Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What a vile post.

All I'm saying is if you could get a good deal for Rioli and Bolton as you enter a rebuild I'd take it and run. If you want to blow smoke up their asses and pretend they are like Hodge or Cotchin, good for you.
Vile? You're the one lumping them together son.

"they aren't going to teach these kids to be men, to train hard and show them how to be afl footballers. These two are guys that make good teams great, the cherry on top type of guys"

As I said, you clearly have NFI about Rioli. Cherry on top player? He's about to win our bnf in our worst ever season. How in the **** is that a cherry on top type player?

No one said either are Hodge or Cotchin, but Dimma is chasing Dan for his experience and attitude and to help change Suns culture. Not to be a cherry on top 🤦🏻

Pick 6 is a given.

The extras will be later shuffling.

Something like 6, 37, 46 for Rioli and F3.

Richmond get a couple of extra picks in 2024 to bundle together for Brisbane.

GC get points for next year.

Tigers supporters putting any of 12, 20 or 26 with 6 are delusional.
Richmond have more than enough picks for Brisbane with
1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 72, 75
37 & 46 are totally useless to Richmond and would not take that

Vile? You're the one lumping them together son.

"they aren't going to teach these kids to be men, to train hard and show them how to be afl footballers. These two are guys that make good teams great, the cherry on top type of guys"

As I said, you clearly have NFI about Rioli. Cherry on top player? He's about to win our bnf in our worst ever season. How in the **** is that a cherry on top type player?

No one said either are Hodge or Cotchin, but Dimma is chasing Dan for his experience and attitude and to help change Suns culture. Not to be a cherry on top 🤦🏻
Its vile, you know what you were trying to do.

I mean who else could win your bnf? Tom Lynch after kicking six goals? Bloody hell. You had like 6 guys who played more than 20 games. You scored the least amount of points while almost giving up the most. You'd hope he'd win it after the season you've had.

All I've said is if you could get good deals for these guys I'd take it. They aren't your Hodge or Cotchin types and I don't think they will be overly valuable for a club getting flogged each week.

I really don't know what you are trying to argue? You don't want a good deal for them? Ok.

Its vile, you know what you were trying to do.

I mean who else could win your bnf? Tom Lynch after kicking six goals? Bloody hell. You had like 6 guys who played more than 20 games. You scored the least amount of points while almost giving up the most. You'd hope he'd win it after the season you've had.

All I've said is if you could get good deals for these guys I'd take it. They aren't your Hodge or Cotchin types and I don't think they will be overly valuable for a club getting flogged each week.

I really don't know what you are trying to argue? You don't want a good deal for them? Ok.
I'll tell ya who won't be, Shai Bolton. Hence the completely different way they both carried eachother this season.

Just pointing out ot was a lazy and uninformed opinion by lumping them both together 👍

Gold Coast can’t “win” from this situation.

If they play hardball, they miss out on one of the best players to nominate them for a trade.

If they really want Rioli, they’ll have to pay up (and by that I mean more than pick 6).

I think they’d rather be seen as paying overs to land a gun player than lose out on him all together.

It will be pick 6 plus a sweetener otherwise he stays and GCS look like idiots. Richmond hold all the power.
You guys have the whip hand no doubt, unless we wise up and walk away. Then you’re left with a depreciating asset and a supporter base pissed that The rebuild will take that much longer.

For the record I don’t think we will walk but I have everything crossed that we do!

You guys have the whip hand no doubt, unless we wise up and walk away. Then you’re left with a depreciating asset and a supporter base pissed that The rebuild will take that much longer.

For the record I don’t think we will walk but I have everything crossed that we do!
If Rioli stays we could still have 1,9,16,18,21 & 29. This also excludes a baker trade and Graham compo.

Pick 6 is a given.

The extras will be later shuffling.

Something like 6, 37, 46 for Rioli and F3.

Richmond get a couple of extra picks in 2024 to bundle together for Brisbane.

GC get points for next year.

Tigers supporters putting any of 12, 20 or 26 with 6 are delusional.

Why?
Because you say so or because you think it's overs or possibly have inside knowledge?

Funny that Cal Twomey also mentions that 'Just pick #6 is not acceptable to the Tigers"

Looks like the RFC is on the same page as the Tiger fans
he said it with a straight face as well, which was most impressive. Especially after it also said Rioli was coming to the end of his career, then backtracked.

The Suns trades team are dumb enough to pay overs, we all know it but geez I hope they pull the pin

Not really. In the last game of the season West Coast had 10 players 21 and under. Richmond only 2.

It's a turbo charge from a long was back given you are losing 3 of your best players.
There's a big reason why West Coast are chasing Graham and Baker. Having a list so young is actually not a good thing when building a team to compete.

If Rioli stays we could still have 1,9,16,18,21 & 29. This also excludes a baker trade and Graham compo.
Thanks, and why would I give a shit? Going to be more misses than hits in that group as in every draft

That's not what I said...
You said the only reason Rioli wants to go GC is because of his 'strong relationship with Dimma'. I find this kind of weird.

