Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt that Duncan's last (very smart) kick was meant for Paddy, also on the lead. There is some ingrained selfish play creeping in over the last few weeks, that could also be seen as lack of peripheral vision. It ends in players spraying for goal when others are better placed. Murda and Menengola are two that can be tunnel visioned, and at other times a free Murda has been ignored.

It doesn't help that the inexperienced players like Parsons, Fogarty et al, inherently panic, and at other times try to do too much without the hard skills, seeking to cover themselves in glory. Resulting in board Parsons-nose angst.

It doesn't matter what they're throwing at Kelly, it matters what they're prepared to throw at Geelong. He's contracted for next year, he'll need a trade. And a good one. I look forward to seeing their offers, as reportedly both WA clubs want him, so they can compete with each other and that will be just fine.

If Kelly wants to leave for compassionate/family reasons, we will take the best offer we can get and let him go. Rightfully so. I can guarantee you that the end result will be Kelly > whatever we get in return. That’s not being negative; it’s being realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Miracles can happen....but it seems 2018 is a write off now.

With such a close game things like one player not being dropped when he should have been may have made all the difference. Don't know why Parsons was played this week.

The continual losing after the bye HAS to be put on the coaches, it is no longer one of those coincidences.

Time to give more guys from the VFL a go to see if they show something and should be kept on the list or not - Gardner, House etc.

Kelly had 19 possessions in the last quarter. That’s more than double what Kolo, Bews, Cunico and Parsons each managed for the entire game.

Do you work for West Coast or Freo recruiting team?

If we bundled these players we would get a third round pick
Parsons and Cunico nobody wants,
Bews and Kolo rockies

Danger is a shit kick. Harry's shot was embarrassing skills wise for an AFL footballer.

yes it was not great... but if we are going to pick at a goal try his first. Better forward than him miss shots after the siren.

I really doubt they practice it and if you don't practice it..then you really are just playing chooklotto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great tactical move from Scott. Push danger forward when we need him in the middle. Features every week
No. He was put forward as he was having trouble with a leg/hamstring issue and had a fair bit of work done on it in the 3rd Q. It was probably either forward or off.

If Kelly wants to leave for compassionate/family reasons, we will take the best offer we can get and let him go. Rightfully so. I can guarantee you that the end result will be Kelly > whatever we get in return. That not being negative; it’s being realistic.

You're right, that's what will happen, but I'm sick of it from the Cats.

This is a bloke who was overlooked by these two teams what, 10 times between them. Then Geelong give him his chance and he turns out to be an absolute A grader just when we are about to need to replace Selwood. If he wants to go then it's time for Geelong to finally play hard ball. He's not a free agent, he won't want to sit out a year, the club should simply name its price (very good player plus early first round pick) and if the Eagles or Dockers really want him they can put something real on the table.

I honestly think Parsons is the worst player I have ever seen play for Geelong. He really doesn’t contribute when it counts, and only seems to bob up when it’s junk time. Tonight was awful but my expectations were low so not really surprised.
Kolo played one of the worst games I’ve ever seen tonight, everything he did seemed to be a f&$k up but I still believe he will be a solid player. May need a spell.
Murdoch just doesn’t seem to have any game sense at all, that first miss was basically a guy that doesn’t want to back himself to take them on or isn’t encouraged too, because a player of his speed when running flat out should not get caught or should be able to side step approaching opponents.
We, as a team, seem to not know what first option means, also when tackled we cannot seem to get our arms free yet when we tackle teams seem to be able to get the ball out to a teammate without much difficulty.
We seem to worry about giving away free kicks in contested situations yet time and again give up dumb frees elsewhere in play.
Really liked Narkle, has speed, footy smarts and tackles hard.
I think we really miss the hardness and the contest that Scooter, Cocky and big Sav bring to the team, we have a few too many “flakes”!
I thought Gaz had a so-so game tonight, did some good things but seemed rushed quite a few times and don’t like seeing him not chase.
The simple things, 1%, that you don’t actually need any skill for like manning the mark properly, chasing even when you may not catch them, blocking instead of letting the opposition run past have probably been the worst I’ve ever seen in a team but it’s been like that for at least 5 years so obviously the coach doesn’t believe in those fundamentals of the game because they never seem to be addressed.
Also we must be close to the worst team at being front and centre in marking contests, hardly ever see goals getting sharked off marking contests or blokes hitting the front and square hard.
To me these small things can get you a few extra goals a game but also stop opposition from getting easy possession.
And how much more dangerous do we look when we take the game on!
Instead we play this chip chip sideways slow play crap that might look good for defensive stats but it’s a shit style and doesn’t stand up when it matters.
I rather see a Geelong team play attacking style footy and go down guns blazing then slow play crap for the same result!

Expecting 3-4 changes for next week in the continuous revolving door we have going on. Injuries have player their part, but we havent had a really settled team for years now. Surely this is detrimental to our performances?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s a really good point. Agree wholeheartedly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back