Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to McNeil, came on and had an impact, converted when he had to and showed great poise with that last goal. I like him when he doesn't make stupid mistakes.
I know he came on early, but McNeil still looks better late in a game when things open up.

I’m far from his biggest fan, but tonight was a definite pass mark.

Have him as sub if picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it, I would be absolutely ropable if he got the equivalent of what Pickett got for trying to put Baz in a wheelchair.

It was poor from Darcy and a week would be fair enough, but any more is absolutely ridiculous for what is usually a FK & 50m (which is what this was). He wanted to “make him earn it” but was way too late, but 2 weeks would be ridiculous.

He’ll get a week, probably not two. And that’ll be right because it was dangerous and he shouldn’t have done it.

Pickett should have got 4-6, it was disgusting that he played so soon

Very nice win in the end. Bont was special in the last. Desperately needed it too, 12 pts down a loss would’ve put us in a really worrying position. Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

When we turned it on they just didn’t have the cattle to go with us. Dominant in the second and fourth quarters. They only had 6 inside 50s in each quarter. Won it out of the middle and locked it in. Took our chances for the most part too, 5.3 in the second quarter and 5.1 in the fourth.

First quarter was awful though. Would’ve made Terry Wallace spew up, lucky we weren’t down by more to be honest.
If the Pies had been more accurate they would have iced the game in the 1st quarter.
Mitch Cleary reckons two weeks for Darcy
Reckon that's probably light 3 min and wouldn't be surprised if he got 4. Just so blatant and tucking the shoulder makes it intentional so probably a longish break for Sam 😪

I'm not sure I've heard 1 reference to our injuries in this coverage yet.

Been at least 10 - 15 re the Pies.

Odd.
Naughton has been mentioned in vague terms such that we've picked him every game this year, but never with his outstanding form tacked on at the end. Him alone is worth two or three of Pies' injuries - do we really think Mason Cox's five touches a game or Reef McInness's concussion is comparable?

The holding the ball adjudication tonight was a disaster. It’s just not clear what holding the ball actually is anymore.
I prefer this compared to giving players way too much time. We just had a couple of unlucky ones.

I know there's been a few comments about him

But geeez
Garcia in that midfield changes games for us with his campaigner mindset
After fumbling just about everything in the first half, Garcia showed plenty of character to keep attacking and find his touch as the game wore on.

Says a lot about a player when they do that instead of dropping the head and shitting the bed completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back