Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Please explain?

In English

I think he meant about Franklin. Oh yeah btw The two times Gibbo played on Bud that I can remember Bud kicked seven goals on him so this talk about Gibbo owning his ass is a bit over the top! Franklin will fire this year make no mistake..too good not to.

I think he meant about Franklin. Oh yeah btw The two times Gibbo played on Bud that I can remember Bud kicked seven goals on him so this talk about Gibbo owning his ass is a bit over the top! Franklin will fire this year make no mistake..too good not to.

I think you have your rounds mixed up, Bud never kicked 7 goals on Franklin, it was the round before he kicked that bag. Gibson will towel him up... Wait and see.

Josh Gibson :
On 3 June 2007, he suffered a head injury in the bathroom at his home as he was preparing for training. After initially being ruled out of football for the remainder of the season, he was able to return to the AFL in round 21 and was able to shut out Lance Franklin who had kicked seven goals the previous round. - See more at: http://australianfootball.com/players/player/josh+gibson/14830#sthash.NE2HfUS8.dpuf

He shut him down on other occasions too, on half a leg and no match fitness he could do it.

I think you have your rounds mixed up, Bud never kicked 7 goals on Franklin, it was the round before he kicked that bag. Gibson will towel him up... Wait and see.

Josh Gibson :
On 3 June 2007, he suffered a head injury in the bathroom at his home as he was preparing for training. After initially being ruled out of football for the remainder of the season, he was able to return to the AFL in round 21 and was able to shut out Lance Franklin who had kicked seven goals the previous round. - See more at: http://australianfootball.com/players/player/josh+gibson/14830#sthash.NE2HfUS8.dpuf

He shut him down on other occasions too, on half a leg and no match fitness he could do it.
Sorry but I was saying that Bud kicked 7 in 2 games on him

STOP for a minute and consider this:

Who was the last West Australian indigenous player, with a question mark over his behavoural issues to come to Hawthorn? Wow many flags did he help our club win?

Ooh, ooh please sir I know.

The answer to the first question is Bradley Hill and the answer to the second is 1.

Am I right?

Sorry but I was saying that Bud kicked 7 in 2 games on him

I remember those games and I'm pretty sure Ferrito wore most of those, Gibson used to wear Franklin like a glove...

Here's some more quotes.:
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...e-lance-franklin/story-fni5f8ge-1226733752664

The former North Melbourne defender’s success rate against Franklin was one of the reasons the Hawks targeted him at the end of the 2009 season.

"He likes to tell people that he got me to the club after me playing on him. But I like to tell people that I used to crush him, so Hawthorn said we better get him (Gibson) so he (Franklin) can kick some goals against North. And he went and kicked 13," Gibson said.

Anyway, Isn't it great we have another indigenous boy from wa who has all the skills and plenty of upside, I'm sure it won't be long people on this board will be happier with Garlett than they would've with Franklin staying. He's on the decline 2-3 seasons tops and none of them will be as good as his best in brown and gold.

I rememb

Josh Gibson :

I remember a game at the G where Gibbo played on Buddy. He did a very good job on him and I think his performance in this game went a long way toward Clarko lining up Gibbo as a trade target

franklin could kick 10 on gibson but we will still beat them easily , he will do well up there , as for garlett he could be anything but he really needs to learn a defensive to side to his game because atm he its non existent if he can we have a serious player who can make an impact next year , if he can kick 20 goals with big boy pitching in with 10-15 along with gunston improving where not all that far off what franklin provided last year but with more flexibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Garlett has settled in does not surprise me OR fill me with happiness. The kid was overlooked in a draft and now has been given a second chance, it is expected that he knuckle down.

The boy just needs to keep working hard and all the other stuff will come together. If he plays 1, 10 or 20 games this year it doesn't matter, let's just see the talent come through.

How the club/Garlett will act when/if there is a stuff up will be interesting, and a true measure of the boy

That's right Dipper. The only thing is the questions should have been post dated next January. Right?

Oh no mate I think the answer is correct right now, next January the answer to question one will be Dayle Garlett and the answer to two will still be 1, although Bradley Hill will have helped us win 2 premierships by then which is the same amount as the previous Western Australian indigenous player with behavioural issues to come to the club before him.

Oh no mate I think the answer is correct right now, next January the answer to question one will be Dayle Garlett and the answer to two will still be 1, although Bradley Hill will have helped us win 2 premierships by then which is the same amount as the previous Western Australian indigenous player with behavioural issues to come to the club before him.

Now you're trying to confuse my old and tired brain. Let it lie, and let's see what happens.

The fact that Garlett has settled in does not surprise me OR fill me with happiness. The kid was overlooked in a draft and now has been given a second chance, it is expected that he knuckle down.

The boy just needs to keep working hard and all the other stuff will come together. If he plays 1, 10 or 20 games this year it doesn't matter, let's just see the talent come through.

How the club/Garlett will act when/if there is a stuff up will be interesting, and a true measure of the boy

Agree. Everything is wonderful pre-season when there is no real pressure. The test of his character will be when the going gets tough in the thick of the actual season so we will just have to wait and see.

Agree. Everything is wonderful pre-season when there is no real pressure. The test of his character will be when the going gets tough in the thick of the actual season so we will just have to wait and see.

Just waiting for the press to change from Bad Boy Garlett to Garlett the Great!

Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back