I'm not convinced Dimma has really been very good for Dan's career at all. Rioli's best year was the only one Dimma wasn't his coach.
Rioli had a really promising rookie season, then didn't really improve at all under Dimma for six years. At that point he was fringe and stagnating. He didn't come good until he was finally shifted back. He has thrived since, though I not sure how much of that success you could put down to Dimma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only guys in that list rated as a first rounder were Darcy, Croft and Ugle-hagan and you're sure throwing around star player pretty loosely with some of these.

You've got the 4 from last year, a top 10 likely this year. A guy expected to contend for pick 1 next year along with apparently a bunch mroe coming through next year. Let's not pretend the handfull of guys we've had in the last 15 years is equivalent to this current trend>

Is this just a purple patch for the GC academy? who knows, but right now it's fairly relentless
Jamarra - pick 1
Darcy - pick 2
Croft - pick 15
Ayce - pick 15

Wallis - Port Adelaide bid their first round selection under the old rules
Liberatore - Sydney bid their second round selection in under the old rules

Hunter - north bid their second round selection

Rhylee West - pick 26 (same as Will Graham)

You’ve had absurd father son and academy handouts for the last 15 years but by all means, how dare the Suns have 4 top 18 academy picks in the same time..

Jamarra - pick 1
Darcy - pick 2
Croft - pick 15
Ayce - pick 15

Wallis - Port Adelaide bid their first round selection under the old rules
Liberatore - Sydney bid their second round selection in under the old rules

Hunter - north bid their second round selection

Rhylee West - pick 26 (same as Will Graham)

You’ve had absurd father son and academy handouts for the last 15 years but by all means, how dare the Suns have 4 top 18 academy picks in the same time..
Youll have more than caught up by next year. 4 first rounders last year(including 2 top 10), 1 first rounder this year, and 1 likely top 5 pick next year

The Suns don't need to walk. They just need to look at their list and their assets and figure out the best way to maximise both. Rioli is obviously the target but the only reason pick 6 is on the table is because Victorian clubs have come to expect Gold Coast to bend over. You've got four academy prospects coming through next year so trade 6 into 2025, give 35 to Collingwood to Noble, give everything else to Richmond for Rioli and points. Richmond will be able to do some damage with 12, 20, 21, 26 and 29 in their arsenal plus whatever they get from Bolton / Baker.

he said it with a straight face as well, which was most impressive. Especially after it also said Rioli was coming to the end of his career, then backtracked.

The Suns trades team are dumb enough to pay overs, we all know it but geez I hope they pull the pin
Whoever said it probably backtracked after realising how stupid they sounded. Rioli is in his prime and has 6-8 years left in the game.

You will change your tune as soon as you see how he rips the ball from the oppo and supercharges your ball movement.

Any perceived overs you pay will be more than compensated by the massive unders you pay for Lombard. Added to the rort of Walter et al last year, and Uwlund & co. next year.

Youll have more than caught up by next year. 4 first rounders last year(including 2 top 10), 1 first rounder this year, and 1 likely top 5 pick next year
Footy is booming in SE Qld. They'll have a conga line of freebies for years to come.

Again, calling Will Graham a first rounder is a technicality because the AFL shifts the round to include bids as non-live selections, he was pick 26, he was not rated as a first round talent.

So if we consider it a true first round pick (top 18 player) then we will have had 5 after this year and potentially Zeke next year.

So again, over 15 years the dogs, who don’t have a true ‘academy’ have had a more relentless stream of high quality players given to them than the Suns have through theirs so far.

The Suns don't need to walk. They just need to look at their list and their assets and figure out the best way to maximise both. Rioli is obviously the target but the only reason pick 6 is on the table is because Victorian clubs have come to expect Gold Coast to bend over. You've got four academy prospects coming through next year so trade 6 into 2025, give 35 to Collingwood to Noble, give everything else to Richmond for Rioli and points. Richmond will be able to do some damage with 12, 20, 21, 26 and 29 in their arsenal plus whatever they get from Bolton / Baker.

giphy (22).gif

Again, calling Will Graham a first rounder is a technicality because the AFL shifts the round to include bids as non-live selections, he was pick 26, he was not rated as a first round talent.

So if we consider it a true first round pick (top 18 player) then we will have had 5 after this year and potentially Zeke next year.

So again, over 15 years the dogs, who don’t have a true ‘academy’ have had a more relentless stream of high quality players given to them than the Suns have through theirs so far.
Whatever pick he went at, Graham is first-round quality. Better player than Rogers IMO.

Thats 100% correct and went similar at Richmond

But Gold Coast has handed the credit card to Dimma and he is the messiah as far as they are concerned and is shaping the list to how he wants it and the Rioli call is 100% a Dimma call as is the Luko decision.

He has instructed the list management what he wants this year and it not 18 year old kids and he said in his own words draft picks mean nothing as he has a shed load of Academy kids coming through in 2023, Lombard in 2024 and another 3-4 next year. He wants to have his old toys to teach the kids

I know but that's the point. At Richmond it worked because hardback focused on the game plan and culture and player development and left recruitment to Hartley and other people and didn't dominate everything. If he tries to run everything at GC and if they let him it will fail for both parties regardless of the talent on the list. Good clubs have clearly defined roles.

At the futures game being played right now at the MCG it could be argued. We have three of the best five players on the ground at half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back