Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jolly committed to becoming a pie

Look out guys, Jolly deal will be announced today and the Ball deal will follow later in the week.

Looking like Pick 14 and a swap of later picks with Sydney getting the higher of the picks of course. Not known what rounds picks they are but, hopefully 3rd or 4th round selections.

Wrong. Out of contract

Incorrect. Still has time to run on his contract. All he has said is he wants to come back to Victoria and the Swans want to help him. However they are holding out for a great deal because they know they can say no and he will have to stay. They have the leverage.

If he was out of contract, they would snap up Collingwood's 14 pick in a heartbeat.

Wrong. Out of contract

Umm, sorry you're wrong. :D

To help facilitate the move, Jolly, who has served two years of his four-year contract with the Swans, engaged experienced Melbourne-based player agent Paul Connors a month ago.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26164117-5012432,00.html

The Magpies' offer for Jolly, who turns 28 next month, will need to take in at least the 2010 and 2011 seasons, as Jolly had signed a contract with the Swans until the end of 2011.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pies-make-jolly-offer/story-e6frf9jf-1225782324014

If he was out of contract, they would snap up Collingwood's 14 pick in a heartbeat.

I don't think you'd offer Pick #14 if that was the case.

Look out guys, Jolly deal will be announced today and the Ball deal will follow later in the week.

Looking like Pick 14 and a swap of later picks with Sydney getting the higher of the picks of course. Not known what rounds picks they are but, hopefully 3rd or 4th round selections.

Which will probably finalise the Hall trade soon after. Makes sense.

I dunno about Lockett (I think we said no?) and Gherig, but Stevens ended up going PSD for whatever reason. I imagine because we wouldn't have had a pick high enough to get him in the draft so it was irrelevant.
Cousins we decided not to go after, so it didn't matter where he wanted to go.

Allan Mcalister said no to lockett. Sav had just kicked 9o plus goals previous year. Don't know what happend with th G train. Port wanted Didak and or Presti for Stevens. Haven't had much luck doing trades with other teams recently.

You know people are going a little trade fever crazy, when they start talking about swapping Fraser for Ball and trading second round draft picks for Fev...

If Ball goes, it will probably mean we lose Leon and that will mean that everyone will have to arrange a ring-a-rosey trade between us, weagles and saints...

Ball, Fev and Jolly are all under contract and I think two of them will stay where they are..

I think Ball is looking for promises from Lyon for next year and nominated Magpies because it's unlikely he'll be able to get traded....so at the end of the week, he goes back to the Saints with assurances that he'll get a better go in the team next year.

Fev will probably play Carlton next year....but will never play at Collingwood...guaranteed..

Jolly likely but ...there's a long way to go still

Allan Mcalister said no to lockett. Sav had just kicked 9o plus goals previous year. Don't know what happend with th G train. Port wanted Didak and or Presti for Stevens. Haven't had much luck doing trades with other teams recently.

Not really.

We haven't had any problems since the Stevens incident, a situation where we weren't even the bad guys.

We've traded for Wood, Corrie, Brown, Medhurst, Morrison and passed along Tarrant, Shaw, Scotland, Davies and a few I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Fraser is a worse forward than he is ruckman. He might have been decent in his stints earlier in his career, but he is currently a shit contested mark for someone of his height, and his mobility is shot to pieces with all his injuries. Nowhere near quick enough on a lead anymore to get the uncontested marks that he would require to be a success in the forward line.

If a good deal comes up we should trade him right now. Any value he has will be lessened at the end of next season when Jolly should he come becomes our number 1 ruckman.
Peter Bell outmarked him twice.

If we get Jolly Fraser will be used as a tall wingman option. he does have a good tank when he tries, good skills and can go forward and kick goals. Pretty much will be used in a Richo like role. Hard to match up on and could finally become useful on our list.

Incorrect. Still has time to run on his contract. All he has said is he wants to come back to Victoria and the Swans want to help him. However they are holding out for a great deal because they know they can say no and he will have to stay. They have the leverage.

My bad, thought that was the case. I'll be the big man and own up to my mistake. Just hope we get the big man.

Allan Mcalister said no to lockett. Sav had just kicked 9o plus goals previous year. Don't know what happend with the G train. Port wanted Didak and or Presti for Stevens. Haven't had much luck doing trades with other teams recently.
We had just r*ped them of a coach and West Coast wanted nothing to do with us at the time.

If Burgoyne goes elsewhere, will Hawks use No. 1 pick for Jolly? Seems too high to me and I hope they won't, but they desperately need a decent ruck - let's offer them Fraser for Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just get the Jolly trade over and done with before the Burgoyne situation becomes clear.

Then if Burgoyne doesn't go to the Hawks, we can help him get to the Saints and pick up Ball in return. :thumbsu:

Heard that Burgoyne has gone to Melbourne for Jamar - shit! Josh to Hawks for Kennedy, give them a big bargain.

That would never happen, Jamar has nowhere near Burgoyne's value. There would have to be some serious picks involved for that to get over the line.

Sounds like the timing works out pretty well for us. :)

Unless Sydney keep acting like ********s and keep holding out in hope for a Hawthorn deal.

Unless Sydney keep acting like ********s and keep holding out in hope for a Hawthorn deal.
How do we know that for fact?

The deal could basically be done, it is tuesday so finalising paperwork is not really important right now

How do we know that for fact?

The deal could basically be done, it is tuesday so finalising paperwork is not really important right now

It just seems that Sydney are deliberately delaying the trade, waiting for the Burgoyne deal to fall apart, and Hawthorn to come knocking.

No source on this, but it just seems Sydney are all but ignoring us at the moment.

The deal is far from done, the lastest rumour was they are waiting to see what we do with Leon Davis, Luke Ball and Fevola, and hoping for a higher pick then 14.

I still say we make a play for Mumford, 22 year old ruck, more upside then a 28 year old good ruck.

that's theory, not fact

tad abrasive for 2nd day of the trade

Yeah, I'm getting impatient.:eek:

The AFL should change the trade period to either 2 days or an open ended 6 month period, this one week thing is rather stupid.

that's theory, not fact

tad abrasive for 2nd day of the trade
yeah im with you
Yeah, I'm getting impatient.:eek:

The AFL should change the trade period to either 2 days or an open ended 6 month period, this one week thing is rather stupid.
its a week, there is no reason to rush on tuesday when you have until friday

I remember being told the taz to freo deal would fall over hundreds of times before the friday of that week, not only did we get the deal we wanted both sides were happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back