of a troll.

BTW you do realise that Coventry played for almost two decades don't you? I'm quite sure Lloyd would have kicked over 1000 goals if he had of played as long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW you do realise that Coventry played for almost two decades don't you? I'm quite sure Lloyd would have kicked over 1000 goals if he had of played as long.

And I wonder who's fault was that?? Lloyd's body was holding up pretty well. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that if it's temporary and only for Essendon's home games, it isn't that much of a problem, though it is still disrespectful towards Coventry and Lockett. The reason you name something after them is for all 16 (18) clubs to honour them, not 15 clubs.

If Essendon wanted to do something to honour Lloyd, they could've petitioned to officially name him after something else which is unnamed. This is just a publicity ploy by Essendon disguised as honouring someone.

And I wonder who's fault was that?? Lloyd's body was holding up pretty well. :rolleyes:

Geez did you eally need to reply to this? I think it was pretty obvious that i was just putting the troll back in his place. We all know that Lloyd kicked more then 700 goals and was more than a good player.

Personally, I think that if it's temporary and only for Essendon's home games, it isn't that much of a problem, though it is still disrespectful towards Coventry and Lockett. The reason you name something after them is for all 16 (18) clubs to honour them, not 15 clubs.

Is this the same view you had all the other times the ends were renamed or are you totally unaware that it has happened in the past. I can't recall big Plugger kicking up a fuss.

If Essendon wanted to do something to honour Lloyd, they could've petitioned to officially name him after something else which is unnamed. This is just a publicity ploy by Essendon disguised as honouring someone

Good idea. Maybe we should have the two main stands at our home ground named the Matthew Lloyd stand & the James Hird stand, for all eternity. Currently unnamed so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure nobody would have a problem with this. :thumbsu:

Who gives a rats?

It will be an Essendon only thing anyway. The rest of the world will go on as before. Pretty stupid realy having different names for ends depending on who is playing.:confused:

I just hope people don't "dive" off the second tier.

the taxi rank outside the ground will now be referred to as 'the hurley', the toilets will be called the 'NLM' because its a great place to score and the doughnut stand will be called 'the neagle'.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coventry , Lockett to be replaced by Lloyd and ?? for Dons games at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back