List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first two draft picks are worth spending on Kelly, the draft is of little importance to us this year and I wouldn’t be risking missing out on Kelly for two lottery picks in the draft.
I would not give up any future picks though.
Geelong want a better pick and the club will try to deliver on that but I reckon the deal will get done one way or another.
Why not? 20 & 22 look to be much better picks than 18 next year given the depth of the draft. Would much rather keep them to use and trade out of next years draft. Plus we're not drafting for this upcoming year, we're drafting for 4/5 years down the track when we potentially have to replace guys like Shuey, Jetta etc etc. We need to draft some higher quality midfielders at some point as the cupboard is pretty bare when you look at who's playing in the WAFL for us.

Would you do 22+Petruccelli, only if he was willing/wanted to go though?
That is probably the best trade suggestion I have heard. Though I would loathe to trade any of our players, unless of course they want to go. Obviously built a great camaraderie at the club, an absolute pleasure to be a supporter, doesn't get any better than where we are at now. Lap it up boys/girls.

No matter what Geelong will still prefer Freo's pick 11 to our picks 20 & 22, so to them pick 11 > 20 + 22.
I think that they'll prefer our future 1st + pick 20 in the hope we'll fall off face of the Earth next season.

To be honest I think Geelong would accept 11 from Freo but if it were WCE offering pick 11 they'd ask for more.

Last edited:

Why not? 20 & 22 look to be much better picks than 18 next year given the depth of the draft. Would much rather keep them to use and trade out of next years draft. Plus we're not drafting for this upcoming year, we're drafting for 4/5 years down the track when we potentially have to replace guys like Shuey, Jetta etc etc. We need to draft some higher quality midfielders at some point as the cupboard is pretty bare when you look at who's playing in the WAFL for us.

Because the draft this year is just as much a lottery pick as it will be next year and any other year. They can say it’s a strong draft until the cows come home but they don’t really know. Very low odds you can pick up a very good footballer at those picks. Possible though.

Sure but 15 out of our 22 in the premiership side were drafted by us, so at some point you have to suck it up and draft some players. Can't rely on trades to build your whole team.

Yes of course you do, and you do it when you are sliding not when you are in your window. You trade now to keep your window wide open for as long as possible and I genuinely think that is how the club is looking at it.

Tristan Xerri, apparently Nrof fans rate him but all I know about him is he's the first player whose name begins with X in years.
Will never pass up an opportunity to post this video.

Yes of course you do, and you do it when you are sliding not when you are in your window. You trade now to keep your window wide open for as long as possible and I genuinely think that is how the club is looking at it.
I disagree, I think you always have to keep one eye on the future which is what we're doing now, otherwise the Kelly trade would have already been done for our two early 20's picks imo. I suspect we've got our eye on a player who we think will be there around one of those picks and want to keep at least one to get him.

I disagree, I think you always have to keep one eye on the future which is what we're doing now, otherwise the Kelly trade would have already been done for our two early 20's picks imo. I suspect we've got our eye on a player who we think will be there around one of those picks and want to keep at least one to get him.

You may be right, time will take care of it.

Because the draft this year is just as much a lottery pick as it will be next year and any other year. They can say it’s a strong draft until the cows come home but they don’t really know. Very low odds you can pick up a very good footballer at those picks. Possible though.

Yes, they say that every year. The next super draft coming up. Nobody really knows. That guy they call the 'draft guru' seems to get it wrong every year.

Geelong think they're dealing with Brisbane or St Kilda who just throw draft picks away like they're candy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong want our 2019 first rounder then we shouldn't be offering anything else. Could be a top ten pick as easily as it could be pick 18.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Will-Smith-Get-Out.gif

Few notes from the off-season:
-Fremantle are so bad there basically like Carlton..
-We're the destination club in WA
-Dominos at GWS are falling...Shiel, Scully...
-Tim Kelly as much as i want him and he obviously wants to come to us which makes us want to get him that much more.. Not sure how Geelong have any leverage here, as a few of the guys here said.. If you look at our strike rate from drafting guys between picks 20-29, it's bloody good. From the top of my head we've picked up, Shuey, Lycett, Liam Ryan, i believe Thomas the third Swift, Jack Darling... I mean thats a fair list. Swift would have won the charlie if the world wasnt calling for me doctors, to save more lives so i get his decision there but he could of been the goat tbh. So i think drafting some teens that can come in to watch and learn from the primers would be good i reckon. Maybe just wait next year and get Kelly.

Vozzo on 6pr:

- Apparently Geelong have still not categorically told us what they want for Kelly, other than us seeing they want a top 10 pick in the paper. He still is confident it will get done on purely pick swaps
- Categorically ruled out any chance whatsoever of Brander being a part of any trade. Contracted for 3 more years and loves the club
- Gut feel was gaff was staying after club champs, didnt think there was a backflip but was told final decision like everyone else on the sunday morning
- No interest in lobb, just a focus on the kelly deal now

TBH I'm a bit confused by everyone on here about keeping our draft picks. We've already invested heavily in the draft over the past 2 years, what's wrong with trading out of it now? We're in premiership contention now, and we've made a commitment to Kelly. IMO we should be doing everything in our power to get him home, and that means we should be willing we to trade any combination of our first rounders.

Just listening to crazy Vozzo on 6PR

-Brander absolutely not a part of any Kelly trade
- only said they were working hard on a trade for Kelly. Suggested it would be pick swaps. Claimed that he doesn’t know what Geelong want
- no further interest in Lobb now we got a Hickey. No trade targets other than Kelly
- knew Gaff was making a decision Sunday and wasn’t sure what that would be after the B&F but had an feeling he was going to stay

He’s a good operator imo. Speaks well and has definitely grown into the role. Suspect he’ll replace nisbett as CEO before 2020 starts

Just quickly can i get a show of likes, to make a return to talk back radio and call our boys Terry Wallance and Damian Barret? I feel like, me hanging up on Terry was a little rude, and want to make amends.
Would have been ruder to have kept talking

What exactly are our draft picks as it stands atm?

I wouldnt be against using a pick in the 50's range to get Zac Clarke on our list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back