kingross29

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George, Boston Celtics
The rumour is he may go to Melbourne, I don't think it's at the top of his list but they may be able to pay more. Fact he is meeting with Melbourne early next week.

Dangerfield will be meeting with Melbourne early next week.

Melbourne are keen to get Dangefield on an offer of $850-900k per year for 5 years.

Melbourne have proposed trading pick 2 plus compensation pick for Frawley (assuming it's end of 1st round). There may have to be another pick upgrade or players involved to get it over the line but Crows and Dangerfield are considering.

This would help the lack of elite young talent at the Crows after the whole Trigg/Tippet saga.

The rumour is he may go to Melbourne, I don't think it's at the top of his list but they may be able to pay more. Fact he is meeting with Melbourne early next week.

Melbourne are keen to get Dangefield on an offer of $850-900k per year for 5 years.

Melbourne have proposed trading pick 2 plus compensation pick for Frawley (assuming it's end of 1st round). There may have to be another pick upgrade or players involved to get it over the line but Crows and Dangerfield are considering.

This would help the lack of elite young talent at the Crows after the whole Trigg/Tippet saga.

Would love it if it were true. Doubt he would go to cellar dwellar Melbourne though.

Where have you heard this?

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Would've thought we'd be offering about that. Don't see the benefit for him exept being closer to home and he doesn't seem the homesick type. No success waiting at Melbourne

But if its true and he's not going to commit before next year and FA, pull the ****ing trigger

If danger is looking at a 5 year time line, I wouldn't have thought there'd be much difference in the likelihood of flag success at either of the clubs. The money doesn't sound enough though. I would have thought if his manager rang around that he would end up with a dozen offers similar or better. But, if danger is thinking of heading back to Victoria, then I sure as shit hope it's during this years trade period and not next years free agency window.

That said, I'd much prefer him to commit to us for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Source or GTFO.
I know quite a lot of people in the industry, this was from another players manager as his deal for a youngish player can't be finalised until Melbourne do all of their interviews/offers. I'm not for one second saying it's set he will go there, just he and his manager will be flying to Melbourne at some stage next week for a meeting.

Surely, they would be able to go as high as 1.25m a season. Wasn't Clark reported to be on $700-800k? Plus the money set aside for frawley.

If we think Dangerfield is set to leave this would probably be a good deal (or at least a lot better than losing him next year to free agency) but I don't see how it benefits Danger. He has stated several times that he prioritises team success very highly. Surely if he was going to return to Melbourne there would be clubs lining up to bid for his services. Why would he choose Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back