Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that is what we would do. I can only think we didn't do that as we wanted to bundle 43 and 49. However, it doesn't seem like we're doing that.

Maybe we'll be going for some mature talent in the state leagues - Dayle Garlett, or VFL type players (now that we have a more pronounced vic link with Rawlings and Simpson)?

Agree. Even as a mature age rookie selection. There's some talent around in the state leagues. A project ruckman to develop for the period post Dean Cox would be nice to

Starting to warm more to Acres at pick 11 if he is available or Sheed just to prove Terry Wallace is a dead set spanner head again.

Would love one of Cripps, Jansen or Tsitas with a second round pick

Jansen would be a reach at our 2nd imo. should be there in the 40s. Would even shock me if cripps was also.

I hope we take robertson.

Agree. Even as a mature age rookie selection. There's some talent around in the state leagues. A project ruckman to develop for the period post Dean Cox would be nice to

Starting to warm more to Acres at pick 11 if he is available or Sheed just to prove Terry Wallace is a dead set spanner head again.

Don't we already have two promising ruckmen in Lycett and Sinclair to groom to take over when Cox leaves ?

Another tall defender as a project player is important to us. The bottom of our list is not AFL worthy so why not go fishing and see what is left in the draft.

I know we've been sniffing around a youngster in particular (as a rookie pick), but at 191cm he's not a KPD. Needs to bulk up too.

Looks like Morton's gone.
And I really hope we don't get rid of Wilson!

Could Dalziell get the chop? Would be very unlucky considering the year he had but its not entirely out of the question as we saw his best this year and its hardly irreplaceable. Especially considering the acquisitions of Yeo and Ellis.

We did offer him a 1 year contract and he wanted 2....would be bad if we said " nah we do not want you now" He would be a perfect candidate to delist next year.

Options are:

Delist and re-rookie Newman ( use the first pick in the rookie draft) He has to much talent to get rid of completely.

Delist Wilson - He has some talents but not 100% convinced he will be a good AFL player..reminds me of Lewis Stevenson who had all the tools but was not able to make it

Delist Morton - Showed some promise in the Sydney game but if the only position he is going to play is as a player collecting cheap possessions in the backline then i think its time to let him go.

Bit harsh on Wallace. He really rates Sheed which is why he thinks Sheed will be gone long before our pick. What I don't like is that he sometimes offers opinions on things he isn't qualified to give which is annoying and misleading.

I'd prefer Acres as well since I think he has a lot more tools and higher potential than Sheed. Wouldn't be unhappy with Sheed though.

Yeah give us 4 draft picks. Clear out the cloggers and back in our development team.

Oh yeah, forgot about Wilson. He might be under the pump, you're right.

Hope its not Wilson ,I thought from his limited opportunity played Ok , Dalzeil at 28 wont get any better but as you said is good for depth only

Morton wafl player at best delist
Wilson has a good kick and mark but not tall enough for KPD and not fast/agile enough for medium defender delist .
Newman to rookie list think that's fair for all parties
Use all our picks to 49 , with 43 and 49 on players with potential that won't make it to rookie draft ! Jansen Riley knight and Tom Shanahan pls
Would love to get ugle , Marlon pickett , nankervis for rookies !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we've been sniffing around a youngster in particular (as a rookie pick), but at 191cm he's not a KPD. Needs to bulk up too.

He's measured 193cm at the state combine. If true that makes him a genuine third tall. I Rate him higher than Barras and Allir. So lets hope you're on the money and nobody else pounces before we do.

He's measured 193cm at the state combine. If true that makes him a genuine third tall. I Rate him higher than Barras and Allir. So lets hope you're on the money and nobody else pounces before we do.

Interesting. There has been other interest, but none as strong as West Coast. I'd love him playing for us - he's a supporter. But really any opportunity will be great.

We've basically moved on 5 blokes who's bodies had nothing more to give plus Hams who I think wasn't keen on playing for East Perth.

Upgrading Tunbridge and Bennell was premature as it robbed us of a bit of flexibility with our list management (particularly as the decision was made before Simpson's appointment) because we currently only have one list spot available after the acquisition of Xellis and Yeo.

Means we are going to have to delist at least two and possibly three players if we are to use any of 31,43 or 49. The fact that we traded next years 3rd rounder to Gold Coast means that we obviously want to use 43.

Next year Glass and Cox will be considering retirement and a heap of others will be trying to prove they deserve a new contract
Yeah I agree the upgrade was somewhat premature with Bennell and Turnbridge, bit of a knee jerk reaction to the retirements somewhat i guess. You would think Smith, Brennan, McGinnity and these types will be playing for there futures this year otherwise they will become trade options, delistings etc. I think the added pressure of a just a new coach in general will force some of the fringe players to step it up a notch.

Morton wafl player at best delist
Wilson has a good kick and mark but not tall enough for KPD and not fast/agile enough for medium defender delist .
Newman to rookie list think that's fair for all parties
Use all our picks to 49 , with 43 and 49 on players with potential that won't make it to rookie draft ! Jansen Riley knight and Tom Shanahan pls
Would love to get ugle , Marlon pickett , nankervis for rookies !

I think you're being a bit harsh on the WAFL there by tying Morton to them.

He could play D-Grade amateurs and still go missing for half the season.

Don't we already have two promising ruckmen in Lycett and Sinclair to groom to take over when Cox leaves ?

We do have Lycett and Sinclair yes. Lycett is a potential go home factor but and will have reasonable contracts from the Crows and Power waiting for him to consider whenever he comes out of contract.

Not sure if Sinclair is what we desire as a ruckman. Not doubting his physcal presence and attack but pure rucking wise I don't think he'll ever be a huge threat

If someone like Scott Jones or Darcy Cameron weren't selected in the regular draft they'd be prime candidates

I think we'll take our first three picks. Not 49. Which means delist two players correct? Newman and probably Morton. Really hope McInnes is signed up.

11: Acres
31: Robertson
43: Garlett/Jansen

Go team.

Lycett is a potential go home factor but and will have reasonable contracts from the Crows and Power waiting for him to consider whenever he comes out of contract.

Lycett was taken at the 2010 Draft - and has been on our list for three years... 2011-12-13.

Most rookie contracts are 2-3 years, meaning he's already re-upped his contract in order to still be on our list for 2014.

You'd think he'd realise that the second ruck spot is his once Cox goes, and that Sinclair is more of a contingency.

TLDR version - if he was going to go home you'd think he would have done so already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back