Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

on a serious note, the umps were a disgrace.
our players were pinged harshly for HTB on many times, whilst collingwood players were allowed to drop the ball, spin tackles (prior opp) and still nothing

James Brayshaw is absolutely pathetic. Can tell it really hurt him calling that last Darcy goal.

During the last quarter my wife, who knows very little about football and was barely paying attention, turned to me and said who's that commentator? Is it just me or is he blatantly barracking for Collingwood?
For someone who was president of a club not viewed as one of the ‘big clubs’ he spends so much time in his knees for Blues/Pies/Bombers. Pretty sure he has a tattoo of “Football is better off when the big clubs are doing well”.

James Brayshaw is absolutely pathetic. Can tell it really hurt him calling that last Darcy goal.

During the last quarter my wife, who knows very little about football and was barely paying attention, turned to me and said who's that commentator? Is it just me or is he blatantly barracking for Collingwood?

He didn’t give much for that last goal, did he?

Sounded like a funeral in the commentary box after Darcy kicked the Winner. Beautiful to my ears.

Just a shocking commentator all round. He doesn’t even describe the play, won’t even say words when something happens. It’s terrible.

• I mentioned this last week and I'll say it again. I really dislike pissant supporters laying into first and second year players. Fair enough with blokes who've been around 5 or 6 years but kids playing their first year in the seniors have a massive learning curve ahead of them. Tonight it was Gallagher and Sanders. By the end of the night those pissants had gone a bit quiet but I'm not expecting to read their apologies any time soon.

There were a lot of dummy spitters in the GDT weren't there?

I remember thinking at QT: I hope we find a way to turn this around and all those snowflakes who said 'I've had enough I'm turning the TV off' miss out on a famous victory. LOL I wonder if they did?

Now when I were a lad we used to stand on the terrace through 12 goal beltings at the Western Oval week after week in the freezing rain and wind. We'd be standing on empty steel beer cans, like, so we could see over the fat bastards in front of us. And we'd just have to be grateful for the small victories. Like some promising kid having his first game and getting a few touches before some Carlton thug laid him out cold.

True! (near enough)

But yer tell the young folk today and they won't believe yer.

I like it when you get fired up dogwatch. 👍

The first few pages of the GDT had a lot of embarrassing posts. I'm yet to see any retractions. They were beyond melts, they were ridiculous.

Anyway, great win, even with more outs next week, I'm looking forward to the next game.

Go Dogs! 🔴⚪🔵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
That's a very favourable assessment for the Pies. Doesn't really stack up against the quality of what we had missing and we lost 2 on the night.
As far as bringing in Lobb that is called List Management 101.
Pies failed to put us away in the 1st quarter with poor conversion, which is normally the Bulldogs way.
Both teams were injury affected the best team on the night won.

It was our defensive pressure in the last quarter that really stood out to me. We locked it in our forward half almost the entire quarter. The Pies had zero outlets in the last.

Also our resilience. So many times we could have dropped our heads, but instead we always fought back to stay in touch.

I must say, I've been really impressed with how Ryley Sanders has come across in the few interviews I have seen of him so far. Very articulate, relaxed and personable, especially for someone so young, and just coming into, and experiencing the ups and downs of the whole AFL experience.

similar team profiles last night, no excuses for either side

Average Attributes
Collingwood Attribute Western Bulldogs
187.3cm Height 189.9cm
85.9kg Weight 87.1kg
26yr 2mth Age 26yr 2mth
95.3 Games 106.7

Collingwood Games Western Bulldogs
7 Less than 50 9
7 50 to 99 2
4 100 to 149 4
2 150 to 200 4
3 200 or more 4

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it

Stop making excuses.

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

Lol.

WE don't understand football and yet you say Lobb for Naughton is a 1 for 1 replacement. You have ZERO clue my friend.

Players out for us who are normally best 22:

• Naughton and
  • Weightman (both leading our goal-kicking at time of injuries)
  • Liberatore
  • Ed Richards (b.o.g last week against the swans midfield before injury)
  • Johannisen
  • Bailey Smith

Lost Harmes and Vandermeer during the game.

And don't forget how many young and inexperienced players we had out there too:

Gallagher - 12 games
Sanders - 8
Darcy - 18
Freijah - 4
Odonnell - 19

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look, I like Patty Lipinski…but his face when he had to try and tackle Bont probably tells us all we need to know.

I’m also nowhere near as down on Gallagher as most seem to be judging by the game day thread (especially one poster). He’s on a steep learning curve that he’ll be all the better for. I reckon he has all the makings of a 200 game player.

The thing that I find funny from a Collingwood fan point of view is that they did have talented players out there that cost them their win by not performing.

Josh Daicos wasn't terrible, but he's an incumbent all-Australian (my view is that he never was but the fact is he still had an excellent year last year) and after he kicked the excellent opening goal of the game, basically was a liability for the rest of the contest.

They gave onball minutes to Beau McCreery for some reason and yet as an experienced player despite his age with 70 league games under his belt, was also a liability for them.

All these complains about Billy Frampton not being a good footballer and having to cover injures. He may not ruck or be a beanpole or even a natural forward but I'm not sure his statistical output at AFL level is even that much worse than Mason Cox - how much of a drop off between the players is there really?

Contrast to McNeil, who went from excellent pre-season, dropped after one game, in the outer, a mid-season draft player being picked in his position, finally through injuries finds himself back as the sub, gets subbed on early and plays a very good game in which all Dogs fans can be happy with both his application and his execution of skill.

Maybe Pies and their fans should concern themselves with the players that did play, or the building of an overall culture that injuries don't hurt you as much, than whining time and time again about the injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back