Game Day Crows v Dogs

Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said, open roof scares me. Shouldn't make a difference, but it does based on history.

It'll be a significant mental step if we win this one in my opinion, especially without Dougie, who is an Etihad king.

I'm tipping us but I actually expect a loss. Irrational, I know

Crows by 11.

I don't have a good feeling about this one. The dogs at Etihad are always tricky. If we come out and let them steam role us like GWS did last week in the first 15 minutes they will inflict far more damage to the score board than what GWS did and we could easily be 5 goals down at quarter time. The Crows have to have a fast start in this one and take the game up to them straight away. After the start to the season the team has had I couldn't care less if its a shit game but as long as we win.

Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere, but I was thoroughly unimpressed by the Kyle Hartigan article in the Tiser during the week and his comments about this game being "winnable". ALL games must be viewed as winnable. The guy is too green to be coming up with rhetoric like this himself, so presume this is the party line of the club.

Its time to stop being bottom 8 bullies. There is so much talk about how we want to be like Geelong, yet I am sure that Geelong doesn't get the fixture at the start of the year and divide the games up into winnable and losable. Time to harden up Crows!

As I've said, open roof scares me. Shouldn't make a difference, but it does based on history.

It'll be a significant mental step if we win this one in my opinion, especially without Dougie, who is an Etihad king.

I'm tipping us but I actually expect a loss. Irrational, I know

Crows by 11.
Lol - I'm exactly the same - not confident at all but tipped us. Mainly because at my work everyone else tipped WB so good chance to gain some ground.

Amazingly I'm also the only one tipping Geelong:eek:

Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere, but I was thoroughly unimpressed by the Kyle Hartigan article in the Tiser during the week and his comments about this game being "winnable". ALL games must be viewed as winnable. The guy is too green to be coming up with rhetoric like this himself, so presume this is the party line of the club.

Its time to stop being bottom 8 bullies. There is so much talk about how we want to be like Geelong, yet I am sure that Geelong doesn't get the fixture at the start of the year and divide the games up into winnable and losable. Time to harden up Crows!
He probably could have said something like "it's a game we expect to win", but as soon as any player puts their team ahead of any opposition, it's scooped up by the media and used to ridiculous extremes to generate hoo-hah, so Kyle probably did the smart thing.

Should win and win well

If we don't we should forget about finals altogether
Agree we should win. Side starting to look quite settled with only Walker and B Crouch to come back in now in the short term.

We have 2 good wins now to kick start our season and gain some cohesion and confidence. Win this we go to 9th or 10 th and a win against Melb will see us back in the 8.

They have a couple of key outs.

Really there are no excuses today - everything to play for - just the kind of game we traditionally lose.

Checking in :thumbsu:

Heading to the game, I live in Docklands and its a bit breezy in Melb but a nice cool clear day.

Expecting a full on shoot out... Hoping we bring a bit of the same mongrel of the last few weeks, just seems to be a subtle shift... Dougies bump, a bit of scragging/lip and a bit more emotion seems to be back in our game.

Go Crows!

Heading to the game, I live in Docklands and its a bit breezy in Melb but a nice cool clear day.

Expecting a full on shoot out... Hoping we bring a bit of the same mongrel of the last few weeks, just seems to be a subtle shift... Dougies bump, a bit of scragging/lip and a bit more emotion seems to be back in our game.

Go Crows!

I can feel it now. We won't handle the swirling wind and kick 9.18 or some rubbish.

Ok. I'm not posting here again. Too negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have no backline we need Jenkins and Pods to dominate. Hopefully Lynch can get a heap of ball and be that linkup we need. Jacobs and Danger having big games would put us in the box seat - must win game.

So we win and we will join that just in/just out of the 8 group. Lose and we are Carlton... I think we should be able to get it done.

They have no backline we need Jenkins and Pods to dominate. Hopefully Lynch can get a heap of ball and be that linkup we need. Jacobs and Danger having big games would put us in the box seat - must win game.

THIS....

Keep Cooney and Griffen quiet the dogs really struggle...

Hopefully Campbell in is because Minson is seriously in doubt... They dropped Wallis their only real tagger (Picken is really just a small defender nowadays) so Danger could have another good day.

You've got to laugh, listening to MMM this morning. Some bloke rings in and says he's worried about the game and Douglas is hard to replace. The surprising thing is he didn't even know who replaced him. Now if you are that interested enough to call in a radio station surely you would know who is in the team.

Go Crows!
Heading to the game myself as I also live in Docklands! :)
Should be interesting with the roof open. Have they mentioned it'll be open the whole game or will it shut at half time?

I'm pretty confident going into this one. The Doggies looked to have taken a step or 2 backwards from where they were last year. Their defense has been weakend with no Roughead or Morris. So I'd expect Jenkins and Pods to step up. Jenkins as our high half forward whilst Pods can go deep forward with Danger rotating in and out. Eddie Betts needs to hit the scoreboard again this week. Sure he has been a small helping hand in some of the goal we've kicked, but we aren't paying him the big bucks for that reason. Need a bag of 4-5 from Eddie today!

You've got to laugh, listening to MMM this morning. Some bloke rings in and says he's worried about the game and Douglas is hard to replace. The surprising thing is he didn't even know who replaced him. Now if you are that interested enough to call in a radio station surely you would know who is in the team.

Even though he was clueless - he still got it right. Grigg in for Douglas makes us a weaker side.

Should win and win well

If we don't we should forget about finals altogether
Haven't they beaten us last 6 out of 7 times?

Doesn't instill great confidence ...and losing Dougie's pace frankly worries me and was the last player we needed to lose

The other danger is Crameri ...............we need a good day at the office from Shaw whom iam confident will get the job

The STADIUM HAS A ******* ROOF, SO USE IT!

Crows by 12
Thanks ....now i have to take a hat, sunglasses, and radio to know what's happening

Aweful stadium on a sunny day with roof open .........shadow to bright light is as annoying as hell to supporters and worse for players

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows v Dogs

Back