Autopsy Destiny awaits another season - Magpies lose by 4

Remove this Banner Ad

his recent comment in the press about adelaide, his girlfriend and kids, and tonight dropped everything that came his way until the third qtr.

he's a mental player. tonight he played disappointed.
He wasn't the final's performer I hoped he might be, though there were others in that category - Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Adams, Mihochek and WHE. Then there were other players from whom I didn't expect too much, and they didn't disappoint in that regard - Brown, Noble, Wills, Thomas and Reid.

I am entitled to be disappointed with the team and expect that changes will be made to recruiting strategies and the player list. It was a weak effort for the first three quarters, and all the rubbishing of GWS's tall player strategy, its inclusion of Keeffe and Williams, the loss of Whitmore and Greene etc all turned out to be bullshit. We simply were not good enough to win in conditions that should have suited our structure and game plan. Instead, GWS made us look foolish and our year is over. Several of the players who failed us in last year's GF did so again, and a couple of players like Adams have added their names to the list of final's underperformers.

I could say much more but I am sure others will say it for me. And to those of you whose aggressive defence of certain fringe level selections made posting an unpleasant experience, I wonder if you will be prepared to support the inclusion of the same players next year. Noble, Brown, Thomas and Wills were thoroughly underwhelming today and need to be judged for what they are rather than what it is hoped they might become.

To be real about 8wks ago I don’t think anyone would’ve thought we’d get through the first week of finals.

Start of the year I thought getting to the Prelim would be a pass, anything less a failure. I love how supporters of rubbish clubs (St Kilda, Freo) think losing a Prelim or GF is the most shameful and embarrassing that can happen in football.

We're one forward away from being the best team imo. I am positive for next year. People need to remember that flags often take a few years to get it right. Hawthorn lost to us and then Sydney before getting it right. West coast followed a similar pathway. We have so many guns coming into their prime. Keep the faith. We're close.

Took GWS about 4 Years to make the GF

I shudder thinking if the ball bounced true for Milne that day. That one rose against so many thorns that almost wasnt to be.
We clearly panicked in the third quarter today after the giants went a couple of goals ahead, and only when the game was lost did we break the shackles and throw caution to the wind.
Our poor record over the years in big games when we're favourites has to be players and even coaches struggling to handle the expectations of success, because we play so much better as underdogs.
Thats what makes today hurt even more because no one would have given us a chance against Richmond and thats when we're at our best.

Second big final we've lost through being out-muscled in the midfield. We're a couple of grunt mids short. Ideally, Pendles, Sidey and probably Treloar should be playing on the wings and flanks - on the edge of congestion rather than in the midst of it. I don't think we need gun inside mids, just blokes who can match it physically.

Might be time to give Bruzzy a go in the guts. Hopefully Degoey is ready soon too.

The overuse of the famous “Coooollingwoooood” chant actually infuriates me. Thought I’d heard it all when we led by two goals in the grand final last year and when we pinched the lead in round one only to go and lose both games.

But to hear it belted out when we’re 20 points down in the last quarter of a preliminary final, hahaha my god - who are the clowns behind this? It’s a sacred chant that should be only used when big games are sealed in our favour. It’s quickly lost its flavour in the last couple of years because for some reason, the supporters use it as motivation every single game.

He wasn't the final's performer I hoped he might be, though there were others in that category - Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Adams, Mihochek and WHE. Then there were other players from whom I didn't expect too much, and they didn't disappoint in that regard - Brown, Noble, Wills, Thomas and Reid.
I am entitled to be disappointed with the team and expect that changes will be made to recruiting strategies and the player list. It was a weak effort for the first three quarters, and all the rubbishing of GWS's tall player strategy, its inclusion of Keeffe and Williams, the loss of Whitmore and Greene etc all turned out to be bulls**t. We simply were not good enough to win in conditions that should have suited our structure and game plan. Instead, GWS made us look foolish and our year is over. Several of the players who failed us in last year's GF did so again, and a couple of players like Adams have added their names to the list of final's underperformers.
I could say much more but I am sure others will say it for me. And to those of you whose aggressive defence of certain fringe level selections made posting an unpleasant experience, I wonder if you will be prepared to support the inclusion of the same players next year. Noble, Brown, Thomas and Wills were thoroughly underwhelming today and need to be judged for what they are rather than what it is hoped they might become.
Some of the aggressive defence of the club makes posting unpleasant - some posters deny the unpalatable fact that in the flag stakes (and flags ARE the measure of success) we have been mediocre performers for some time now - esp when measured against our finals /GF appearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second big final we've lost through being out-muscled in the midfield. We're a couple of grunt mids short. Ideally, Pendles, Sidey and probably Treloar should be playing on the wings and flanks - on the edge of congestion rather than in the midst of it. I don't think we need gun inside mids, just blokes who can match it physically.

Might be time to give Bruzzy a go in the guts. Hopefully Degoey is ready soon too.
For mine JDG has to be our number one midfielder next year, need to find a replacement key forward.

Some of the aggressive defence of the club makes posting unpleasant - some posters deny the unpalatable fact that in the flag stakes (and flags ARE the measure of success) we have been mediocre performers for some time now - esp when measured against our finals /GF appearances
Yep aggressive defensiveness is unpleasant, and so are those insistent on rubbing salt into the wound moments after a 4 point prelim loss. Perhaps better times/places to strike up such a debate.

Didn't get many decisions going our way.

Proud of the boys, they gave it all. Only that they were more polished in the wet especially in that 3rd quarter. Anyhow, it wasn't to be. Let's come back next year, we clearly need a tall forward who can take crunch marks when the game is on the line.

You see this is the kind of twisted thinking that takes hold when there is nobody around to enforce discipline. Thoroughbreds better than Clydes...next you will be advocating for ponies. Your hoofing is in the post Scodog10 but seems a bit delayed along with our midfield competence. Expect it to arrive sometime in the great existental fourth quarter of life.

I blame ponies. I suppose nobody has been keeping watch have they. You lot are amateurs. I hope the ponies find you tasty.

Great to have you back!

But the Pony is one of the few who were blameless today.

Or the 50m penalty that wasn’t paid in the third quarter when the giants player run into and clearly restricted our player who was on the forward edge of the centre square.

A lot of fumbled/dropped marks were paid the giants way, but not ours, plus our forwards were constantly held.

Never mind that all goals are reviewed prior to play restarting.
Thought the umpiring was about the norm, except for that ridiculous one to Kelly. Reid did get burnt a couple of times - the bear hug in a one on one, which the umpire somehow missed. That otherone which I would have paid the mark and front on contact. but there's usually a couple you don't lke

I can’t get it out of mind
Grundy gets a blatant push in the back in a ruck contest in front of the goal- no penalty- goal - giants win by 4
And people all next week at work will say I’m whinging. It was so obvious and no excuses for it to be missed - the ref was right there nothing blocking his line of sight
It was so obvious that the giants were being assisted in the 3rd qtr to build the lead so they “might” hold on in the last when they were expected to fade which they did. And it worked.
I can’t get it out of my mind. Push - goal - that’s the margin
2 seasons, 2 critical mistakes, 1 non-penalty given, 1 penalty not given
The AFL have taken my money and laughed in my face. I’m not playing next year as I doubt our team can back up next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Destiny awaits another season - Magpies lose by 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back