Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.
Hes straightened our defence up remarkably and amazed he’s playing this well.

In saying that, after all these years he’s finally learnt to slow down with the ball and give it off safely. It certainly affects our ball movement but it’s the price we have to pay right now.

I’d love Buss in the side but Keath is doing exactly what he needs to.

Oliver G it looks like both Cameron (51) and English (50) chalked up 50+ hit-outs tonight. Any sense on when that would have last happened?

Also just noting for the stats followers, another loss on the head-to-head total distance covered tonight (Pies 296km to Dogs 294km) takes us to 1-11 for the year on that measure. #fittest #strongest #mostready :)
I can wear it if we're within 1% of the opposition's km.

A rare sighting of the mythical beast otherwise known as the rock of Gibraltar premiership full-back Fletcher Roberts.

And some other guys.

Jongy and roberts are both playing for mulgrave in division 2 of the EFL saw them a couple of weeks ago. Both had good games.

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.
Could be right, would be great if that worked out [would love to see Buss come good] but depends how his opponent went. And if he's passing off to others who use it well I guess that's good?

After two high TOG games, I reckon Bont spends more time forward next week. Takes a third tall forward role with Lobb and JUH, with Libba gettig his midfield minutes.

Sanders wasn't bad at all off a wing last week, could he shift to Harmes' spot?

Don’t mind this.

Wonder if the coaches are tempted to bring Buku in and play him fwd for Darcy

I’m not very sober right now, but go the ****ing Dogs!!!

What a win, I don’t care that they were undermanned, a win against the Pies is as good as ever.
Same here mate! Was sober for that first half. Frustrated at quarter time. But the rest was exciting and pure bliss. Drunk now and will continue to be so!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After having 14 beers at the Sydney game going with mates, I more wisely took my 7 year old and didn't have one. What a sensational win. Felt like we were outnumbered 9 to 1 in the crowd, made it even better especially being next to the dickhead who kept calling for the umpires to go to specsavers all night!

N daicos destroyed us, he's an out and out superstar, but heck me he's a protected species heading to j selwood levels. Him not getting pinged in the 2nd quarter was probably the worst decision ive seen this year. Hope he gets the throwing the arms back and flapping every time someone touches him out of his game because he's a lot better than that. He might be the best player in the league in a few years, but he got a reminder of who the King still is tonight. Long live the 🐐 in the #4 jumper.

Keep playing like the last month and we can do some serious damage in the 2nd half of the year.

At the ground his positioning seemed great and he was safe with the ball while not getting beaten in contests

I couldn't care less about touches or metres gained from a kpd, give it to Dale and let him get to work

Definitely wouldn't be dropping Keath after tonight's performance
Thanks, I’m unable to get to any games live so miss out on seeing what’s going on a kick behind the play. Question was as much driven by comments on Buss in the VFL thread along the lines of “We have to find a way to fit him in”.

Special shout out tonight to Jack Macrae.

Bont, Treloar and Sam Darcy will take the majority of the plaudits and rightly so, but when we were under the pump in the first, Macrae nailed two goals that kept us in it.

Most of his other possessions were good too.

He’s so bloody good and underrated, can’t believe we had him out on the outer.

Showed some toughness and composure when it was really required kid is going to be some player as he gets more games
Did Adz in the immediate post-siren interview say something like "watch this kid for the Brownlow in a couple of years"? I had the sound turned well down so didn't quite catch it all.

Big wrap if true, even if he never does win a Brownlow.

Nothing against keath as backup and would re contract him, but Buss has done enough to replace him

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A rare sighting of the mythical beast otherwise known as the rock of Gibraltar premiership full-back Fletcher Roberts.

And some other guys.

I *ing love Fletch. The most unlikely premiership player and the most honest role player. Was critical to our 2016 and always a Bullgod.

Keath plays like a headless chicken that has spent too many hours on a rotisserie. He is fit only to be a dumpster divers dinner.
So yeah, Busslinger should be given a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back