Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of the conditions, football is a winter sport if you're not prepared to do battle in wet weather then don't bother playing, do you seriously think that football is meant for dry sunny conditions...? (Would hate to see a ground that has some mud on it... Shit that would be catastrophic)
Ideally you want finals footy played on the best grounds. I played on that ground last year in late August. It was terrible.

You can only give it to clubs that bid for it I guess.
No Keysie or Mordi. It's a shame. Both grounds are great to play on.

Last edited:
Dandy lucky to get up on Saturday a Lyndhurst players spudded up a mark in the goal square with seconds to go,considering Dandy had 18 players around him he did well to get his hands on it.

Dandy lucky to get up on Saturday a Lyndhurst players spudded up a mark in the goal square with seconds to go,considering Dandy had 18 players around him he did well to get his hands on it.
fox sports pulse shows dande coming from a fair way behind to win??

Ideally you want finals footy played on the best grounds. I played on that ground last year in late August. It was terrible.

You can only give it to clubs that bid for it I guess.
No Keysie or Mordi. It's a shame. Both grounds are great to play on.

Agree surly there was 9 clubs that put in to host them there is one better than there rooms and faciltys are great but the ground doesn't hold up well to bad weather I think last year they had to move one from there as it couldn't handle 2 games on one weekend they should share the finals around to different grounds as they do in other leagues one at each day at different grounds and I'm sure there's a few bigger grounds to play on aswell on the smaller grounds like there you don't see as good game as they end up very congested

Been away from the league and recently went down for a run at a club and the league seems healthy.

2 concerning points though.

Moorabbin are paying a few players around the $700 per week (collectively) and their idea is to ensure people train and turn up to functions according to the President - which is a terrible idea IMO

Sandown. Another huge loss. They made the Grand Final 3-4 years ago. I know they pay decent coin and upgraded facilities but has the money run out of have they just imploded as per the old South Waverley Sandown days??

Is a merger between any clubs on the City side of Dandenong an option? Seems Lyndale, Sandown, Dandenong, Keysborough, Springvale have all seen better days and minimal juniors

Been away from the league and recently went down for a run at a club and the league seems healthy.

Moorabbin are paying a few players around the $700 per week (collectively) and their idea is to ensure people train and turn up to functions according to the President - which is a terrible idea IMO

Sandown. Another huge loss. They made the Grand Final 3-4 years ago. I know they pay decent coin and upgraded facilities but has the money run out of have they just imploded as per the old South Waverley Sandown days??

Is a merger between any clubs on the City side of Dandenong an option? Seems Lyndale, Sandown, Dandenong, Keysborough, Springvale have all seen better days and minimal juniors

I reckon Keysie have made the right move coming over to this Comp and will be a strong side in a few years.

Lyndale would argue they are doing ok.

It seems the league thinks the more sides, they bring in, the stronger the competition. Id like to see them put existing clubs first.

Very tough to get a merger over the line even if it would benefit both parties.

Hallam and Doveton got close a few years back.

Must have been a while, Sandowns struggles have been well documented on this forum for the past 2 years

Its an absolute discrase that finals are played at Heatherton even once, but 3 years in a row?? Give me a spell. Mordialloc, Keysborough would of been far better options.
The Mount Waverley/ Hallam joint venture would have been good also however there is the obvious home field advantage to Hallam.
Easily fixed.
Div 1- Springvale
Div 2- Hallam/ Mount Waverley
Div 3- Cheltenham/ Keysie or Mordi

Heathertons facilities arent that great to begin with let alone the surface which at the best of times is a waterlogged paddock. Say what you will about footy being a winter sport but people come and pay good money to see finals footy and want to see fast moving exiting footy with high scores and plenty of goals! Hence why only the best grounds should have the priveledge of hosting.

I guess it helps if your president is on the SFL board and the radio show sundays.... ;)

Its an absolute discrase that finals are played at Heatherton even once, but 3 years in a row?? Give me a spell. Mordialloc, Keysborough would of been far better options.
The Mount Waverley/ Hallam joint venture would have been good also however there is the obvious home field advantage to Hallam.
Easily fixed.
Div 1- Springvale

Heathertons facilities arent that great to begin with let alone the surface which at the best of times is a waterlogged paddock. Say what you will about footy being a winter sport but people come and pay good money to see finals footy and want to see fast moving exiting footy with high scores and plenty of goals! Hence why only the best grounds should have the priveledge of hosting.

I guess it helps if your president is on the SFL board and the radio show sundays.... ;)

Divvy 3 should just be at Clayton. Finals footy always has a great atmosphere there and it's perfectly located.. Springy and Chelt for 1 and 2.

Easily fixed.
Div 1- Springvale

While I agree that Heatherton's ground isn't up to hosting finals, your assertion that Mount Waverley is a better option is simply ludicrous.
Their clubrooms are tiny, the change rooms are terrible, the toilets are horrendous, there are about 20 car parks, and the ground itself is just as bad as Heatherton, if not worse at times.
You say the facilities at Heatherton aren't great, but they'd be in the top 2 set ups in the SFL alongside Lyndhurst. You could fit Mounts entire set up in the Heatherton away rooms.

Easily fixed.
Div 1- Springvale

Are you saying mount should host finals? Surely im miss reading this comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree that Heatherton's ground isn't up to hosting finals, your assertion that Mount Waverley is a better option is simply ludicrous.
Their clubrooms are tiny, the change rooms are terrible, the toilets are horrendous, there are about 20 car parks, and the ground itself is just as bad as Heatherton, if not worse at times.
You say the facilities at Heatherton aren't great, but they'd be in the top 2 set ups in the SFL alongside Lyndhurst. You could fit Mounts entire set up in the Heatherton away rooms.
And also mount Waverley doesnt have fences to charge people at the entrance or anything does it?

If you actually read my comment and had any idea of what was going on you would know that Mount Waverley and Hallam joined forces so to speak and applied to have finals in a joint venture. But the games would be played at Hallam but obviously with help from Mount Waverley during the process of the application and on the day of the games during finals.
So no, obviously no games would be played at Mount Waverley. They clearly understood that too but want the profits that hosting finals bring to your club so they approached Hallam.
Which is a great idea in my opinion.

If you actually read my comment and had any idea of what was going on you would know that Mount Waverley and Hallam joined forces so to speak and applied to have finals in a joint venture. But the games would be played at Hallam but obviously with help from Mount Waverley during the process of the application and on the day of the games during finals.
So no, obviously no games would be played at Mount Waverley. They clearly understood that too but want the profits that hosting finals bring to your club so they approached Hallam.
The only clubs in the city of Casey that applied to host finals were Lyndhurst and Doveton. It's written in the Tender docs. Maybe your talking about a previous year.

Clubs that requested tender docs to bid were:

Chelt
Sandown
Heatherton
Clayton
Lyndhurst
Doveton
Springvale

The only clubs in the city of Casey that applied to host finals were Lyndhurst and Doveton. It's written in the Tender docs. Maybe your talking about a previous year.

Clubs that requested tender docs to bid were:

Chelt
Sandown
Heatherton
Clayton
Lyndhurst
Doveton
Springvale

The director said different on the radio show sunday..
9 applied it was narrowed down to a final 6 and then 3 were selected.

Who cares, YAWN fest where the finals are played if your good enough you will win it even if you play it on Yarra's heap of a ground :eek: .

How would the blue bloods from Mount Waverley (especially Mount Pretty Boy) feel about helping out and co-operating with a club from a low socio-economic area? Oh, the shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back