News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Such an eye opener to see the type of justifications people make for behaviour, but parents knowing about it and saying nothing! What the hell is that?
This is one thing I don't get. Yesterday I heard Dyson Heppell's mother on radio and she said something along the lines of that yes he got injections and he is not sure of what he got but she's happy that it was determined he didn't take a banned substance. Surely he, the majority of the players and their parents would still want to know what the players were injected with.

This is one thing I don't get. Yesterday I heard Dyson Heppell's mother on radio and she said something along the lines of that yes he got injections and he is not sure of what he got but she's happy that it was determined he didn't take a banned substance. Surely he, the majority of the players and their parents would still want to know what the players were injected with.

You'd be ropeable, and the PA getting in line with Essendon I still think was absolutely ****ed.

Well reading that article, it kind of is that simple. The case seems to fall down at the stage when Alavi had the material compounded. The tribunal couldn't be satisfied that it was TB-4. This is before it needs to be determined that each player received TB-4. Proving each individual player received TB-4 would have seemed to be the most difficult task and likely where the case would have fallen down. However, it seems the tribunal wasn't even satisfied beforehand of what the substance was. But they were satisfied it was not TA-1 and the Thymomodulin argument was never pursued.
Yep, agree.

Thing is, it wasn't determined he didn't take a banned substance. It was determined he took substances that can't be identified and therefore can't be shown to be banned. The smoking gun still exists but we have no body.

Thing is, it wasn't determined he didn't take a banned substance. It was determined he took substances that can't be identified and therefore can't be shown to be banned. The smoking gun still exists but we have no body.
Yeah, I understand it was determined he didn't take a banned substance. My point is more directed to the concerns of the players and the parents not knowing what was taken. Sure they can be happy that it wasn't a banned substance but any reasonable person wouldn't accept not knowing and being satisfied with that. I would think parents would be even more concerned, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone seems to be content with not knowing and happy that they can continue playing, except Hal Hunter.

Yeah, I understand it was determined he didn't take a banned substance. My point is more directed to the concerns of the players and the parents not knowing what was taken. Sure they can be happy that it wasn't a banned substance but any reasonable person wouldn't accept not knowing and being satisfied with that. I would think parents would be even more concerned, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone seems to be content with not knowing and happy that they can continue playing, except Hal Hunter.

This is the strange part.

Which makes you question whether they were actually that stupid.

If they were, whilst I love Keefie in particular, then they would have to go.

If it was in their coke then I have a lot of sympathy for them.

I don't. Taking cocaine is illegal. They may have some sort of defence to the doping charges if they have proof this is what happened, but sympathy? Wow!

Nobody would have the guts to try on this defence anyway.

FFS Hird injected himself with something to get a tan! How sickening is this? Although not illegal it shows what sort of person he is.
The good old days, when footballers all had jobs and got paid less.
Nowadays it's playstation and worrying about the next waxing appointment or haircut.

It's great when I hear that one of our players has a business or is studying to get a degree.

The very thing that got Essendon off (shredding evidence) will the thing that brings them down when the law suits begin
LOL they'll probably find the paperwork then!

Was going to bring this up myself. Although the players were found not guilty, unquestionably what we got out of yesterday was that Essendon (at least publicly) say they have no idea what the players were injected with.

Why as a parent would you not be livid at the club, want your son out of there, sue them or.........

Are they as morally defunct as Albert himself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hilarious that so many people are holding on to this ridiculous assertion.

Was going to bring this up myself. Although the players were found not guilty, unquestionably what we got out of yesterday was that Essendon (at least publicly) say they have no idea what the players were injected with.

Why as a parent would you not be livid at the club, want your son out of there, sue them or.........

Are they as morally defunct as Albert himself?

I'd imagine players signing the consent forms protects Essendon legally

I wonder what leaks will come out after this over time

I'd imagine players signing the consent forms protects Essendon legally

I very much doubt that.

"I release the Essendon Football Club from any and all claims, suits and proceedings in respect of injuries sustained by me the cause of which is the intravenous injection into my body of a Substance the name of which the Essendon Football Club has no record. I agree that if the name of such Substance is Thymosin Beta 4 then in that event the definition of the aforementioned Substance which shall be representative of a class of substances shall be construed so as to include Thymosin Beta 4 within that class. I also agree not to tell anyone the name of the Substance for as long as I shall live".

Yep nup!

I found these two post on the st kilda board witch caught my eye

there are other avenues. For example, if and when Workcover gets off its bottom and starts doing its job, it will be able to pursue this evidence. Hal Hunter is pursuing this evidence. At some stage the truth might come out. The players are safe unless a rehearing is ordered by the appeal, but the truth will never be suppressed.

Entitlement , Arrogance, Power, High official connections with Australian Sport, we continue to forget
AFL is a business, when there is a potential hit to the business financially if Essendon goes down .
Together with media focus Example post announcement
Sen went with the following people to comment.

Scott Lucas
Robert Shaw
Rohan Connolly
Mark Robinson
James Hird
and then Little who at the final summation stated that Asada needs to address its systems.
If it had been Stkilda, Bulldogs, North Melbourne there would have been no tears just a cremation

I found these two post on the st kilda board witch caught my eye

there are other avenues. For example, if and when Workcover gets off its bottom and starts doing its job, it will be able to pursue this evidence. Hal Hunter is pursuing this evidence. At some stage the truth might come out. The players are safe unless a rehearing is ordered by the appeal, but the truth will never be suppressed.

Entitlement , Arrogance, Power, High official connections with Australian Sport, we continue to forget
AFL is a business, when there is a potential hit to the business financially if Essendon goes down .
Together with media focus Example post announcement
Sen went with the following people to comment.

Scott Lucas
Robert Shaw
Rohan Connolly
Mark Robinson
James Hird
and then Little who at the final summation stated that Asada needs to address its systems.
If it had been Stkilda, Bulldogs, North Melbourne there would have been no tears just a cremation

I've been EXTREMELY disappointed with WorkSafe in this case. If it was a small business where an employee had got a paper cut, they'd be crawling all over them. But Essendon undertakes an experimental medical program on it's employees with no records of what was actually given, and we've hardly heard a peep out of WorkSafe. It's completely wrong and I don't understand how no one is making a fuss out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back