Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hours and still nothing official? Seems strange. Is it even a done deal? Probably will still be waiting until the Friday deadline

Boda... Small technical point but at least 3,452,367 people on BF have explained to you the difference between lose and loose over your long journey here ....

If you won't learn about footy at least pick up some rudimentary spelling tips :p

I'm surprised you didn't lose track of the amount of times people have pointed that out too me! It's spell check honest!! ;)

just out of interest, as of now, how many spots do we still have to fill up our list?

I'm assuming four, because we are still looking to lock in Yeo and there is a lot of talk about Everett, and we would want at least two picks in the draft which would be our pick 11, and either ~28 or ~31...

find myself losing track of this trade period very easily.

just out of interest, as of now, how many spots do we still have to fill up our list?

I'm assuming four, because we are still looking to lock in Yeo and there is a lot of talk about Everett, and we would want at least two picks in the draft which would be our pick 11, and either ~28 or ~31...

With our retirements we have a full list + room for 2 picks in the draft. If we get Yeo we will need to trade/delist someone to make list space.

Morton, Wilson and someone else is still out of contract from memory, and we could also delist and then rookie Newman as well.

With our retirements we have a full list + room for 2 picks in the draft. If we get Yeo we will need to trade/delist someone to make list space.

Morton, Wilson and someone else is still out of contract from memory, and we could also delist and then rookie Newman as well.

Dalziel is the other out of contract. Been reported he was offered a one year deal but wants 2.

**** that is starting to get very tight, particularly with such strong talk of us signing everitt. signing everitt seems to be very superflous.

all the players we have been linked too - ellis, yeo, everitt, bootsma - reeks too much of the 2000 trade period when we traded in collica, harding, prior, merenda, sierakowski and taylor.

yeo is the only one i hold any sort of decent hopes for.

Please no to Everitt and Bootsma.

Can we please stop collecting other clubs castoffs, this is just getting ridiculous. It hasn't worked once in he last 5 years, not once.

agree 100% - yeo has potential no doubt, ellis could be and it's pretty clear this is a one year deal that has to work straight up... but everitt and bootsma, particularly the latter. just so average.

Is it possible the article from the Age is something that Brisbane's leaked to try and get this deal done for 28 but the Eagles are holding firm (for a change) on 31 and thats why nothings been mentioned of afl.com.au etc ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please no to Everitt and Bootsma.

Can we please stop collecting other clubs castoffs, this is just getting ridiculous. It hasn't worked once in he last 5 years, not once.

Josh Hill?

Is it possible the article from the Age is something that Brisbane's leaked to try and get this deal done for 28 but the Eagles are holding firm (for a change) on 31 and thats why nothings been mentioned of afl.com.au etc ?

Possible

Apparently Brisbane are waiting to do all the trades simultaneously. So won't see until Friday is my guess. Hold up is with Port and St Kilda with Polec and Longer
Source: AFL Trade Update video

Wow. Most of his highlights are him taking possession, bursting away from opponents half his size and coolly hitting a target.

Worth a late draft pick even (49)?

Yeah he looks really good. A touch of the Josh Hunt about him. 95kg too.

I like the look of him.

Josh Hill?
Hmmm I would have said yes pre-2013, but he went backwards this year. If he does end up making it, that will be one out of how many tries?

We have been impressively shithouse both at the draft and trade table post 06, which defies logic. The club is the most profitable in the league, yet whether it be coaching staff, player development, fitness/conditioning, injury management, drafting or trading we have been mediocre to poor.

Heck we can't even get the jumper situation right FFS.

Given all of these factors and how poorly we seem to have managed this off season so far, I am starting to wonder if our issues are at management level...

Hmmm I would have said yes pre-2013, but he went backwards this year. If he does end up making it, that will be one out of how many tries?

Of taking other team's cast-offs? JON and Dick (both were rookie draftees), plus Bennell (another RD pick) and Morton who are both still on our list. That's all I can think of for the past five years.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/brenden-abbott

This is one of the more less talked about players in the draft pool. Massive kid from Albany with a huge boot on him. Only played in Perth for the first part of the season. My guess is he's a rookie prospect but he was highly ranked and stood out early in the season.
Looks very nice.

Big bodied, quick, nice boot, but most impressively collects the ball cleanly and from the video times his run at it so he hits the ball with pace.

Oh well, just a highlights package.

list of eagles players who went backwards in 2013:

schofield
gaff
shuey
hurn
lecras
darling
scooter
cox
waters
butler
smith
brennan
sheppherd
embley
mcginnity

etc
etc

not trying to be a smart alec, but whatever went wrong for the team last year made a lot of our players look ordinary. for me, that's what makes it very hard to guage where our list is at and where our list management should go.

besides that, i'm probably one of hill's bigger fans on here as i think he adds a neat dimension when we're properly up and about. he's not perfect but he's twice the player he was when he left the dogs and better than many around here would have us believe.

Of taking other team's cast-offs? JON and Dick (both were rookie draftees), plus Bennell (another RD pick) and Morton who are both still on our list. That's all I can think of for the past five years.
5-6.

Bedford, Dalziell, JON, Hill, Dick, Morton, Bennell and arguably Cripps.

Most of those were wasted rookie picks, with Cripps, Dalziell and Hill being the only substantive trades.

Any other team bar maybe Melbourne and Dalziell would have been de-listed. As it is he offers very little. Hill did look like an ok decision, but went backwards in 2013 and is a stopgap long term.

Cripps I was keen on in theory, but this year made me think he may not add much if he makes it.

People say, we it's just the rookie draft or a few picks, but cumulatively with our other dudded picks it really adds up. Likewise, this is not how a successful club should operate. Clubs like Freo or Collingwood have gotten great utility from the rookie draft, or later picks respectively.

Adding Everitt and Bootsma to this list, just seems like insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back