Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy bouncing back from giving away two 50m penalties to play that type of game shows how special he is. His late hit should be a week at best, it cannot be compared to the Webster hit or Pickett on Baz, not even in the same universe. But the media is already throwing the book at him it seems.

He never wanted to leave the Pies. Of course he's mates with them. Please don't question his commitment he's been sensational.

I'm not but he was way too friendly last night.

Do it before and after the game, not after every stoppage in play.

It’s so exciting watching our youth show how good they are.

Darcy, Sanders, Garcia, Gallagher and Freijah were all terrific last night.

Garcia was pick 62
Gallagher was pick 39
Freijah was pick 45

Some great drafting in the later rounds, which is truly starting to pay off.

Great times ahead for us Dogs fans

I think it makes sense to me that with Richards and Libba coming back in next week we will play Bontempelli predominately forward.
Agreed, can do spurts in the middle around red time but I’d be shocked if the majority of CBAs aren’t shared between Adz, Ed and Libba.

No melting here. Expected a very tough game tonight and thought our side did very well for 3 quarters. The Bullies took over at 3/4 time and never really gave us a chance. Umpiring not an issue at all. Just outplayed in the end. I've thought for a while that your mob has been a little underperformed (no offence) All the best going forward
Ta mate love the way you guys play and we need the same commitment to match it with you

Darcy is the best prospect in the league right now, he’s already averaging two goals a game with a very limited couple of years worth of preparation. I can’t think of another player of his height that has ever had his marking craft and judgment in the air, once he gains sufficient strength I don’t see a strategy that could stop him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It shows what a joke the AFL has become, Now I'm expecting him to get weeks because others have gone for similar this season but why should he miss games when Maynard played out the game.

Also more of a joke that the player he flattened got no weeks for knocking out Brayshaw into retirement only 9 months ago.

The sport really does have a sniff of corruption about it.
I’m sure precedent will be taken into account

Xavier GIF by Big Brother

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
Bulldogs supporters often mention that, as a rule, Collingwood has a good supporter base that is fair, reasonable, and respectful overall. You appear to be the exception to the rule.

Last edited:
I feel most of us agree Darcy will have a chance to freshen up.
The one that's overlooked is Duryea, I'm genuinely unsure of this one.
He swung his arm back, definitely got Daicos on chin but it seemed negligible and he didn't throw with malice or intent.
Daicos milked it as he should and got free.
This one, I would let off or fine. But, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1. Who knows with the MRO.
Giving Daicos too much credit, he grabbed Duryea and then dived when Duryea shook out of his grip. If there was any incidental contact to Nick's head it was only a consequence of him initiating the contact with Duryea. A fine for staging for Nick would be a suitable result.

Giving Daicos too much credit, he grabbed Duryea and then dived when Duryea shook out of his grip. If there was any incidental contact to Nick's head it was only a consequence of him initiating the contact with Duryea. A fine for staging for Nick would be a suitable result.
Duryea gets up to run off and feels Daicos holding him back, tries to push him off. Daicos being on his knees/a midget means he brushes his face. Nothing to see.

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
😢 That’s poor list management then mate. Maybe pick a few extra forwards taller than 185. 😝

If only the tribunal were so fair and impartial!

Duryea gets up to run off and feels Daicos holding him back, tries to push him off. Daicos being on his knees/a midget means he brushes his face. Nothing to see.

Whilst i agree with most of your points above (purposely left Mitchell out as I think he’s cooked and almost makes your midfield worse) - it’s equally ludicrious to underplay our outs too. They are very important to our side. Just to be clear, I also never said our injuries were hurting more - but there’s some bloody important names there for us!

Yeah we replaced a key forward with a key forward- that’s called depth. It’s not our fault that your only good key forward is Mihocek. You also brought in Johnson, who happened to have a stinker as a key forward. So really, you had two, and Frampton has played that role before too.

It wasn’t just our captain that turned the game too - let’s not be so narrow minded hey.

Last edited:
Daicos, the N variety, is an attacking weapon and a complete nightmare for the opposition. He has outrageous skill and vision. But if he ever needed a lesson about what it takes to be the best player, then he need look no further than this game. N Daicos 2 tackles, M Bontempelli 9 tackles. Few can match what Daicos can do with the ball, few can match what The Bont can do without it.
I’ve got no doubt that at 3qt Bont took it upon himself to man him in our back half. Absolute masterclass on how to stop a hot player.

Haven’t ventured onto any main game day boards for a while and won’t be going back in a hurry. Some flog is telling me that we only have one “good” player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Should have asked him is it the player that the pies are still paying for

What’s the point of coming onto our board and arguing this? You’re not going to get anywhere.

It was a great game, both clubs had depleted 22s.

Move on.

Last edited:
Whilst i agree with most of your points above (purposely left Mitchell out as I think he’s cooked and almost makes your midfield worse) - it’s equally ludicrious to underplay our outs too. They are very important to our side. Just to be clear, I also never said our injuries were hurting more - but there’s some bloody important names there for us!

Yeah we replaced a key forward with a key forward- that’s called depth. It’s not our fault that your only good key forward is Mihocek. You also brought in Johnson, who happened to have a stinker as a key forward. So really, you had two, and Frampton has played that role before too.

It wasn’t just our captain that turned the game too - let’s not be so narrow minded hey.
They have the talented tall Nathan Kreuger playing vfl footy anyway

Great win!

Interesting it looked like Bont didn't come off at all in the last quarter, which is in contrast to the Freo and Geel games earlier this year where he was off for more than 7 minutes. Prob cost us those games, so great planning to keep him out there when the game was there to be won.

James Brayshaw is absolutely pathetic. Can tell it really hurt him calling that last Darcy goal.

During the last quarter my wife, who knows very little about football and was barely paying attention, turned to me and said who's that commentator? Is it just me or is he blatantly barracking for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back