Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

It was quite wet in 1 spot in particular, but it wasn't as bad as everyone said. It just didn't compare favourably to Clayton, which was like a bowling green the week before.

Moorabbin are paying a few players around the $700 per week (collectively) and their idea is to ensure people train and turn up to functions according to the President - which is a terrible idea IMO

Is 700 a lot for a div 3 side?

Anyone care to comment from ashwood or Moorabbin on the amount of 50's paid on the weekend? Have heard it was in the range of 15+

Looking back to the start of seasons predictions any surprises or disappointments ?

Lyndhurst being competitive and winning a few games is a surprise didn't expect them to go winless but look like they will beat hallams 3 wins they had until this season.

Anyone care to comment from ashwood or Moorabbin on the amount of 50's paid on the weekend? Have heard it was in the range of 15+

Lyndhurst being competitive and winning a few games is a surprise didn't expect them to go winless but look like they will beat hallams 3 wins they had until this season.

Great initiative by Moorabbin. Good on them thinking outside the square.

CPL and Lyndale both gone backwards.

Definitely not more than 15 but there were plenty... Mainly against Moorabbin for mouthing off... From players and also from the coaches box... There was a double 50 in there too which was for mouthing off then more from the coach's box so they gave another 50... Think number 9 from Moorabbin gave away a few

Just bad discipline

Definitely not more than 15 but there were plenty... Mainly against Moorabbin for mouthing off... From players and also from the coaches box... There was a double 50 in there too which was for mouthing off then more from the coach's box so they gave another 50... Think number 9 from Moorabbin gave away a few

Just bad discipline

Yes some were paid for mouthing off but plenty were for paid for very little reason. Asking "what for?" is not really mouthing off. One was even paid against a supporter. How can umpires penalise teams due to supporters? What's to stop a supporter walking over to the opposition bench and start mouthing off to get a free kick for their team?
The frustrating part was at least 8 of the 50's resulted in Ashwood goals. The SFL advisor went straight to the umpires at half time on the ground and again after the final siren. He wanted an explanation as he went straight to the Moorabbin president after both occasions.
In a game where the end margin was 14 points, it was disappointing the result was so heavily influenced by umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes some were paid for mouthing off but plenty were for paid for very little reason. Asking "what for?" is not really mouthing off. One was even paid against a supporter. How can umpires penalise teams due to supporters? What's to stop a supporter walking over to the opposition bench and start mouthing off to get a free kick for their team?
The frustrating part was at least 8 of the 50's resulted in Ashwood goals. The SFL advisor went straight to the umpires at half time on the ground and again after the final siren. He wanted an explanation as he went straight to the Moorabbin president after both occasions.
In a game where the end margin was 14 points, it was disappointing the result was so heavily influenced by umpiring.
I'm not sure what was said for the 50's but I've definitely seen 50's given for abuse to umpires yeah maybe you could pretend to support the opposite team but really who's gunna actually do that...
Ashwood kicked 14 goals so what you're saying is that 60% of ashwoods goals game from 50's... Think that's a little bit of bull

I'm not sure what was said for the 50's but I've definitely seen 50's given for abuse to umpires yeah maybe you could pretend to support the opposite team but really who's gunna actually do that...
Ashwood kicked 14 goals so what you're saying is that 60% of ashwoods goals game from 50's... Think that's a little bit of bull

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think you'll find any Ashwood people denying it.

Not the prettiest game of footy between Doveton and Lyndale on Saturday. Slippery conditions wouldn't have helped but it wasn't played at a standard either club would be satisfied with, skills wise. Eagles shot out to an early 6 goal lead but credit to Lyndale who worked their way back into the contest and were in it till the end.

Great effort by the Lyndale people who hung around for a drink after the game. The rooms were still full long after dark.

We will be sure to return the favour when the time comes

Watched the game Saturday very pedestrian & ground conditions had nothing to do with it,Doveton 1st quarter was their savior when Malak went into the ruck the game changed. Slow players all round No 28 Doveton poo, No 7 Lyndale atrocious skills,Pete Dye struggle street both these sides will have plenty of excuses' as usual. My observation is Lyndale shouldn't of got that close & Doveton showed they couldn't close out the game worrying signs for both & a waste of my afternoon.

Watched the game Saturday very pedestrian & ground conditions had nothing to do with it,Doveton 1st quarter was their savior when Malak went into the ruck the game changed. Slow players all round No 28 Doveton poo, No 7 Lyndale atrocious skills,Pete Dye struggle street both these sides will have plenty of excuses' as usual. My observation is Lyndale shouldn't of got that close & Doveton showed they couldn't close out the game worrying signs for both & a waste of my afternoon.

Lyndale had 15 out!

Na seriously slow start allowing Doveton a large lead at quarter time hurt us big time.

Playing division 3 footy champ, maybe should of gone and watched noble if wanted better standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back