No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t work like that though does it?

West coast, port, geelong didn’t beat them by much. They all beat us.

I think it was Peter J who said in the lead up to the suns game, that we would win easily because we have an appetite for flat track wins. That’s spot on. We always demolish the truly crap sides, where others may struggle. Those teams might get better results in other games though.

Put us against a side with some semblance of talent, playing with intensity/flair/momentum/emotion then we go to water. Like last night.
We kept up against all those teams until half time didn't we? and they haven't played Geelong yet? If we get only a 5 goals lead by half time, I don't think Carlton has the talent to over run us.

Have you seen Carlton's run home.....?? Their easy run was at the start of the year when Bolton should have pinched a few more wins from those close loses.
You watch.. they’ll beat us and st Kilda... fluke another win, possibly against WC at Marvel, and then come up against geelong in the final game.. and Geelong will be 2 games ahead on the top of the ladder and will rest star players and tell those who do play just to go out for a light run and not worry about a win... like we did in our last game in 2017 when a top 1 or 2 spot was locked in.

With the way our year is going... you can see it coming from a mile off.

You watch.. they’ll beat us and st Kilda... fluke another win, possibly against WC at Marvel, and then come up against geelong in the final game.. and Geelong will be 2 games ahead on the top of the ladder and will rest star players and tell those who do play just to go out for a light run and not worry about a win... like we did in our last game in 2017 when a top 1 or 2 spot was locked in.

With the way our year is going... you can see it coming from a mile off.
West Coast will be fighting for a top 4 spot, there is bye before the finals so no need to rest players anymore (as it will mean they won't play for 2 weeks), this was why the bye was introduced and it's also Geelong's home game, players want to hit form in front of their home crowd.
If they beat us and St Kilda and given their poor percentage, they will likely at best finish 4. As I can't see them winning against West Coast, Richmond and Geelong and Femantle/Saints/Sydney/Melbourne plays each other.

West Coast will be fighting for a top 4 spot, there is bye before the finals so no need to rest players anymore (as it will mean they won't play for 2 weeks), this was why the bye was introduced and it's also Geelong's home game, players want to hit form in front of their home crowd.
If they beat us and St Kilda and given their poor percentage, they will likely at best finish 4. As I can't see them winning against West Coast, Richmond and Geelong and Femantle/Saints/Sydney/Melbourne plays each other.
I hope you’re right and I’m wrong... I really do.

We kept up against all those teams until half time didn't we? and they haven't played Geelong yet? If we get only a 5 goals lead by half time, I don't think Carlton has the talent to over run us.
I was talking about the suns.

You were using Carlton’s margin against them vs ours as a measure of quality. Better teams than us haven’t necessarily flogged the suns.

And yeah, if we’re only 5 goals up in the second half and they kick a couple in a row I think we get done.

It’s not a stretch by any means. We only beat them by 2 goals at the G in 2017. We were minor premiers, they finished 16th.

I was talking about the suns.

You were using Carlton’s margin against them vs ours as a measure of quality. Better teams than us haven’t necessarily flogged the suns.

And yeah, if we’re only 5 goals up in the second half and they kick a couple in a row I think we get done.

It’s not a stretch by any means. We only beat them by 2 goals at the G in 2017. We were minor premiers, they finished 16th.
GC were a lot more competitive then....

Doesn’t work like that though does it?

West coast, port, geelong didn’t beat them by much. They all beat us.

I think it was Peter J who said in the lead up to the suns game, that we would win easily because we have an appetite for flat track wins. That’s spot on. We always demolish the truly crap sides, where others may struggle. Those teams might get better results in other games though.

Put us against a side with some semblance of talent, playing with intensity/flair/momentum/emotion then we go to water. Like last night.
But that is not carlton..they beat a woeful sydney team, a dreadful gc team and an injury ravaged freo team that are falling apart at the seams. The brisbane win is the only really impressive one of their wins. As you say we are flat track bullies..that is why we beat carltonas they ain't that good

But that is not carlton..they beat a woeful sydney team, a dreadful gc team and an injury ravaged freo team that are falling apart at the seams. The brisbane win is the only really impressive one of their wins. As you say we are flat track bullies..that is why we beat carltonas they ain't that good
Neither are we

This thread has gone a bit quiet of late haha.

At the start of the year I had them for 6 wins but perhaps that was unders. If Teague had coached all year they would be in the 8-12 range with us. Thank goodness they kept Bolton for so long.

This thread has gone a bit quiet of late haha.

At the start of the year I had them for 6 wins but perhaps that was unders. If Teague had coached all year they would be in the 8-12 range with us. Thank goodness they kept Bolton for so long.
Wasn’t long enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathriding-a-bit-dead-jpg.621248

Ok, to take stock of the rest of this round, would like to see:
* Roos get over Bris
* Swans over Freo (either result isn't bad)
* Hawks over traditional rival Cats would be helpful
* Dees over WC would be nice but may be a miracle
* Saints over WB - could they bouce a dead cat?
We absolutely want a swans win to keep them 2 wins clear of Carlton taking them out of the pick swap equation on finishing places.
Melbourne are every chance up in Alice to get a win - they play well enough there

We absolutely want a swans win to keep them 2 wins clear of Carlton taking them out of the pick swap equation on finishing places.
Melbourne are every chance up in Alice to get a win - they play well enough there
Freo could also be vulnerable - their remaining draw is:

WB (loss?), Cats (loss!), Saints (???), Ess (loss?), Port (loss?).

If Freo win, that solidifies the wall against bLoos getting further up should they get a run on.

Draw doesn't come into play, unless Carlton can make up 10% percentage and given their remaining 5 games, I doubt it.
dead right - Carlton's next 3 games are us, WCE and then Richmond. They ain't winning any of those. They then have St Kilda and that is a big unknown now that they too have changed coach. They then have a lovely trip to Geelong to finish - a graveyard and % wrecker for them I would think

dead right - Carlton's next 3 games are us, WCE and then Richmond. They ain't winning any of those. They then have St Kilda and that is a big unknown now that they too have changed coach. They then have a lovely trip to Geelong to finish - a graveyard and % wrecker for them I would think
They would be about evens against us the way we are playing and the game at MCG.

They are every chance to beat us next week

They would be about evens against us the way we are playing and the game at MCG.
With the double carrot of staying in the top 8 and going some way to making our r1 draft pick better, you would think our coaching group and selectors will pull out all stops to pick the strongest team they can, which would be really illuminating.

How weird is it that by beating up a team as much as possible we actually help to make our r1 draft pick better? Usually you have to try to lose to achieve that.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

Back