Opinion Dees to Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

If they're not going to turn up then some trips to Marvel should make their fans not take the MCG for granted anymore.

Unfortunately the whole mcc contract thing keeps them there forever ?
Which is frustrating for many other clubs. Maybe we are better off becoming dee supporters to get a great seat every week ?

I think the AFL should give the Dees two home games at Marvel going forward, and give the Blues and Bombers an additional home game at the MCG each, in return.

The AFL clearly needs a right-stadium-for-right-fixture policy.

That said Melbourne home games at Marvel would be a disaster - when the Dees did have Marvel home games, those games drew 12,000 to 15,000.

Melbourne just need day games - the last two home games would have drawn 22,000 to 25,000 in a Saturday or Sunday afternoon slot.

That in itself is excellent for 7th biggest team in Victoria playing a dead rubber - with a coach wasting Melbourne’s most talented list in 50 years.

Your home game is your home game. You should always play at home and their should be no selling of games, gather rounds or any other meddling with the fixture. The integrity of the game should be the number one priority (ha ha yeah I know) and selling of games, being moved from your home ground etc impacts the outcome of the season.

The AFL is so compromised on so many levels that its becoming a ponzi scheme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the trolling gulls circle in pencil their winter games against travelling interstate, and then bring out the felt tip when finals slip away. The gulls remember your past and ruthlessly expose low turnouts. Maybe some saboteur attendants plant chips all around the G too ala Easter eggs.

I chose not to go as soon as I found out the dees were interested in throwing our future away for Dan Houston. I'm not going to support a club that isn't acting in its best interests.

Olympic Park would be a better fit. Could send some tea, scones and cheese boards over from the botanical gardens and sell extra seats to the plebs above the Burnley tunnel exhaust vents

To be fair, I wouldn't want to pay to watch Simon Goodwin terrorism ball either.

Too many teams in one city is the issue now. Even more so as you can’t have all the Victorian teams all peaking at the same time.

Not to mention the preponderance of other events and hobbies that the AFL is up against for people to spend their money on.

Just build a boutique stadium at Mt Buller.

Problem solved.

They still wouldn't turn up.

I swear I saw more seagulls than people.

Maybe they can borrow the tarps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dees to Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back