Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it's worth going balls out to get a second first rounder. Given Mitch Brown signing on, the obvious question is: how?

Short of Ash Smith, what have we got that is worth something that we can trade, that also doesn't hurt us?

This coupled with the "Yarran's agent wants him to come to WA" deal.

It is possible, it just depends how much we want to give up to make it happen.

I wonder if it's worth going balls out to get a second first rounder. Given Mitch Brown signing on, the obvious question is: how?

Some sort of package for pick 10 (or whatever it is) from GWS

Priddis + 2nd rounder?! :p

We'd probably need to throw in another player there to make it happen...

It is possible, it just depends how much we want to give up to make it happen.

Agreed, would like Yarran but only if the price is right. NO WAY would I want to give up a first-rounder. Unless maybe it's our first for Yarran AND their first.. but even then. It's a good draft to have our picks in tact.

Yarran is under contract until end of next year so Carlton has all the leverage ! Just like Mitch brown last year if they don't get what they want then they can just keep him . I say we don't offer anything more than 2nd rounder and smith if not too bad !

Would rather we make no move at all for Yarren and re-asses next year when he should be cheaper.

I agree and think we wait till next year. Using our first round pick on a Midfielder is more of a need at the moment and since we will no doubt get a good pick this year we NEED to use it. I want Yarran but not at the price of a first round pick.

Would rather we make no move at all for Yarren and re-asses next year when he should be cheaper.

I agree and think we wait till next year. Using our first round pick on a Midfielder is more of a need at the moment and since we will no doubt get a good pick this year we NEED to use it. I want Yarran but not at the price of a first round pick.

Agree with this. We definitely don't need Yarran badly enough to pay over the odds to get Carlton to part with a contracted player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd never happen, but I wouldn't be against trading Scott selwood to get a first rounder.

would have to be a very good pick (a pick we know we'd be getting a sure thing). I mean he is a good player, a handy cog in the midfield and it is unlikely you'll get similar value for pick 15, which could end up being a dud.

Would be against it to be honest.

They way I see it we have too many players on our list that are no where near good enough to lift us into premiership mode, and to many older players we are carrying. Some tough calls need to be made if we want to start to climb back up the ladder.
Delist/trade:
Dick
Nicoski
Selwood(A)
Embley
Butler
Newman

Trade bait
Rosa
Gaff
Shuey
Smith

Target
Yarren
Thomas
Possibly Bellchambers if Cox retires.

They way I see it we have too many players on our list that are no where near good enough to lift us into premiership mode, and to many older players we are carrying. Some tough calls need to be made if we want to start to climb back up the ladder.
Delist/trade:
Dick
Nicoski
Selwood(A)
Embley
Butler
Newman

Trade bait
Rosa
Gaff
Shuey
Smith

Target
Yarren
Thomas

I wouldn't trade these two, unless we get something pretty darn good in return (e.g. Bennell, Matera, Colignio et al).

Agree with most of the remainder of the points, though would throw at least Hams and Paddy Mac in the trade/delist category too.

Delist/trade:
Dick
Nicoski
Selwood(A)
Embley
Butler
Newman

Trade bait
Rosa
Gaff
Shuey
Smith

Target
Yarren
Thomas

o_O

His form will improve next year as he'll be finding some form as a forward, if it doesn't then he has a application, attitude and work rate problem.

Delist/trade:
Dick
Nicoski
Selwood(A)
Embley
Butler
Newman

Trade bait
Rosa
Gaff
Shuey
Smith

Target
Yarren
Thomas

you-crazy.jpg

Retire/delist or go elsewhere if they want to.
Nickoski
Embley
Butler
A. Selwood
Mcginnity
Hams
Morton

For trade if right one is available
Priddis
Waters
S.Selwood
Smith