Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about him what's he like guy's.

Hff/mid with strong hands and a big leg on him. Very good player. If he wants to leave to head to you blokes it's will cost you someone good. I wouldn't say on the swan or pendles level, but th next tier down

Good player but I'd chase hurn. Drummonds too injury prone and is about 5 years hurns senior.

hurny's a gun.. but to mention injury prone? hes as injury prone as JD. his fractured foot cost him virtually season, and whats he had this yr? missed a stack of games.

You can't approach the player directly Cap, but you can talk to their Manager (who obviously talks to his player).

I know the initial re-action is no, but I like the Graham Cornes philosophy of making it impossible fo them to say no. We should keep at him relentlessly.

To be a gun side next year, we neeed the addition of an ace outside running mid-fielder.
Getting Griffen is always going to be a long shot and really tough. He is settled in Melbourne. He will probably get more money from WB than from us considering they will have quite a few retirements this year.

I still think that you fight until the very end. Make him as offer he cannot refuse because if we got him, he would instantly become our best player. The kid is a star, a leadership material, originally from SA and still has his best footy ahead of him. It will be VERY tough for him to leave the Doggies but I think we need to make is impossible for him to say no.

We have the money, USE it for a change.

Going by the article link posted, I assumed he was referring to knights.

No, you misunderstood.

You said he would cost us a very good player, not on the Swan/Pendles level but the next tier down.

Which is why I ask, who you had in mind as part of the "next tier?"

Re hurn, I'd never seen him as all that injury prone, but fair enough... I'd still take him over Drummond though based on age

No, you misunderstood.

You said he would cost us a very good player, not on the Swan/Pendles level but the next tier down.

Which is why I ask, who you had in mind as part of the "next tier?"

Odds are we would be after a young mid. Beams, side steelebottom haha, wellingham. There would probably have to be a trading of picks too, but I'm not sure on how highly you value these players

I am not too concerned with Knights to Collingwood rumours.

Lets face it, every year someone reasonably good is out of contract they are linked to Collingwood and of every mention of Collingwood as a possible desitnation, I would say at least 95% of those do NOT become a reality.

I am not too concerned with Knights to Collingwood rumours.

Lets face it, every year someone reasonably good is out of contract they are linked to Collingwood and of every mention of Collingwood as a possible desitnation, I would say at least 95% of those do NOT become a reality.

Of course... But I guess it can't hurt to discuss. I do get a horrible feeling knights will leave though

yeah Collingwood seem to be the USD of AFL.

I guess over the next 3 years its going to be more GC and GWS.

I'm not fussed about any rumours on any players unless the trade that occurs screws us in a big way (if it eventuates that is, i couldn't care how out of whack BF dream trades are).

in reality its a year to be open to anything they may give you an advantage.

Who did you have in mind?

Bearing in mind that what we need are quality outside midfielders, a crumbing forward or a very good ruckman capable of being a number 1 ruck...

I reckon it'd be hard to come up with an acceptable trade with you guys - since you either have some genuine stars in your side and Knights wouldn't be worth any of them - Not only Swan, Pendles but also guys like Didak (who we would enquire about and you would never give up)

You also have some young stars who in theory Knights may be equivalent to but you would never give up - Beams, Sidebottom for example.

Then you have a lot of reasonable players who you get the absolute best out of but Knights is a better player than many of those.

You wouldn't get Knights for say Wood and Davis is too old and too inconsistent at the moment for us to consider him despite him being the type of player we need. Not sure which of your mids you would consider giving up.

Knights is a midfielder/HFF - an absolute ball magnet in the midfield but came into his own playing as a HFF - has a massive kick kicking left foot bombs from outside 50 week in week out - kicked something like 43 goals in 18 games as a HFF. If he hadn't got injured in our semi against you guys, I suspect we may well have won. He's incredibly important to our structure and when on the park is an absolute game breaker. He will cost you something good and I'd be surprised if you'd be willing to give up the types of players we would want/need.

Odds are we would be after a young mid. Beams, side steelebottom haha, wellingham. There would probably have to be a trading of picks too, but I'm not sure on how highly you value these players

Out of left field...

what about Travis Cloke to the Western Bulldogs

Ryan Griffin to the Adelaide Crows

Chris Knights to Collingwood.

Plus

we give our first round pick (12) to the dogs and they give a second round pick to Collingwood (mid 30's)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of left field...

what about Travis Cloke to the Western Bulldogs

Ryan Griffin to the Adelaide Crows

Chris Knights to Collingwood.

Plus

we give our first round pick (12) to the dogs and they give a second round pick to Collingwood (mid 30's)

Unless my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, that's means we effectively trade knights for griffin? Won't happen, but that'd be awesome

yeah Collingwood seem to be the USD of AFL.

I guess over the next 3 years its going to be more GC and GWS.

I'm not fussed about any rumours on any players unless the trade that occurs screws us in a big way (if it eventuates that is, i couldn't care how out of whack BF dream trades are).

in reality its a year to be open to anything they may give you an advantage.
From the current list, there would be about 3-4 players that I would be reluctant to trade, everyone else is available if the price is right!

