Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmm I would have said yes pre-2013, but he went backwards this year. If he does end up making it, that will be one out of how many tries?

We have been impressively shithouse both at the draft and trade table post 06, which defies logic. The club is the most profitable in the league, yet whether it be coaching staff, player development, fitness/conditioning, injury management, drafting or trading we have been mediocre to poor.

Heck we can't even get the jumper situation right FFS.

Given all of these factors and how poorly we seem to have managed this off season so far, I am starting to wonder if our issues are at management level...

Disagree. 2008 was a good draft (great if we'd taken sloane/redden/walters over smith and jones), 2009 poor, 2010 great (Gaff/Darling/Lycett), 2011 average-poor, 2012 average. Our trading has been pathetic in recent times with teams continuously getting the better of us (Ebert trade, Wellingham trade specifically, didn't do much better with Lynch, Cripps, Stevens trades) either by screwing to pay overs to get players who want to come to us or making us accept crap compensation to ensure that players go to the clubs they want to.

Very interesting.

tumblr_inline_mop6fcXF8W1qz4rgp.gif

list of eagles players who went backwards in 2013:

schofield
gaff
shuey
hurn
lecras
darling
scooter
cox
waters
butler
smith
brennan
sheppherd
embley
mcginnity

etc
etc

not trying to be a smart alec, but whatever went wrong for the team last year made a lot of our players look ordinary. for me, that's what makes it very hard to guage where our list is at and where our list management should go.

besides that, i'm probably one of hill's bigger fans on here as i think he adds a neat dimension when we're properly up and about. he's not perfect but he's twice the player he was when he left the dogs and better than many around here would have us believe.

Everyone looked a step slower in preseason. The year before we were there for the tackle, last preseason we were a step or two to late. Didn't see many games last year, but that was a similar issue in the ones I saw. That and missing Hurn (or at least Butler) getting the ball out of defence.

St Kilda, Carlton and West Coast are unlikely to budge on their respective offers for Longer, Docherty and Yeo while Port Adelaide tries to beat Adelaide in securing a suitable deal for Polec.
Sounds like pick 31 to me if we are unlikely to budge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we trade pick 31 for Yeo, I want a statue of Vozzo, erected, erected in front of the new stadium.

If we trade pick 28 for Yeo, I want Vozzo sacked and charged with treason.

Some would say I'm being petty. I would tell those people that we need to sack the coach preemptively.

Disagree. 2008 was a good draft (great if we'd taken sloane/redden/walters over smith and jones), 2009 poor, 2010 great (Gaff/Darling/Lycett), 2011 average-poor, 2012 average. Our trading has been pathetic in recent times with teams continuously getting the better of us (Ebert trade, Wellingham trade specifically, didn't do much better with Lynch, Cripps, Stevens trades) either by screwing to pay overs to get players who want to come to us or making us accept crap compensation to ensure that players go to the clubs they want to.
I disagree.

The good picks we have managed have been very good however:

2007: Ebert 13, Tony Notte 20*
2008: Swift 20*, Smith 36
2009: Sheppard 7, Weedon 22*, Stevens 23
2010: -
2011: Newman 23, McInnes 28
2012: Colledge 45?

We have mostly wasted our rookie picks over that period, so for a club that doesn't do well in the RD and doesn't go deep into the ND, our drafting and trading history over this period, given the resources available is pretty concerning.

list of eagles players who went backwards in 2013:

schofield
gaff
shuey
hurn
lecras
darling
scooter
cox
waters
butler
smith
brennan
sheppherd
embley
mcginnity

etc
etc

not trying to be a smart alec, but whatever went wrong for the team last year made a lot of our players look ordinary. for me, that's what makes it very hard to guage where our list is at and where our list management should go.

besides that, i'm probably one of hill's bigger fans on here as i think he adds a neat dimension when we're properly up and about. he's not perfect but he's twice the player he was when he left the dogs and better than many around here would have us believe.

Disagree with alot of this:

- Hurn was leading the league in effective kicks yet again before he went down injured IIRC.
- Shuey was let down by injury.
- Scooter i will pay as his kicking and handballing was worse than in 2102.
- Gaff got the hard tag and more attention as we were low on mids.
- Lecras name on this list take particular issue with. If you weren't happy with his output after a knee reco you are crazy. He showed plenty!!!
- The rest i'd pay, with the exception of Darling who still kicked alot of goals and applied plenty of forward pressure.

Easy to say Darling went backwards but lets remember he was the #1 option up forward the year before due to JK's injuries. For a 2nd year player he done extremely well and this year took the back seat to JK who had an awesome year except for the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back