Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Pies had been more accurate they would have iced the game in the 1st quarter.
Reckon that's probably light 3 min and wouldn't be surprised if he got 4. Just so blatant and tucking the shoulder makes it intentional so probably a longish break for Sam 😪
Careless, high impact, high contact = 2 weeks. Not sure how it can be assessed as a higher penalty than that, would never be graded intentional.

Oliver G it looks like both Cameron (51) and English (50) chalked up 50+ hit-outs tonight. Any sense on when that would have last happened?

Also just noting for the stats followers, another loss on the head-to-head total distance covered tonight (Pies 296km to Dogs 294km) takes us to 1-11 for the year on that measure. #fittest #strongest #mostready :)

Last edited:
Looking at some of the lesser lights:

JOD clunked some marks and is starting to look composed.

Freijah also looks comfortable at the level.

Garcia is benefiting from some continuity.

VDM also starting to grow, but unfortunately got injured.
Agree couple of times VDM used the ball well prior to going down with yet another hammy!

A rare sighting of the mythical beast otherwise known as the rock of Gibraltar premiership full-back Fletcher Roberts.

And some other guys.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.

I've been highly critical of Bevo but his earnt the rest of the year out. I'll probably still call for his sacking if we have a bad loss.

Defence worries me the most. Forward line needs more improvement.

Darcy is something else hey?

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

I've been highly critical of Bevo but his earnt the rest of the year out. I'll probably still call for his sacking if we have a bad loss.

Defence worries me the most. Forward line needs more improvement.

Darcy is something else hey?

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
Can’t be unhappy with that forward press. For at least the last 3 games anyway. I reckon hold off on the sack call if we drop one.

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.
At the ground his positioning seemed great and he was safe with the ball while not getting beaten in contests

I couldn't care less about touches or metres gained from a kpd, give it to Dale and let him get to work

Definitely wouldn't be dropping Keath after tonight's performance

Next week will be interesting...

Harmes has been playing wing & VDM a small fwd.

But got to bring 2 mids in with Libba & Red.

Great win. Feels almost season defining, the fitness recruitment poaching from the plastics is paying off big time tonight.

Not much else to say that wouldn't be repetition.

Maybe throw in a " West should never have been dropped in 2023" and "Blame Vandermeer like 0 impact tonight he's just using that hammy as an excuse". A few little moments in players that aren't our constant saviours that were cause for joy. Isn't it great to be able to tune in next week with some hope?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back