Do you follow the same team as your parents?

Remove this Banner Ad

My dad followed WCE

My mum and sister dont follow footy

I am not aware of any aunts/uncles/cousins following footy..

I chose North- and a very good choice it was too; and my dad has now followed me, he has a Roos membership ( a choice he made) and he never had a WCE membership- so I think I can happily say he is a converted North man.. he doesnt pay much attention to footy though, but he is a North Supporter when he does.

:D

Go Roos

My mum's side of the family is red and blue all the way, while my dad's side of the family doesn't really follow footy. My dad used to barrack for South Melbourne, but when they buggered off to Sydney, that was the end of that.

This season, he's finally bought an armchair membership for the Dees because he wanted to feel he had the same right to bitch about the team as the rest of us in the household did!

To sum up, my entire family is Melbourne. Some more so than others, but there's only one team to talk about at family gatherings.

Biological father: Knows nothing of AFL, lives in the UK.

Biological mother: Doesnt really follow a team, but is happy to see Port do well.

Step father #1: Crows supporter.

Step mother#1: Knows nothing of AFL, lives in the UK.

Step father #2: Doesnt care either way, is from New Zealand. Brags about the All Blacks quite a bit though. :rolleyes:

Step mother #2: Crows supporter. Gary Ayres is her third cousin.

Me: Port Adelaide all the way!

Originally posted by Badger
Biological father: Knows nothing of AFL, lives in the UK.

Biological mother: Doesnt really follow a team, but is happy to see Port do well.

Step father #1: Crows supporter.

Step mother#1: Knows nothing of AFL, lives in the UK.

Step father #2: Doesnt care either way, is from New Zealand. Brags about the All Blacks quite a bit though. :rolleyes:

Step mother #2: Crows supporter. Gary Ayres is her third cousin.

With that family background, you wouldn't be related to Suzi Olsen would you. :eek:

I've only just managed to get dad over from the WAFL (East Freo) to get on board with the Dockers (I'm not interested in that Victorian crap he would say. Hard to argue with given some of the things that go on.)
Mum has been a docker since they started

My grandmother on my mums side is a Kangaroos supporter (although she claims to be a Crows supporter now), and my grandfather was a Richmond supporter.
My Mum never really followed football until she was married and is now a Collingwood supporter. My dad has always been a collingwood supporter.
My dad's dad didn't support a VFL/AFL side, but he did madly support Glenorchy Magpies and my other grandmother doesn't have a clue about football although she likes swans (the bird) so I call her a Sydney supporter.
My aunties/uncles are supporters of assorted sides so you couldnt put a finger on what team the whole family actually supports.

Mum is from Canada, but follows Geelong and Sydney in the loosest sense of the word. Dad used to be a Geelong supporter I think, coming from the boonies, but now just picks the team he hates less. My sister somehow ended up with the Saints (again, barely follows them - I think she's moved on to Hawthorn with Spider) and I'm a Pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both parents follow Essendon.

In fact, while my dad used to take me to the footy as a kid, when I fly down to go to games now, I often go with Mum!!!!

Still, supporting Essendon is compulsory in my family, we've been doing it for about the past 100 years.

I am self-taught, having lived in Brisbane all my life.

My Dad is a ***cringe*** Broncos Rugby League supporter and my Mum kinda takes a passing interest in that heathen team too.

I have long since given up trying to make them see the light.

Fortunately, my wife and chidren caught the Lions and AFL bug from me years ago so we are united in that regard.

My dad's family moved to Fitzroy in 1893 from Horsham. They have barracked for Fitzroy since they were in the VFA. Me mom's family lived in, and ran a shop in Fitzroy, opposite the Brunswick St Oval from the early years of the century (last one, that is). No doubt about where her family's sympathy lay.

My old man played a couple of years with the twos with Fitzroy, in the early 30s.

Best/worst thing you can impose on your family members. Seems you are left with very little choice, once the passion is passed on. I have always respected those who rebelled, but could never really understand it.

My son, who had very little interest in football in his early years, is an Essendon supporter, of all things. I am still waiting for the opportunity to show him the DVD of the 2001 GF.

I am the product of some sort of genetic mutation I think.

My dad is a Geelong supporter, but didn't follow them with any passion for the first half of my childhood. He was also Tottenham.

My mother was an Arsenal fan - she came to Australia when she was 38, and absolutely hated footy for the first half of my childhood.

Then when I was about 10, my sister and I started taking an interest. She went Geelong because my father dragged her that way, whereas I went Essendon and dragged my mother that way.

Unfortunately about 3 years ago, my father decided to get a Geelong family membership to incorporate my sister and my mother. My mother has since crossed over, but at least she's a footy fan I guess.

my dad is a richmond supporter.
my mom doesnt really go for a side but to keep in my dad,s good books she cheers for the tigers.
my eldest daughter goes for the tigers.
my youngest daughter goes for the hawks[altho she does have a richmond membership:D].

cheers!

my parents dont really like footy...

dad's into rugby :confused: but i dunno why!! if anything, he'd support st.kilda. mum'd probs go for the dees, but thats only cos of me.

Parents, brother and sister all Collingwood supporters. I started out as one too but gradually switched when the Bears started playing in Brisbane and I bought a membership in 1993. Not looked back since. Made the last GF pretty tricky though.

My parents are heathen-they don't follow the footy. My uncle was a Hawthorn supporter and my Dad's folks were Essendon. Dad's new wife supports Geelong. My grandmother (mum's side) is now a Hawthorn supporter because of my sister and myself. Meeting Dipper at Westfield Airport West helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you follow the same team as your parents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back