News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

ASADA 20%
Essendon 70%
AFL 10%

Bombers created it then ducked & weaved, hit behind lawyers & non cooperation to dodge a bullet.
ASADA appears to be a toothless tiger if no actual postive drug tests are presented as evidence (took years to get Armstrong).
AFL had a vested interest to make this go away...they should have banned Hird for life.

Agree 100000000000%

Players still don't know what they were administered but they don't seem too concerned about finding out, except Hal Hunter. This is very odd. A reasonable person would be pursuing all avenues to find out what they were injected with. But not Jobe and the boys.

Weren't the players going to take legal action against the AFL if they were found guilty?

The AFL clearly have no balls.
Doubt this was the reason but we already knew it anyway.

Would love to hear the explanation on why the charges against Dr Reid were dropped :cool:

Doubt this was the reason but we already knew it anyway.

Would love to hear the explanation on why the charges against Dr Reid were dropped :cool:
On TV tonight - said that they went around club doctor and even when he brought it up, by passed him.
I think that Reid was against it and innocent.
The verdict to me was interesting in that the tribunal didn't say no evidence but instead state 'insufficient evidence'.

On TV tonight - said that they went around club doctor and even when he brought it up, by passed him.
The verdict to me was interesting in that the tribunal didn't say no evidence but instead state 'insufficient evidence'.
Had Reid been innocent he wouldn't have been charged and fined in a first place.
I'm led to believe the reason it happened was due to him threatening to bring down Vlad by exposing the extent of his knowledge about the program and that infamous phone call Vlad made to Essendone on the eve of the "blackest day in Australian Sport"

You won't see any arguments from me about the dodginess of the decision even though I'm happy to see their players get off on the whole.
Have a read of this piece if you already haven't, will make you even more sceptical about comfortable satisfaction not being reached.
Basically there's a mountain of circumstantial evidence tb4 was used yet they clang to one laughable reason to absolve the players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rdkeeping-was-deplorable-20150331-1mc8hi.html

So it was a Cop Out

Did lol how Chief, the most stable genius, changed the title on the HTB.

As expected, Lance wrote another 1000 posts today telling us how much he doesn't care. That's about 10,000 posts since this began by that guy just to tell us how much he doesn't care. Biggest flog of the lot. I just wish he'd get a life.

Will still hang a bit of crap on Anzac Day. Will get a few more bites this year I think.

Did lol how Chief, the most stable genius, changed the title on the HTB.

As expected, Lance wrote another 1000 posts today telling us how much he doesn't care. That's about 10,000 posts since this began by that guy just to tell us how much he doesn't care. Biggest flog of the lot. I just wish he'd get a life.

Will still hang a bit of crap on Anzac Day. Will get a few more bites this year I think.

I don’t go on the Main Board as there lot of Idiots and Trolls there

How do you split the blame for this debacle?

What percentage blame is ASADA?
What percentage blame is Essendon?
What percentage blame is AFL?

** Numbers must add up to 100% :)
You missed the ACC.

90% then split the last 10% evenly

EFC players get off due to lack of evidence or more to the point evidence that the Tribunal was "sufficiently satisfied" that they took TB4. That's no different to a positive test that is below the thresholds. The only winners here are (1) chemists that game the system by keeping a doping program below the thresholds by their knowledge which exceeds the testers, (2) the cheating admins that ensure that no culpable records are maintained so the don't know excuse card can be played and (3) the industry mandarins including their media attaché that are more concerned about keeping the edifice that supports their paid positions running like the heartless machine that it is compared to the fiction of it promoted for the consumption of the entertained. Very sad state of affairs.

“...and he just sat back and stared at the tube, almost interested in what was happening, trying to find the ability to believe in that lie so he could believe the one within.”
― Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream

EFC players get off due to lack of evidence or more to the point evidence that the Tribunal was "sufficiently satisfied" that they took TB4. That's no different to a positive test that is below the thresholds. The only winners here are (1) chemists that game the system by keeping a doping program below the thresholds by their knowledge which exceeds the testers, (2) the cheating admins that ensure that no culpable records are maintained so the don't know excuse card can be played and (3) the industry mandarins including their media attaché that are more concerned about keeping the edifice that supports their paid positions running like the heartless machine that it is compared to the fiction of it promoted for the consumption of the entertained. Very sad state of affairs.

“...and he just sat back and stared at the tube, almost interested in what was happening, trying to find the ability to believe in that lie so he could believe the one within.”
― Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream

I'm liking this post, and not just because it quotes Hubert Selby. I'm still just getting over the room, and I read it almost 20 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Secret report finds Essendon's drugs record-keeping was 'deplorable'
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/secret-report-finds-essendons-drugs-recordkeeping-was-deplorable-20150331-1mc8hi.html
1427796504119.jpg

"It's clear the players had no actual knowledge of the substance with which they were injected.

"There is evidence from a player he was injected with a substance from a brown vial that Mr Dank always told him was thymosin."

But Jones said that was of "no significant probative value".

The tribunal was comfortably satisfied that biochemist Shane Charter had bought thymosin beta-4 in his first shipment of peptides from GL Biochem in China and that those peptides were passed on to compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi. There was some inference in correspondence from Alavi that he had compounded the drug.

But the tribunal was not sure that Dank had received the drug in his capacity as an Essendon representative. The tribunal rejected the notion that he had used the legal variant, thymosin alpha.

Jones said the tribunal had no reason to doubt a statement by Mr Xu of GL Biochem, where he said he had produced thymosin beta-4 for Charter, which Xu had said should only be used for research purposes, and not administered to humans.

Some interesting points in that article, although I'd note the article only states a lot of the above and doesn't use direct quotes.

From the article it seems that they can place thymosin beta-4 in Dank's hands, however they can't place it with enough certainty in the needle given to the player's. Basically because the players don't know, there's no records and there's no test for thymosin beta-4 they can't make that last connection. They can't even say what they were given.

For mine while the players might not have got suspended and where cleared of fault it doesn't remove the questions on whether they received a banned substance or not, which is something the players or public may never know. It also doesn't clear or excuse the behaviour of some and lack of action of others involved or aware of Essendon's substance injection program.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back