D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

the 1:19 is disgraceful! number 12 shouldn't be playing next season!

As a club umpire in the Eastern league for many years, I can assure you that there is no way the field umpire missed the effort from number 12.

It was a gutless effort by him not to bring the red card out.

Give number 12 a 17-week ban and tell him he is not wanted near a football ground again and go and take up boxing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your club is an embarrassment
Enjoy Division 2 while it lasts St Johns. Remember you won't get to play struggling teams like Eley Park every second week and after your antics this year VAFA will keep you on a short leash. My boys at the House will be straight back in Div 2 where we belong come season end.

Congrats to Canterbury on winning the flag. As well Richmond getting the job done in the ressies.

Thoughts on the year.

Areas went well.

All teams won at least 2 matches.

The majority of the teams got to play on AFL standard ground at La Trobe.

The top 5 is still best final system especially when there is 11 teams in the competition.

Chadstone returning to divisional footy.

No sides forfeited any matches.

Suspension were lowish across the board apart from the SF.

Areas that didn’t go to plan.

The gap between top and bottom sides was huge.

The draw was Mickey Mouse with some teams playing 17 matches and others playing 16. Which could have been avoided.

Not one team filled an under 19’s team.

Post matches were inconsistent across the sectionn.

Things that I would like to see happen in 2025.

A seeded draw with equal matches being played by all.

All clubs have a brief post match as a minimum.

Masala come back to divisional footy.

A rotation of umpires from a higher level within the VAFA within the section to improve the quality.

Non club field umpires in the reserves to reduce the loads on the clubs.

Financial incentives to get an under 19’s up and running.

I look at Glen Eira they were in this section 6 seasons ago and have risen to c grade on the basis of their 19’s and others. It can be done.

Have a good break everyone.

Last edited:
Congrats to Canterbury on winning the flag. As well Richmond getting the job done in the ressies.

Thoughts on the year.

Areas went well.

All teams won at least 2 matches.

The majority of the teams got to play on AFL standard ground at La Trobe.

The top 5 is still best final system especially when there is 11 teams in the competition.

Chadstone returning to divisional footy.

No sides forfeited any matches.

Suspension were lowish across the board apart from the SF.

Areas that didn’t go to plan.

The gap between top and bottom sides was huge.

The draw was Mickey Mouse with some teams playing 17 matches and others playing 16. Which could have been avoided.

Not one team filled an under 19’s team.

Post matches were inconsistent across the sectionn.

Things that I would like to see happen in 2025.

A seeded draw with equal matches being played by all.

All clubs have a brief post match as a minimum.

Masala come back to divisional footy.

A rotation of umpires from a higher level within the VAFA within the section to improve the quality.

Non club field umpires in the reserves to reduce the loads on the clubs.

Financial incentives to get an under 19’s up and running.

I look at Glen Eira they were in this section 6 seasons ago and have risen to c grade on the basis of their 19’s and others. It can be done.

Have a good break everyone.

I like a lot of these. Except Glen eira orchestrated a u19s heist by stealing kids/parents committed to other clubs from mckinnon high school, lets not act like they got that up on merit. Then changing their name for the 100th time to "Glen Eira/Old Mckinnon" to offset it. They got a cheeky promotion in 2021 when the season was called off, but credit is due when they were huge in division 1 last year making it in both seniors and reserves, winning the seniors.

The umpires part has 0 chance. Prem C/Division 1 don't have reserves umpires let alone D3.

Are swinburne only club who doesn't do post match drinks? thought that was a unofficial rule for all teams.

Wonder how promotion will work. Bulleen templestowe off to the efl, leaves only one coming down, depends if mentone panthers and masala come back. I dont think the VAFA can allow masala to field two thirds teams again, and mentone panthers were graded far too low, won a easy flag with a first team against thirds.

I like a lot of these. Except Glen eira orchestrated a u19s heist by stealing kids/parents committed to other clubs from mckinnon high school, lets not act like they got that up on merit. Then changing their name for the 100th time to "Glen Eira/Old Mckinnon" to offset it. They got a cheeky promotion in 2021 when the season was called off, but credit is due when they were huge in division 1 last year making it in both seniors and reserves, winning the seniors.

The umpires part has 0 chance. Prem C/Division 1 don't have reserves umpires let alone D3.

Are swinburne only club who doesn't do post match drinks? thought that was a unofficial rule for all teams.

Wonder how promotion will work. Bulleen templestowe off to the efl, leaves only one coming down, depends if mentone panthers and masala come back. I dont think the VAFA can allow masala to field two thirds teams again, and mentone panthers were graded far too low, won a easy flag with a first team against thirds.

To add to your mentone point, the side this year was made up of quite an older list. I couldn't see that being sustainable going forward, nor did I see the depth required to field 2 senior teams in D3

To add to your mentone point, the side this year was made up of quite an older list. I couldn't see that being sustainable going forward, nor did I see the depth required to field 2 senior teams in D3
They will struggle to get 2 sides next season. So maybe another year in the 3rds im guessing.

is it not the norm to have two thirds teams? and if not what if the second team is either putrid or cant field a full team every week? going off results in the Play HQ app the second team has been very uncompetitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back