Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood makes Darren Jolly offer

I hope that's been reported incorrectly, because if it's true we'll have to listen to another 1,000 years of idiotic fans of rival clubs banging on about how we're horrible to trade with.

Originally posted by KissStephanie
Haven't you heard that Collingwood is considering trading for Melbourne's pick #11 or pick #18? Leon Davis' name has also been linked to a trade to a South Australian or Western Australian club.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26170706-5012432,00.html

Despite their need to make two deals work, the Magpies weren't one of a number of clubs to approach Melbourne yesterday with the idea of getting hold of either pick 11 or 18 from the Demons, so as to be able to facilitate subsequent trades.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26170706-5012432,00.html

Re: Jolly committed to becoming a pie

To all the people who said Jolly would be a pie by tonight....

What happened?

Hahaha.

If every club wants to plan hardball and demand form us, we will play hardball back.

Ball is not worth a first round pick.

I never really felt Jolly was worth a 1st rounder either really, (contrary to media reports) considering he is 28.

Both are worth 2nd round + possibly steak knives.

We must be trying to keep our 1st round for Fev.

I think it is a bluff. We will use pick 14 for Jolly and 30 plus fringe player for Ball IMO.
Yeah, having a read of it I think it's just more posturing. We're trying to get #14 alone over the line for Jolly. Ball just plain isn't worth a 1st rounder on market value, so we're on the money there.

As if we are going to show our hand to the papers or radio stations or anyway for that matter.
It all is speculative until 2pm Friday or at the time when a deal gets signed off.

Collingwood seem to be playing hardball now, in inverse proportions to earlier in the week.​

They are now stating that they want to keep our 1st round and use 2nd round picks to land Jolly and Ball according to SEN website. If looking to use two 2nd round picks, must be looking to trade and to be offering 3rd round for Fev.​

They must think Ball, Jolly and Fev are all definitely going and don't have other suitors.​
It's just bluff and part of the negotiation process.

They are just saying that we will not be bent over.

Btw, I might remind everyone that this is reported on SEN and has no-one credited with the story. Just as likely to be crap.

What happened?

SEN on their website have reported Collingwood are now reluctant to part with their first round pick for either Jolly or Ball.

Pies believe Sydney paid a first round pick for a player who was 23 hitting his peak and now he is 28. He is not worth the same he was worth 5 years ago.

Also, Pies are bemused as to the Saints demanding a 1st round selection for a player who they had no faith in throughout the year.

Seems we are happy to part with second round picks (obviously we'll need to get our hands on another one).

If other clubs want to demand and play hardball, we will play hardball back.

The plot thickens.

What happened?
the fact we are not willing to give up pick 14 is the issue or we have to give 2 2nd round picks which means we need to trade to get them.
typical BS, players linked with us and then we get fk all

the fact we are not willing to give up pick 14 is the issue or we have to give 2 2nd round picks which means we need to trade to get them.
typical BS, players linked with us and then we get fk all

Relax.

Plenty of time fellas. It's only Tuesday.

FWIW, I'd rather offer our first pick for Fev.

He is a far better player than Jolly or Ball.

Seems we have now "earmarked" our first rounder for Fev going by reports we no longer want to part with that for Jolly or Ball.

Should have been like this from the start.

Reading between the lines here, Sydney has woken up and accepted thay pick 14 is more the fair for Jolly, but Collingwood have responded by basically saying "we told you so, we told you so" and are now going to delay the deal and see if we can get a better deal then pick 14.

Sydney tried to play hardball, saying that pick 14 wasnt enough, when most pundits considered it more then fair, now it might come back to bite them on the arse, and they may have to accept a second round pick and a player.

I'm glad we are playing tough with Ball too, he simply isnt worth a 1st round pick, as Collingwood has inferred, why give away a first round pick for a player who wasnt even in the best 22 at his current club.

Pies seem to be doing everything right, which is good to see.

At least we have some idea of what's been going on over the past few days now.:thumbsu:

Holy crap thats dumb. I can understand not wanting to give too much away but surely one of either Jolly, Ball or Fev are worth a first round pick?

Still 3 days left, plenty of time to get something worked out. But if we miss out on all 3 there are going to be some raging supporters on the weekend.

Just heard pick 14 for Jolly has been accepted in the past few hours and only paper-work to go through

Jolly WILL be a Pie tommorow :)

really? It appears that we wont be using a 1st rounder so not sure about that

So basically we will fail to land anyone.

this sums it pretty much up.

If we get anyone i can only see us getting 1 of them and thats Ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else get the feeling that by going for all 3 players, we will end up with none?

I agree matty.

We are doing everything right in this trade period.

Playing everything close to our chest.

Some people on here are just "too desperate" and are willing to just do deals for the sake of doing them and "landing a player".

We need to hang tough and do what's best for our football club.

The deadline is 2pm Friday.

Everything will be revealed then.

I have a feeling Leon Davis is going to play a big part in all this.....

I agree matty.

We are doing everything right in this trade period.

Playing everything close to our chest.

Some people on here are just "too desperate" and are willing to just do deals for the sake of doing them and "landing a player".

We need to hang tough and do what's best for our football club.

The deadline is 2pm Friday.

Everything will be revealed then.

I hope we are being strategic. If it comes to Friday and we've missed out on these players then there will be a lot of grief.

Does anyone else get the feeling that by going for all 3 players, we will end up with none?

YES! Omg I hope we are not being greedy! Seriously, the chances of us getting all 3 is slim! and i would be extremely happy with Jolly and/or Ball.

(HAHAAHAHAHAHAH ON SEN: (just had to put it here coz i thought it was hilarious) a saints supporter said he wants Medhurst + pick 14 for Ball, HHHAHAHA)

Peter Bell outmarked him twice.

If we get Jolly Fraser will be used as a tall wingman option. he does have a good tank when he tries, good skills and can go forward and kick goals. Pretty much will be used in a Richo like role. Hard to match up on and could finally become useful on our list.

wouldnt have thought so.. I can see your point, but Fraser is more useful if he stays in the goal square and Jack and Travis play up at CHF. We tend to bomb it in long all the time where Jack is up against a taller defender every time. IF Fraser stays in that area, it will benefit us, and hope to christ our small forwards get to his feet to crumb.

According to paul roos

No one from collingwood spoke to him today, so maybe just maybe this is sen bullshit

According to paul roos

No one from collingwood spoke to him today, so maybe just maybe this is sen bullshit

Where'd you read that?

According to paul roos

Good to hear.

The club is being very strategic and meticulous in its approach.

It is difficult in any trade period to get one player let alone three.

FWIW, I think we should change our strategy and I think the club has taken this stance now too.

Pick 14 needs to be kept. It is our bargaining chip for Fev.

Ball ain't worth it. Saints are dreaming if they think he is worth that.

As for Jolly, pick 14 is a little rich for a ruckman turning 28.

I'd be more than happy to pass on Jolly and snare Fev because players like Fev do not grow on trees. He is the best player in his position. Jolly is not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back