D3 2009 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be a classic contest at Scammel when Good goes up against Evil with the Saints and the Demons. Hopefully good will prevail and the Sainters get up. Have started to play some very good football the saints after a late season stumble. Saints by a point. tommy m to goal with a minute to go. best on A dwyer

In the twos i think it could be a firey encounter as there is no luv loss between these two and I suspect a few Irishman to through a few cut lunches when Bentleigh start to run away with it as I suspect they will. Bentleigh by 52. best on West

Late inclusion this week for the Power House Reserves.

Tadhg Kennelly to play. He is related to the half back line and is cousins with their onballer, back pocket and full forward.

You heard it first!

Vegemite is in great form for the Power House Reserves.

He is a big chance for the Norm Smith in the Reserves Grand Final.

And he's the only Non-Irish player in the Power House Squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tips and bog's

1's Bentleigh by plenty...that nearly rhymes...60 odd, forrest or wills for bog

2's powerhouse after the siren.... best on bull

good luck to all

Warm day forecast for tomorrow, and extremely windy which will have an impact at Scammel Reserve. The first quarter is going to be very important especially for the team with the wind.A good lead could be hard to drag back as the warm day takes it toll on the players. Looking forward to being there drinking my scotch ...sorry just coke.Good luck to all.

BIG day tomorrow, am sure there might be a few that will find it hard to get a good sleep tonight!

My predictions:

Seniors: Bentleigh by 12 points - C. Fedderson BOG

Reserves: Bentleigh by 18 Points - A. West BOG

Preliminary Final Preview

SMS
over SFX by 8 Pts (Should be a cracker of a contest as both sides appear evenly matched on paper and form. I am leaning towards SMS as I feel they have been the more destructive team on occasions this season. Thomas McDermott can destroy any defence on his day and Brett Gatehouse is one of the most consistent players in the comp. The game will most likely be won by the team that wins the most contested ball and effects the most 1%’s and for SFX to salute they will require solid games from Joel Lenders and Ted McNally. Just feel they will fall short, won’t be much in it though).

Reserves – The House by 26 Pts over SMS (as long as they can keep their players out of the Elephant and Wheelbarrow on Friday Night).

Preliminary Final Review

Ultimately I got the game at Scammel last Saturday correct (70/93), however, I was well off in the margin and have clearly underestimated the ability of SMS who must go into this Grand Final 'choc full' of confidence. After the plucky SFX had jumped the boys from Ferndale early, eighteen goals to four thereafter told the tale. Darren Hill was in everything, whilst Messrs McDermott, Adam and Adams were too potent around goal. St Francis would be disappointed to capitulate as they did, but can still hold their head high for a fine season in a new grade.

Grand Final Preview

Bentleigh over SMS by 15 Pts (I selected Bentleigh for the flag back in March and seeing they have won 17 of 19 since, I see no compelling reason to pick against them. Sure SMS will fight this one out and have the ability to crush teams, but the Demons skill acquisition in the windy conditions should be the decisive factor. I expect this game to be won from half back -strangely enough - where the competitions best backman, Paul Magnifico will show why he is one of the favourites for the competition B & F Monday by adding a Zanin Medal to his trophy cabinet. For St Mary's/Salesian to be a chance, consistent types such as Sean Crilly and Jack Fisher must play quality games and get the ball in quickly and precisely to Darren Hill who must also kick a bag for the Saints to win. I don't see this happening though as Bentleigh will place too much pressure on the ball carrier and force kicks to be sprayed in the process. Bentleigh, but not without a scare).

Reserves - Bentleigh by 31 (Too much depth. Brandon Hunt to kick a bag).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Up early this morning, just to make sure I get to Scammell Reserve in time to see Vegemite in action in his last game...before he is talked out of retirement in Round 9 next year when the House (seniors) are sitting with a 0-8 record.

Anyway, my tips are:

Seniors: Hate to agree with Quasi, but I can't see Bentleigh losing this one. I would love to see them do so, even better if it was in similar style to how they lost to Sth Districts a few years back, but they have too much quality. A five goal haul will ensure James Robertson wins the best on ground medal, while the likes of Magnifico, Fidler and Holmesby will ensure SMS cannot kick the required score to win. Bentleigh by 44 points.

Ressies: It would be a great sendoff to Vegemite for the House to take the Ressies title, but I am expecting Sniper to have a big game for the Demons and boot two goals on his non preferred foot to get his team over the line. Bentleigh by 18 points.

Yep...Bentleigh to do the double.

Here's hoping for something different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back