Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking, but still confused. Is it a similar concept to working out the age of a tree.... ie counting the number of rings
You can see their date.

You can see their date.
True story....

Years ago I was working for an OHS Consultancy. We were auditing telco sites in Western Sydney- (Penrith 😬) - audit included each technician's van and equipment inc their work belt. The belt had to be inspected regularly and stamped with date of last inspection.

Towards the end of one inspection, thinking of his belt, I said to a technician "can you show me your date"?

He replied - "geez you could have picked a better looking bloke".

PS - ' adjusted 🤐

Last edited:
True story....

Years ago I was working for an OHS Consultancy. We were auditing telco sites in Western Sydney- (Penrith 😬) - audit included the technicians' van and equipment inc their work belt. The belt had to be inspected regularly and stamped with date of last inspection.

Towards the end of one inspection, thinking of his belt, I said to a technician "can you show me your date"?

He replied - "geez you could have picked a better looking bloke".

Hang on are you telling me that date inspector is an actual job?

I have been doing it for free for 20 years. Feeling ripped off.

Our boy is on the plane home, left the UK yesterday, arrive Perth today and then to Canberra tomorrow and the to the South Coast for his final journey. His plan was to stay in the UK but he wants to be here now.
Matter of weeks, the deterioration is rapid now. We had to do some ‘creative writing’ to get him on the plane and going through his end of life care and plan to enable him to stay with us for as long as possible rather than hospital. He needs to see whales, see and smell the ocean from our balcony for as long as he can.
His mums inconsolable and it doesn’t seem possible our beautiful intelligent boy won’t be with us much longer. So much left behind.

One shining light is Carlton are still shit and that helps me through the dark nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our boy is on the plane home, left the UK yesterday, arrive Perth today and then to Canberra tomorrow and the to the South Coast for his final journey. His plan was to stay in the UK but he wants to be here now.
Matter of weeks, the deterioration is rapid now. We had to do some ‘creative writing’ to get him on the plane and going through his end of life care and plan to enable him to stay with us for as long as possible rather than hospital. He needs to see whales, see and smell the ocean from our balcony for as long as he can.
His mums inconsolable and it doesn’t seem possible our beautiful intelligent boy won’t be with us much longer. So much left behind.

One shining light is Carlton are still shit and that helps me through the dark nights.
Thinking of you all mate.

Bloody awful. I'm glad you've got somewhere to let it out rather than just bottling it in like us blokes were trained to do.

Mate as the father of 2 boys words can’t express how much this hurts to hear. Sending every thought to you and your family. ❤️

Mate as the father of 2 boys words can’t express how much this hurts to hear. Sending every thought to you and your family. ❤️
Thanks mate. It’s a tough time for sure. Memory’s to make in the next couple of weeks and memories to fall back on. It’ll always hurt though of course.

Thanks mate. It’s a tough time for sure. Memory’s to make in the next couple of weeks and memories to fall back on. It’ll always hurt though of course.
Stay strong for the other members in your family mate. It always helps although difficult. ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back