Having said that, I think we will not be very active during the trade week. We might swap some late picks or average talent for someone. In other words we might do a trade like we did with Moran a couple of years ago.

I very much doubt we will all of a sudden develop a hunger for aggresive trading when prior to this year we spend the trade weeks at West Lakes talking how good we are.

Unless my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, that's means we effectively trade knights for griffin? Won't happen, but that'd be awesome

I'm pretty sure it means

Adelaide gain Griffen - Lose Knights plus pick 12
Bulldogs gain Travis Cloke and pick 12 - lose Griffen plus second rounder
Collingwood gain Chris Knights plus second rounder - Lose Travis Cloke

Not sure it would work as I'm positive Collingwood will feel Cloke is worth more than Knights> Not sure what the Dogs would think about that deal but if Griffen wanted to leave it looks ok for them.
Looks fair from our point of view.

Bearing in mind that what we need are quality outside midfielders, a crumbing forward or a very good ruckman capable of being a number 1 ruck...

I reckon it'd be hard to come up with an acceptable trade with you guys - since you either have some genuine stars in your side and Knights wouldn't be worth any of them - Not only Swan, Pendles but also guys like Didak (who we would enquire about and you would never give up)

You also have some young stars who in theory Knights may be equivalent to but you would never give up - Beams, Sidebottom for example.

Then you have a lot of reasonable players who you get the absolute best out of but Knights is a better player than many of those.

You wouldn't get Knights for say Wood and Davis is too old and too inconsistent at the moment for us to consider him despite him being the type of player we need. Not sure which of your mids you would consider giving up.

Knights is a midfielder/HFF - an absolute ball magnet in the midfield but came into his own playing as a HFF - has a massive kick kicking left foot bombs from outside 50 week in week out - kicked something like 43 goals in 18 games as a HFF. If he hadn't got injured in our semi against you guys, I suspect we may well have won. He's incredibly important to our structure and when on the park is an absolute game breaker. He will cost you something good and I'd be surprised if you'd be willing to give up the types of players we would want/need.

Fair post.

It may be difficult but if Knights did want out, I think a deal could be struck. What it would involve is anyone's guess.

SRV hit the nail on the head above. Whilst these types of players may be worth Knights, it is highly unlikely Collingwood would part with any of them. All of Wellingham, Beams and Sidebottom have recently inked new deals with the club too.

Fair trade imo.

But I still cannot see the dogs giving up Griffen.

Either can I, however if all things are equal; he will more than likely stay at the dogs but this is where Stiffy_18 philosophy comes into play. The AFC (or any club) should make it impossible for him to say NO.

I'm pretty sure it means

Adelaide gain Griffen - Lose Knights plus pick 12
Bulldogs gain Travis Cloke and pick 12 - lose Griffen plus second rounder
Collingwood gain Chris Knights plus second rounder - Lose Travis Cloke

Not sure it would work as I'm positive Collingwood will feel Cloke is worth more than Knights> Not sure what the Dogs would think about that deal but if Griffen wanted to leave it looks ok for them.
Looks fair from our point of view.

And that is where most trades fall down. Clubs (rightfully so in some cases) have a much higher opinion of their investment over their gain.

From the current list, there would be about 3-4 players that I would be reluctant to trade, everyone else is available if the price is right!

Having said that, I think we will not be very active during the trade week. We might swap some late picks or average talent for someone. In other words we might do a trade like we did with Moran a couple of years ago.

I very much doubt we will all of a sudden develop a hunger for aggresive trading when prior to this year we spend the trade weeks at West Lakes talking how good we are.

quite frankly the list of untouchables for me

XXXXXX Rutten XXXXXX
Johncock Davis XXXXXX
XXXXXXX Dangerfield XXXXX
XXXXXXX Walker XXXXXX
XXXXXXX Tippet XXXXXX
XXXXXX Thompson Sloane

Thats my untouchable line up. perhaps add in Hendo but even then....

Fair post.

It may be difficult but if Knights did want out, I think a deal could be struck. What it would involve is anyone's guess.

SRV hit the nail on the head above. Whilst these types of players may be worth Knights, it is highly unlikely Collingwood would part with any of them. All of Wellingham, Beams and Sidebottom have recently inked new deals with the club too.

And that's why I don't think a deal will be done. There's a lot of stuff posted about Collingwood's trading philosophy and that they'll never come to the party and offer a decent trade. My take on it is if they are in need of a certain player/type of player they are generally happy to come to the party - ie Trading for Wood and Jolly - knew they needed rucks and payed over the odds for Wood and fairly for Jolly.

When they have power in the trade (Ball can be taken cheaply in the draft) or the player they are looking at is not a "need" but more an icing on the cake type player who wants to come to Collingwood (Stevens and maybe in this case Knights) they play hard ball a bit more and become harder to deal with. It's probably smart trading in a way. I'm sure they'd love Knights but they don't need Knights - so I'd really be surprised if we were able to broker an acceptable trade with Collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back