Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would be just like the rejuvenated Crow's to beat the second placed Port Power in tonight's Showdown and then first placed Sydney away in their last game of the year next week, getting our hopes and expectations all hyped up for next year. Having said that, with players coming on and many of our best 23 playing, we do look competitive and can see some fruit of the rebuild. This needs to continue. I would love to see another 'break the lines' type ready to go midfielder recruited over the off season to complement and help cover Rankine. Port have a couple of champs in Horne-Francis and Butter's that we will need to nullify. I think the Crows are up to it. Have the heart pills handy! The Crows by a couple of goals!

Will be a feisty affair imo - Paer will not want to drop this one, will be fired up physically.

We have the wood over 'em at the moment and of course are playing better now it doesn't matter.

Fingers crossed, would love to push them down the ladder a bit - last thing I need in my already awful footy life is a teal september :-|

Port have seemed a bit flat against us in recent meetings. Weirdly we seem to match up well against them even though they've been finishing above us.

I think they'll come out extremely hard in the first 10 minutes to try to flip that around.

If we can cope with their initial huff and puff I can see us winning.

Miraculously the Best the team's looked in yonks!
Really feel Port will struggle (and expose some of their obvious flaws)
Crows by 30+ (keepin' up that avg)
I think thilthorpe is going to be a big problem for them. He will be too strong for their 1 v 1 defenders, with fog in ripping form and curtin as a 3rd tall foil up there, we will really stretch them and i see our defence being able to cope with their forwards. Unless they destroy us in the middle, we are a very good chance to win against them again

I think thilthorpe is going to be a big problem for them. He will be too strong for their 1 v 1 defenders, with fog in ripping form and curtin as a 3rd tall foil up there, we will really stretch them and i see our defence being able to cope with their forwards. Unless they destroy us in the middle, we are a very good chance to win against them again
Hopefully not too wet/greasy, reckon they'd have us covered in the mud-pig stakes 😉

I dunno :drunk: about tonight.
I've expected the Crows to lose the last three Showdowns (which they won). Likewise vs. the Bulldogs last week.

As I type it's cold and windy, with late arvo showers predicted.
Gonna be a slog so Soligo got a golden chance to glow again. :sneaky:

I hope for a win --- knock the ferals off their top-4 perch --- and do the same to Sydney next week!

I dunno :drunk: about tonight.
I've expected the Crows to lose the last three Showdowns (which they won). Likewise vs. the Bulldogs last week.

As I type it's cold and windy, with late arvo showers predicted.
Gonna be a slog so Soligo got a golden chance to glow again. :sneaky:

I hope for a win --- knock the ferals off their top-4 perch --- and do the same to Sydney next week!

I can't see us beating Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you never wish for injuries... but I hope both teams have "awareness" for the remainder of their seasons.

Aliir was out last time. If Nicks doesn’t have plans in place to get around Aliir and not bomb it in high, he will have a field day and we will lose. Looking forward to what Thilthorpe Fogarty Gollant Rachelle Keays Rankine Curtin can do in our forward line. Our forwards are way better than theirs. But their midfield has us covered. Should be close. Be interested to see if either Bond or Michallaney go to JHF. Suspect Michallaney does, and Bond to Rioli.

Last edited:
I hate the term mini Grand Finals and some of the talk this week but I am glad in some ways the pressure is on us tonight. We need the expectation.

If we can stop the influence of JHF and also we need to find away around Aliir. If we do both off those we should win.

It's a huge game for Port, both for the premiership table and mentally to show they are a better team heading into finals. If they win this then I think they are premiership favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back