Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic post mate, summed it up brilliantly

It's death by 1000 cuts stuff, no wonder some of us are shirty

Some comments have been way over the top though - its not the end of the world

Gold jacket green jacket, who gives a shit.

It's not a big thing but when it happens consistently other clubs will know they don't have to blink because we most likely will.

Trade period next year will be different again. Simpson needs a year to assess the list, it appears we have gone a middle of the road approach this year

Trade period next year will be different again. Simpson needs a year to assess the list, it appears we have gone a middle of the road approach this year

Yeah it would have been hard for him to step in, and a few days later the trade period starts. Granted it has gone on for 17 weeks but he still had limited time to look through the list and try and decide the best way to approach the trade period. I guess he left it up to crazy vozzo, who at the end of it all hasn't done that bad a job, although most on here were willing to stone him to death/build a statue of him over a few pick upgrades or downgrades.

I would have thought that is what we would do. I can only think we didn't do that as we wanted to bundle 43 and 49. However, it doesn't seem like we're doing that.

Yeh a bit strange, seems like we may have crashed and burned on a late gamble?

We'll have to delist an extra player to use it now...

I think a pick upgrade would have been done as a three way trade, no reason why it wouldn't have been done that way.

So I guess the only question is if we use 3 or 4 picks. Use four and we delist Wilson, Morton and re-rookie Newman.

I hope we keep Wilson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a pick upgrade would have been done as a three way trade, no reason why it wouldn't have been done that way.

So I guess the only question is if we use 3 or 4 picks. Use four and we delist Wilson, Morton and re-rookie Newman.
Why delist Wilson? I thought he showed a lot of promise when he was given a run.

Can't understand the trade with gold coast for 43 giving up our compo pick for 2014. No logic

images

Willing to give Vozzo the benefit of the doubt until now...wtf is he doing?!?!

Why would we trade for another pick in this draft, meaning we need to turn over ANOTHER player when we have a brand new senior coach coming in?!?

Totally miffed... o_O

So all in all I reckon we did ok. As far as the trade period itself is concerned, at first I thought it was too long, but the positive for us as supporters and the AFL is we have all been interested in footy a month after the GF finished, during a time where usually there is nothing, no footy, no cicket, just bloody V8 supercars. So I think the AFL would be pretty happy with that. Add in the fixture release next week and the draft a few weeks later, it keeps footy in the news up until cricket starts, which will most likely suck, as we will get smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back