Daniher or Cloke - who's worse?

• Daniher

Votes: 111 51.6%
  • Cloke

Votes: 104 48.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends how you read it.
Jack's body language has always been pretty obvious given how raw it was.

You can take Joey's one of two ways
1) he doesn't give a f*** and thinks the entire thing is a joke
2) he is giving himself a little clip but keeping himself positive.

I was coached on this with Tennis, which to me is very like the FF in AFL. Very individual game and a lot of it is in your head.
The biggest issue i had was dropping my head and letting errors get to me. Could very easily let a 5-1 set get into a slog.
When you learned to shake your head and move on from it quickly, usually with a smirk/smile and quiet word to yourself, you were ready for the next point and not dwelling on the previous.

Put aside his goal kicking stats for the weekend and look at the remainder stats and you can see Daniher stays in the game and his output around the ground is high.
I am glad you worked on your mental tennis game and improved your backhand.

Football is different because you have 17 other team mates busting a gut to get the ball to you, the FF, so you can do one thing and one thing only; kick a goal.

When you are physically taxed it effects you emotionally. You've run umpteen kilometres, taken knocks and bumps, probably playing with some sort of niggle. All this effort to get the ball into the hands of this goofy looking dork who likes to laugh when he misses a kick at goal.

Not sure why Essendon supporters fail to comprehend why Smilin Joe is not a good thing.

Fairly basic concept I would have thought. Certainly not anything that needs to be defended or explained.

Maybe go back to square 1.=Recruit footballers .
2=Recruit ex FOOTBALLERS to teach the athletes how to kick

I am glad you worked on your mental tennis game and improved your backhand.

Football is different because you have 17 other team mates busting a gut to get the ball to you, the FF, so you can do one thing and one thing only; kick a goal.

When you are physically taxed it effects you emotionally. You've run umpteen kilometres, taken knocks and bumps, probably playing with some sort of niggle. All this effort to get the ball into the hands of this goofy looking dork who likes to laugh when he misses a kick at goal.

Not sure why Essendon supporters fail to comprehend why Smilin Joe is not a good thing.

Fairly basic concept I would have thought. Certainly not anything that needs to be defended or explained.
>implying Joe isn't working just as hard (if not harder) than all of his teammates.

not ideal for when he gets one and the siren goes.

Not going to hang him after one particularly poor game.
Other than, he's been pretty good.
Yeah it needs to be fixed but whatever works for him. JJK has fixed his stutter up so kicking habits can be changed just need to put the hard work in. I remember Reiwoldt changed his kicking action and remember him saying something like it takes 10000 hours for a habit/action before it is really changed and becomes instinct.

Yeah it needs to be fixed but whatever works for him. JJK has fixed his stutter up so kicking habits can be changed just need to put the hard work in. I remember Reiwoldt changed his kicking action and remember him saying something like it takes 10000 hours for a habit/action before it is really changed and becomes instinct.
Sometimes it can be a very simple thing, i used to bowl and had a stutter in my run up.
We worked out i was looking at the crease i was bowling from, all i did to fix it was lift my eyes and look at where i wanted the ball to land.
So it may be just simple, or like i said in another post, if he has been practicing the wrong technique for a long time, he could be stuck with what he has.

You don't have to kick over a man on the mark with a field kick in most cases so it's a different technique, a much higher kick. Just needs to practice IMO.

I've wondered why players who are good on the run don't practice going back further for a set shot, so that they can simulate an on the run kick and still clear the man on the mark.

I've wondered why players who are good on the run don't practice going back further for a set shot, so that they can simulate an on the run kick and still clear the man on the mark.
Some players do, if they are inside 30-40 depending on players range, but after that distance is a factor for obvious reasons.

I didn't watch the match on Sunday; just how many of his misses were from reasonably simple kicks and how many of them were him taking a ping at goals from a difficult distance/angle?

Some players do, if they are inside 30-40 depending on players range, but after that distance is a factor for obvious reasons.

For sure, if you're 50m out it's an issue, but a lot of Daniher's shots are from closer in.

I didn't watch the match on Sunday; just how many of his misses were from reasonably simple kicks and how many of them were him taking a ping at goals from a difficult distance/angle?

More easy than hard. He hah a couple from a long way out, one of the run on the boundary that went oof, but there were 3-4 that he should not have missed. IMO of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not worried about Joey at all, Am I nuts?

Good putters are always good putters.

Poor putters have sporadic good patches but always remain poor putters.

Good goalkickers are always good goalkickers.

Poor goalkickers have sporadic good patches but always remain poor goalkickers.

* "always" = 99% of the time, so those who want to have eternal faith can never be begrudged. But it is "always" just forlorn hope.

** Sergio just won The Masters and Levi is potting goals beautifully. Moments in time.

To be fair I don't think any were absolute sitters i.e. 10 metres out straight in front. A couple were what i would call easy and a couple were 50/50 but there was one from close to the boundary from memory - plus he hit the post. Then again he does hit the post quite a lot.

Big call especially since cloke careers almost finished and danihers just starting but to go off last week man that was terrible so i voted daniher.
To be truly honest i dont even know how you get an anzac medal when your kicking under 50% as a forward. Seriously if you are a forward and your under 50% it shouldnt be concidered a good game i dont care how many you kick. Kicking for goal is your job you should be better than a 50/50 chance.
All this said we have levi and he is worse than both of these guys. He is the only player in the league that when lining up for goal needs out of bounds factored into whether or ot he will kick to the left, right or a goal.

Big call especially since cloke careers almost finished and danihers just starting but to go off last week man that was terrible so i voted daniher.
To be truly honest i dont even know how you get an anzac medal when your kicking under 50% as a forward. Seriously if you are a forward and your under 50% it shouldnt be concidered a good game i dont care how many you kick. Kicking for goal is your job you should be better than a 50/50 chance.
All this said we have levi and he is worse than both of these guys. He is the only player in the league that when lining up for goal needs out of bounds factored into whether or ot he will kick to the left, right or a goal.
If you couldn't see that Daniher was absolutely excellent on Anzac Day then you'll never appreciate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniher worse than Cloke?

Back