Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Brandan Parfitt has been mediocre at best since he came back from injury. Only a second year player so you don't judge him too harshly for it of course, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that his so-called "breakout" game earlier in the year was something of a false dawn and that he hasn't elevated himself up a level in the way we thought he might have.

No. He was put forward as he was having trouble with a leg/hamstring issue and had a fair bit of work done on it in the 3rd Q. It was probably either forward or off.
The cut on the knee? Go back over the last few weeks where he’s played forward for no return. He’s one of the best, if not the best midfielder in the game. Play him there.

It's not Parsons' fault. He isn't the one selecting himself.

Him getting picked plus the number of games Zuthrie gets are a real concern in terms of who is actually steering the ship, though.

Kelly looks like he could be anything. We need him to stay. He can play when the heat is on.

I love Kelly, but it’s time for our decline
I don’t want this mediocre finishing between 4-8 anymore

FWIW the last player I never wanted to trade was Brent Maloney and look how that played out.

Maybe it just needs to happen

Kelly had 19 possessions in the last quarter. That’s more than double what Kolo, Bews, Cunico and Parsons each managed for the entire game.

Do you work for West Coast or Freo recruiting team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basing my opinion on what I observed - good on him for collecting 19 disposals in the last, but he went at a team low disposal efficiency of 55.9% for the match and I believe I read a comment from the match-day thread that he was going at a DE of 30% during the last quarter. He also had a game high 7 clangers. None of that makes for great reading and is just as important to consider when looking at how many disposals a player has.

While 19 disposals sounds great, I'm more interested in what he did with those 19 disposals and that's where watching the game to see the play unfold comes into it. What impact did those 19 disposals actually have?

It's like a ruckman who has 40 hitouts - sounds good, but it's a pure vanity statistic with the more important information being, how many hitouts to advantage and how many clearances from their ruck work.

You're right, that's what will happen, but I'm sick of it from the Cats.

This is a bloke who was overlooked by these two teams what, 10 times between them. Then Geelong give him his chance and he turns out to be an absolute A grader just when we are about to need to replace Selwood. If he wants to go then it's time for Geelong to finally play hard ball. He's not a free agent, he won't want to sit out a year, the club should simply name its price (very good player plus early first round pick) and if the Eagles or Dockers really want him they can put something real on the table.

If Freo are fair dinkum they will offer a straight swap for their first rounder, same as Gold Coast did last year when the paid the price for Freo's own Lachie Weller. Presently that would give us #6.

Some of the posts on the game day thread make me absolutely disgusted to be a Geelong supporter. The way you guys throw particular players under the bus like Murdoch is ridiculous, he ran his guts out to get those two shots, sure he missed and that sucks. but he got himself in the position that other players weren't in and gave us an opportunity to win the game.
It could very well be curtains for 2018 now but I expect them to come out hard next week. Loved narkle and all the players we are uncovering this year.
Also gtfo firing Scott he's a good coach. Stop your fking whinging

Welcome and a good 6th post, which tells me you should be warned about the absolute emotional shite that is vented in the game day thread. Also, it is the right of individuals, who perhaps can't be at the game, to call it as they see it in the moment, even if they feel like tossers afterwards. So lighten up, I've supported Jordan for years, and he's a lovely kid. When he's getting the whipping boy treatment on here, I know he'll prove them wrong. And he has.

It's time to play our most dangerous midfielder in the bloody midfield. I want to see Danger lining up defensive side of the centre square next week, not falling over after we eventually scramble the ball forward without him. He's absolutely squandered in the forward line for anything other than brief cameos. And the trick has been worked out, he just isn't damaging the opposition there.

Cguthrie seems soft, whilst parsons has had his chance. Prefer them both in the vfl.

Murdoch adds more than Cguthrie.

Stanley doing much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Step 1
Trade Kelly to Freo for there first round pick.

Step 2
Hope one of the King boys gets to that pick.

Step 3
Start rebuild

Without being facetious, what does a rebuild even look like these days?

Do we give up on Duncan, Guthrie, Kolodjasnij, Stewart?

It's about smart list-building, and it's seemingly a pretty inexact 'science'.

We've definitely got some dead wood on the list.

A high first rounder would be a welcome change for sure ...

Cguthrie seems soft, whilst parsons has had his chance. Prefer them both in the vfl.

Murdoch adds more than Cguthrie.

Stanley doing much better.

Dunno what game you were watching.

Guthrie was very good tonight, atleast he runs and carry’s

Oh great, James’s father is here.

Should’ve pulled out mate
You seem like more of a Hawthorn supporting type with that sort of trash. You're taking about a young kid who is doing his best and being exposed in a very public way through no fault of his own. Those who make such decisions should be playing him in the VFL to help him learn the game, but they aren't.

And like a lot of youngsters he quite possibly reads the shit people like you post online. Grow up.

Without being facetious, what does a rebuild even look like these days?

Do we give up on Duncan, Guthrie, Kolodjasnij, Stewart?

It's about smart list-building, and it's seemingly a pretty inexact 'science'.

We've definitely got some dead wood on the list.

A high first rounder would be a welcome change for sure ...

Considering we have debuted 14 players since round 1 2017, it would seem the club is in the process of a "rebuild/list turnover" but doing it while we still have senior players for the new brigade to learn from.

The cut on the knee? Go back over the last few weeks where he’s played forward for no return. He’s one of the best, if not the best midfielder in the game. Play him there.
No, not the cut on the knee. The physios were testing out and working on his left leg for some time on the boundary in the third quarter. From then on he played forward. I don't like him forward either, but if it's forward or on the pine I'll take forward.

Some whispers (completely unsubstantiated by the club) are that the leg issue has been there for a couple of months. If that's true, it seems they are managing it by putting him forward more than they'd probably like to.

No, not the cut on the knee. The physios were testing out and working on his left leg for some time on the boundary in the third quarter. From then on he played forward. I don't like him forward either, but if it's forward or on the pine I'll take forward.

Some whispers (completely unsubstantiated by the club) are that the leg issue has been there for a couple of months. If that's true, it seems they are managing it by putting him forward more than they'd probably like to.
Related to the hamstring issue from the pre-season?

Brandan Parfitt has been mediocre at best since he came back from injury. Only a second year player so you don't judge him too harshly for it of course, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that his so-called "breakout" game earlier in the year was something of a false dawn and that he hasn't elevated himself up a level in the way we thought he might have.

Yes and no Baudolino - at least the guy sticks his friggin' tackles! For mine he shows a bit; still developing no doubt.
The club opted to give Ablett midfield minutes in 2018 & 19 instead of putting time into the likes of Parfitt (well; Parfitt's actually probably it at the moment); for now he's stuck on a flank or in a pocket where he'll tend to fade in and out ... I'll reserve judgement until he's played 40-50 games, but I reckon the signs are ok so far. Tackles well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back