Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should throw some cash at Mundy, wouldn't mind him over here. Wouldn't say no to Harry O'Brien either.

With Boyd, Scharenberg, Aish and McDonald (and Billings, Kelly to a lesser extent) being the standout players, the draft is looking very even from pick 6 to 15. If we simply take Sheed at 6, we'd have failed to make full use of a strong pick. Would love to somehow trade picks 6 and 24 for two picks in the early teens. Perhaps a player like Rosa could be floated around to achieve this end.

Take two of Acres, Sheed, Kolodjashnij, Bomtempelli, Freeman, Lennon or Crouch (in that order). Big fan of Kolodjanashisisnsnajsg, great athlete and a smart footballer. Versatile enough to play anywhere between the arcs, and could be groomed as a midfielder with his build (191cm and 80kg), great skills and pace. Reminds of a fellow Tassie HBF, but with more midfield potential.

I do understand that we need pure midfielders, but in all honesty, the only ones that will be available at 6 are Sheed and Crouch. Both would be reaches imo.

Take two of Acres, Sheed, Kolodjashnij, Bomtempelli, Freeman, Lennon or Crouch (in that order). Big fan of Kolodjanashisisnsnajsg, great athlete and a smart footballer. Versatile enough to play anywhere between the arcs, and could be groomed as a midfielder with his build (191cm and 80kg), great skills and pace. Reminds of a fellow Tassie HBF, but with more midfield potential.

I do understand that we need pure midfielders, but in all honesty, the only ones that will be available at 6 are Sheed and Crouch. Both would be reaches imo.
I guess it comes down to whether we think Yeo is better than any of the players likely to slide. Like i mentioned in an earlier post - if Yeo was a draftee, we'd probably rate him higher, if not as high, as a lot of the players discussed as likely 2nd round picks. We always rate players higher before they've played an AFL game.

If we want Yeo, I can't see us having a second round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The foot skills of the rest of the team make him untouchable. We can't afford to get rid of any of our elite ball users.
Yeh. Really hope he can play 25 matches next year. Going to be VERY interesting to see if Simmo changes his role slightly. Maybe he'll work on his tank over the summer.

HURN ON THE WING. 70M GOALS EVERY 5 MINUTES.

Play Hurn in the centre , started his career there at Peel !

WCE need a better midfield group for sure , Hurn could help there gives us a weapon in the midfield . Probably too injury prone and not the endurance now but .

The foot skills of the rest of the team make him untouchable. We can't afford to get rid of any of our elite ball users.
It is true that Hurn has the best footskills at the club, but despite this, he fails to impact the game to extent that makes him untouchable. Despite having all the tools to do so, he has yet to take that next step into an elite HBF. He doesn't get enough of the ball, and unlike say Birchall, he doesn't consistently get the ball in dangerous positions, where his skills can be devastating. Nor does he provide enough run and carry. Perhaps this is down to coaching, and maybe with Simpson at the helm, we will see better use of our HBF, similar to at Hawthorn. But if we could trade Hurn for a midfielder with a decent fraction of Hurn's footskills, I'd bite.

It is true that Hurn has the best footskills at the club, but despite this, he fails to impact the game to extent that makes him untouchable. Despite having all the tools to do so, he has yet to take that next step into an elite HBF. He doesn't get enough of the ball, and unlike say Birchall, he doesn't consistently get the ball in dangerous positions, where his skills can be devastating. Nor does he provide enough run and carry. Perhaps this is down to coaching, and maybe with Simpson at the helm, we will see better use of our HBF, similar to at Hawthorn. But if we could trade Hurn for a midfielder with a decent fraction of Hurn's footskills, I'd bite.

I think you underestimate how much of an impact Hurn has on our team. Don't confuse possessions with impact.

I think you underestimate how much of an impact Hurn has on our team. Don't confuse possessions with impact.
Trust me, I don't, I'm one of Priddis' biggest haters after all. But I do believe that the positions, and the context in which possessions are gathered is of great importance. This is my criticism of Hurn, and I don't believe we have made satisfactory use of his freakish skills. But like I mentioned earlier, coaching might be at fault here. 15 Hurn possessions, in the right context, could result in 2 goals and 6 goal assists, but currently, his impact is not of the level it could be.

I am however excited to see what Simpson can do with our HB brigade. If Simpson could instill the positional sense, and game-reading ability of Birchall (my favourite player) in Hurn, then we will have a serious weapon on our hands. I suspect he will have to trim down slightly, particularly in the legs, build his endurance base and improve his consistency and defensive work. Still a lot of work to be done. If by the end of the year there has been no improvement, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him traded for a young skillful midfielder.

I would never trade Hurn, is pure quality. think he could of been used better this year, but remember he has been injuried for most of this year, his a weapon, never trade weapons- there's no one out there who rate Hurn as highly as we do so trading him would give us unders regardless.

bet ya no one would give up a top 10 selection for him and his worth that.

I think the players that have the biggest impact on our team/are our most valuable are probably...

- Naitanui
- Hurn
- Kennedy
- Mackenzie
- Cox
- Glass

The problem I see here is that none of them are midfielders. That is a massive concern.
Agree with your list except the order.
I would have
1.Nic Nat
2. Kennedy
3.McKenzie
4. Hurn
5. Cox/Glass

Dunno if this has been posted but:
West Coast is "working furiously" to reach a deal with the Brisbane Lions for Elliot Yeo, according to football manager Craig Vozzo.

However, the Eagles are yet to increase their offer of pick No.40, despite Fremantle being prepared to part with pick No.33.

Vozzo told AFL.com.au the Eagles remained very confident a deal would be struck, with Yeo nominating them as his preferred club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-13/trade-wrap-sunday

EDIT: also
Sam Docherty looks set to join Carlton, with all parties hopeful a resolution can be reached early this week.

Carlton has picks 28 and 29 (after securing pick number 28 in exchange or Shaun Hampson to Richmond) and the sticking point seems to be which pick the Blues will hand over to secure the talented Docherty, who was pick number 12 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.
...because Kerr totally isn't a tosser, refusing to trade for pick 29, but willing for 28.

I would never trade Hurn, is pure quality. think he could of been used better this year, but remember he has been injuried for most of this year, his a weapon, never trade weapons- there's no one out there who rate Hurn as highly as we do so trading him would give us unders regardless.

bet ya no one would give up a top 10 selection for him and his worth that.
I'd imagine plenty of team would rate Hurn very highly, and would be more than willing to give up a top 10 pick for him. Given his immense talent, we haven't optimized his performance, for one reason or another. Another team might back themselves to get the absolute best out of him. If for example, he had been at the Hawks, Cats or Swans the past few years (all use their HBF's to incredible effect), he'd have a few All-Australians under his belt by now (injuries permitting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back