Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

Limited capabilities...he’s playing ruck ffs! It was about discovering his potential and realising it. Proved a lot (including me) wrong.

Yeah but what’s your point? He has limited capabilities as he’s not a supreme athlete a la Franklin, nor is he a contested beast a la Kennedy.

Yeah but what’s your point? He has limited capabilities as he’s not a supreme athlete a la Franklin, nor is he a contested beast a la Kennedy.
With a leap he has ( tested extremely well and can see it ) and has very good running capabilities

He is an athlete

Playing better Footy than half the side atm including Hanners and Aliir

With a leap he has ( tested extremely well and can see it ) and has very good running capabilities

He is an athlete

Playing better Footy than half the side atm including Hanners and Aliir

I think he’s now over-rated by some on here. He has good moments but he’s not impacting games a whole lot, nor should he be. That comes down to capability in my eyes. He can do a few great things, just not across four quarters of a game. That’s the difference between a player with extreme abilities and limited abilities. Just because he’s not a bad player does not make him a great one either.

Can Kennedy jump? Can Franklin mark above his head? What’s your point?

My point is he neither excels at being tough or athletic as those two do. He’s become quite a handy footballer, nothing more nothing less.
Is he doing his job? I would argue that he’s doing more than just that and to bring you full circle, has proven that he does not have limited capabilities!

Is he doing his job? I would argue that he’s doing more than just that and to bring you full circle, has proven that he does not have limited capabilities!

You seem to think 'limited capabilities' is some sort of inconceivable insult to a player so we'll agree to disagree.

You seem to think 'limited capabilities' is some sort of inconceivable insult to a player so we'll agree to disagree.
Incorrect, I think ‘limited capabilities’ is ‘limited capabilities’ and clearly this is not true with Towers.

I think he’s now over-rated by some on here. He has good moments but he’s not impacting games a whole lot, nor should he be. That comes down to capability in my eyes. He can do a few great things, just not across four quarters of a game. That’s the difference between a player with extreme abilities and limited abilities. Just because he’s not a bad player does not make him a great one either.

Agree with you.
He is a very limited player who has ironed out the brain explosions and poor skill errors that used to be a regular part of his game at AFL level.

Agree with you.
He is a very limited player who has ironed out the brain explosions and poor skill errors that used to be a regular part of his game at AFL level.

And also added consistency to his game to be fair. Every week we're getting the same from Towers which is what you want from every player in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And also added consistency to his game to be fair. Every week we're getting the same from Towers which is what you want from every player in the best 22.

He always had good periods during a game, he always gives 100%.

Done. Nothing more to offer

Aye. Deano is toast or consigned to the deepest depths of the list. Like Nohan, he is all athlete with few footy smarts. Suspect that at his age the coaches have lost patience and will look elsewhere.

Aye. Deano is toast or consigned to the deepest depths of the list. Like Nohan, he is all athlete with few footy smarts. Suspect that at his age the coaches have lost patience and will look elsewhere.
Towers is 28, has been on the list 6 years, is too old and no chance to improve
Rohan is 27, has been on the list 9 years, and is full of potential

Towers is 28, has been on the list 6 years, is too old and no chance to improve
Rohan is 27, has been on the list 9 years, and is full of potential

Good comparison. They are a pigeon pair in terms of athleticism and endeavour and they also share an absence of footy smarts.

Nohan should be off to Geelong for a 6th rounder or Colac for a dozen scones. After his nine years he is on the downslide from the heights of the molehill he once reached.

Towers from memory had one game back from the eye injury and failed to flatter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back