Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard that Pick 14 will go to Geelong, Tom Hawkins will be going to the Western Bulldogs, Western Bulldogs first pick and Andrejs Everitt to Sydney and jolly to us.

Geelong have no cap room at all so that's why they're letting Hawkins go. The rumour ish e wants to be in Melbourne anyway because he is enrolled in the Melbourne Jd next year (some postgrad law course or something). Everitt is happy to move to syd he knows ppl there fromw hen peter everitt wwas there so ye ive heard this is the go.

UI, forget about Fev.

We are now an unrealistic chance at getting him.

He is Brisbane bound.

We need to focus all of our energies on Jolly and Ball.

If things sour for us and Jolly, we can always make a pitch for Mumford or Griffin.

Jolly is proving difficult.

I'm quite confident we will get Ball though.

I have heard that Pick 14 will go to Geelong, Tom Hawkins will be going to the Western Bulldogs, Western Bulldogs first pick and Andrejs Everitt to Sydney and jolly to us.

Geelong have no cap room at all so that's why they're letting Hawkins go. The rumour ish e wants to be in Melbourne anyway because he is enrolled in the Melbourne Jd next year (some postgrad law course or something). Everitt is happy to move to syd he knows ppl there fromw hen peter everitt wwas there so ye ive heard this is the go.

And where did you hear this from? (this would be good, if it is tru, but geez, the Bullies getting to big forwards from none? They will be happy)

Re: so Sydney say Pick 14 is not enough

I was reading this thread with interest until I noticed something..your missing the point, your time is now. I think, with your indulgence, that Jolly for 14 is good for you. jolly for first 22 player is good for us. What will it take. you are the ones with the premiership window open, not us. How much do you want it, that's what I'm asking. You can't have a win-win these days. What's it going to be, premiership now, or developed players 4-5 years from now, and no flag, can't have it both ways. That's how we got our flags, not from lots of picks, from astute trades for players.. your call...

I honestly think the Jolly deal is done. They are waiting on Mumford. This is possibly also why the saints are pursuing a player rather than 14 as they realize it's already out the door.

I was reading this thread with interest until I noticed something..your missing the point, your time is now. I think, with your indulgence, that Jolly for 14 is good for you. jolly for first 22 player is good for us. What will it take. you are the ones with the premiership window open, not us. How much do you want it, that's what I'm asking. You can't have a win-win these days. What's it going to be, premiership now, or developed players 4-5 years from now, and no flag, can't have it both ways. That's how we got our flags, not from lots of picks, from astute trades for players.. your call...

Haha and they think we over rate our players.

Jolly is only one piece of the puzzle. He isn't going to win us a flag by himself. If the draft was taken now would anybody take Jolly with picks 1-13? Im going to say no.

Your time is now, so weaken your side by giving up a really good player and pick 14 so you can have our ruckman.

He is contracted at the Swans until 2011. If the Hawks offer Sydney a better pick and Jolly mostly just wants to come to Melbourne, (even though he prefers the Pies - I mean Christ everyone knows Judd preferred the Pies but we didnt have a good enough pick) I can see it happening. They are still in the premiership mix. But yeah great if they would rather Mumford and better still if the deal is more or less done.

imo ...

collingwood will wind up giving the first rounder to sydney, if they'll take it. their supposedly playing hard ball. ball is worth a second rounder. i wouldn't be happy giving up pick +14 for ball. jolly is different. we actually really need him.

i dunno what sydney want with the pick though. to me, i think a first rounder for jolly works fine for both parties, since the swans are going to start rebuilding. i'd go possibly pick 14+third rounder for jolly. not a second rounder.

Fair enough, we're all biased towards our clubs, I think 1st and 2nd round is fair as I doubt the 2nd round pick is likely to be anything special. I've seen Wellingham mentioned quite a bit, what type of player is he and is he likely to be a regular for Collingwood in 2010 if he stays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it!

I've just had to delete 70+ posts from people acting like children, who don't know how to discuss the topic at hand in a civil manner.

Next off-topic post, and I'm handing out cards.

Fair enough, we're all biased towards our clubs, I think 1st and 2nd round is fair as I doubt the 2nd round pick is likely to be anything special. I've seen Wellingham mentioned quite a bit, what type of player is he and is he likely to be a regular for Collingwood in 2010 if he stays?

sharrod - came of the rookie list. quick, can kick goals, can tag, plays mainly as an outside, i think. done some decent jobs on good players as a tagger. needs to bulk up a little. he'd probably work for sydney as an outside midfielder because he's got dash and good foot skills.

likely to be in the 22, i'd think.

Geez we would want to get one of Jolly and Ball tommorow so we arn't rushed into anything stupid on Friday.

I'm getting a little edgy :(

sharrod - came of the rookie list. quick, can kick goals, can tag, plays mainly as an outside, i think. done some decent jobs on good players as a tagger. needs to bulk up a little. he'd probably work for sydney as an outside midfielder because he's got dash and good foot skills.

likely to be in the 22, i'd think.

Who would you liken him to?

Rhyce Shaw with better skills, but a little less accountable at this point in time.
No way. The only thing they have in common is foot speed.
Sharrod is tough as, doesn't mind fishing in a pack for his own ball. And he doesn't play the 'stream out of the half back line and deliver it to the CHF line' role that Rhyce did. Sharrod will be much more of a pure midfielder I would think.

He needs to develop his defensive side, which may see him played down back by Mick next year, as we did with Diasy this year. He did quite well when tried out as a tagger (was keeping level with GAJ earlier this year), but when he isn't given that particular role I think his opponent seems to find space.

He is a silky mover in traffic, and was touted as having a incredibly sharp boot (although we haven't seen a heap of evidence of this at senior level).
I think he needs some more confidence. Confidence from the coaching staff, and confidence in his own game and skills. If he doesn't get a regular gig next year, he may in fact go backwards. I think right now is a critical time in his career where he really needs to step up, and have faith shown in him.
Look for a breakout game early next year IMHO.

Lookie at what I found....http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/85835/default.aspx

Wonder if this is a calculated move to somehow drive up his trade value?

I hope they don't see the past winners list;

Past winners of the Joseph Wren Trophy
Ryan Cook (2009)
Brent Macaffer (2008)
Ben Davis (2007)
Adam Iacobucci (2006)
Jason Cloke (2005)
Justin Crowe (2004)
Dane Swan (2003)

Apart from Swan, and maybe MaCaffer, that isn't exactly a list of champions.

Let's just hope Roos is an optimist and sees Cook as a one in 7 chance of getting a Dane Swan type of player.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back