Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

It shows what a joke the AFL has become, Now I'm expecting him to get weeks because others have gone for similar this season but why should he miss games when Maynard played out the game.

Also more of a joke that the player he flattened got no weeks for knocking out Brayshaw into retirement only 9 months ago.

The sport really does have a sniff of corruption about it.
what about the pickett hit on smith
2 weeks lol

what about the pickett hit on smith
2 weeks lol

A dirty sniper like his uncle.

The more I look at it Darcy it could be argued was at least contesting the ball and because he's so damn gangly it was just plain awkward and he couldn't get his arms or legs out of the way quick enough.....Mr Chairman.

Another thing that happened was the umpires seemed to adjust, or even try to square the ledger. Like players, umpires can have a bad game or a bad half. We were all tearing our hair out about the HTB inconsistency at HT. I wonder if the umpire's coach had a stern word at HT? The FK count was 12-6 the Pies way at that stage and there had been some howling inconsistencies. By game's end it was 21-22 and I don't recall being too outraged after about the 15 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

Yeah agree the umpiring was shockingly favouring the Pies (and Naicos) for the first half. Some of the worst I've seen. But agree it was 'corrected' somewhat in the last where we got the rub.

I was a bit worried about Sanders lack of intensity in the first half. Looked to lack that desperation and was cruising too much. But geez he made up for it in the second half.

Felt like JOD took 100 marks.

I'm guess the game day thread was fun at quarter time!
Apparently a lot of TV's were getting turned off.

Don’t mind this.

Wonder if the coaches are tempted to bring Buku in and play him fwd for Darcy
Would be tempted to play a smaller forward line next week just Lobb and JUH Try and keep up the pressure rating. Maybe Clarke gets a second chance?

Some other thoughts from tonight:

• Another thing that happened was the umpires seemed to adjust, or even try to square the ledger. Like players, umpires can have a bad game or a bad half. We were all tearing our hair out about the HTB inconsistency at HT. I wonder if the umpire's coach had a stern word at HT? The FK count was 12-6 the Pies way at that stage and there had been some howling inconsistencies. By game's end it was 21-22 and I don't recall being too outraged after about the 15 minute mark of the 3rd

Agree with all of your points, but this doesn't get mentioned enough, imho.

I reckon it's just about always been a thing, although often it seems to be a 3QT 'adjustment' (to make the game free kick count reasonably even).

One thing I'll disagree with most here on, is that English was poor in Q1.
He got smashed in the middle by Cameron and was a big reason they controlled field position early.

I'd much rather see him using his leap and timing his jump to get his hands on the ball first rather than trying to make early contact.
He's just not a natural ruckman, unfortunately.

(Around the ground can be great of course, but centre bounce... )

Gee how different the ladder could be looking right now if, IF, we’d got the job done against the Hawks and Cats….or indeed without those injuries vs the Swans

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah agree the umpiring was shockingly favouring the Pies (and Naicos) for the first half. Some of the worst I've seen. But agree it was 'corrected' somewhat in the last where we got the rub.
Not so sure it was the umpiring changing too much think it was more of a case of us adjusting to how the new interpretation of the HTB rules

Mihocek, Pendles, WHE, DeGoey, Mitchell, McStay, Elliott, Cox, Reef Mcinnes who has kicked 5 goals in his previous 2 games before his concussion, Joe Richards (been outstanding since debut and best 23 certainty at the moment) and McStay will be back round 19 or 20.

You don't understand footy if you think your losses hurt more. You replaced a 196 cm forward with a 205 cm forward. No change to your structure whatsoever. We had to completely reshuffle our line up to even have one tall (who isn't a forward in Frampton) in our forward line.

Our three first choice tall forwards and best small forward were out. Take your three talls out tonight and replace them with 185 cm players and see how you go.

Nine first choice players missing from any side is ridiculous and it took a brilliant game from your skipper to win it
Just piss off and sook somewhere else. You got an armchair ride and still weren’t good enough against half of our VFL team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After two high TOG games, I reckon Bont spends more time forward next week. Takes a third tall forward role with Lobb and JUH, with Libba gettig his midfield minutes.

Sanders wasn't bad at all off a wing last week, could he shift to Harmes' spot?
Bevo said Tom is only a maybe at this stage 😟. He’ll be keen though, I’ll bet.

I have just witnessed one of Bont's best ever games.

There may have been better ones but I can't think which ones they'd be.

I remember a fair slab of the EJ era but I'm starting to think this bloke is every bit as good. Big call, I know.

We are so lucky to have such a man at our club. As Bevo said through the week ... naah I can't remember exactly what Bevo said ... but it was something like he's the most influential person at this footy club.

Thank you Saints for calling "Jack Billings" at pick #3. It changed the course of history.
If Saints were better at drafting they could of had a monster team. Naughts and Bont with Petracca. Long may it continue that they suck at drafting

Geez it is nice waking up after a win like that. The colours more vivid, the aromas more intense. Everything is brighter for us ‘Spotless Specials’.

The future has arrived lads. Bevo has turned it around. I am happy to eat my words and for the few that backed Bevo to have their glorious moments.

Currently in bed bouncing between videos of Bontempelli and Trump stumbling out of the courtroom as a convicted felon. I have a strong erection lads.

I don’t want to go the early crow, but it’s nearly official that footy is fun again for me. Two weeks in a row against the red hot favourites for this years flag, & last years premiers, we’ve looked really strong at the end of the game, even though we’ve been 1/2 down and also had to use our sub straight away each week.

I love that Bont has gone the IDGAF about his hair and played one of the all time ‘get the job done by doing the hard work better’ games.

Agree with most in Sanders, he’ll have far more attractive games ahead, but his game was full of doing the tough stuff well last night. Great from the lad.

I love how Gallagher is still very much part of the game at the end of games. Seems to be able to run all night.

Much more to praise, but just taking in the joy from a win like that.

Have a great weekend Doggies fans!

Not so sure it was the umpiring changing too much think it was more of a case of us adjusting to how the new interpretation of the HTB rules
No, they definitely cooled off a bit after half time. The first half was ridiculous. Someone told them or they realised themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back