News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last few hours CAS seems to have accidentally released the names of the 34 players in contravention of the WADA code.

Do your own homework, but you should be able to find the list fairly easily.

It was quickly taken down ...

... but has the appeal just been botched before it's even began? :eek:

In the last few hours CAS seems to have accidentally released the names of the 34 players in contravention of the WADA code.

the cache is still there, and its all over BF already.

No surprises on the list. Which goes to the issue of the hysterical focus on "privacy" by the players and their advocates. It was already bloody obvious which players were in the 34 or almost certainly in the 34. The reputational harm was/is done. The anonymity of the players was almost entirely a convenient fiction as soon as the charges were laid.

I just got home from footy training myself and see that Gerrard smashed Hird on 360? According to my twitter feed anyway. I need to see this, I need to see that smug campaigner Hird squirm in his seat!

:drunk: Not a good start!

I just got home from footy training myself and see that Gerrard smashed Hird on 360? According to my twitter feed anyway. I need to see this, I need to see that smug campaigner Hird squirm in his seat!
Watch Hird's eyes when he speaks as they seem to wonder everywhere as if he cant look Gerrard in the eye when he talks and looks like he is talking to the floor or desk

My understanding is they cannot enforce 3 key witnesses as was the underlining issue in the last hearing, is this correct?

If so will it again prove to be a decisive factor in determining the outcome with the probability of a similar result?

This may not be an issue anymore...

"Reluctant witnesses at the centre of the Essendon drug scandal may be finally compelled to testify after the World Anti-Doping Agency applied for a rehearing of the long-running case before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Pharmacist Nima Alavi and drug importer Shane Charter last year refused to appear as witnesses before an AFL tribunal after the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority failed in a Supreme Court bid to force them to take the stand.

Their absence from the hearing made it difficult for the tribunal to assess the strength of crucial evidence and weakened the case against 34 current and former Essendon players accused of taking a banned peptide, thymosin beta 4.

Sports law expert Paul Hayes said the shift of jurisdiction from an AFL tribunal to CAS paved the way for anti-doping authorities to return to the Supreme Court to bolster their case.

“Because this is an arbitration, subpoenas can be issued,’’ Mr Hayes told The Australian.

“This is a home game for WADA and ASADA. It is a much easier forum for them than a domestic tribunal.”

"Under the World Anti-Doping Code, appeals are heard de novo, or anew. This means the entire case against the Essendon players must reheard.

WADA is not bound by how the case was presented last time and can introduce new evidence and fresh arguments. The decision of the AFL tribunal will have no bearing on the outcome of the case before CAS.

To compel any of Mr Charter, Mr Alavi and Mr Dank to testify, WADA must apply to the Supreme Court under the Commercial Arbitration Act or, alternatively, the International Arbitration Act.

The court, if it upholds the application, can issue subpoenas requiring witnesses to attend a hearing or produce documents. Witnesses who refuse to attend a hearing after being subpoenaed can be prosecuted for contempt"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...testify-in-court/story-fnca0u4y-1227352405071

so hird like pretty much said ASADA destroyed the evidence on afl360 and this is a very serious allegation for Hird to be making saying it's a fact.

I'd hope he has some way to back that up and prove it because if he doesn't, it's the sort of thing that could start the dethroning of him. :D:p

so hird like pretty much said ASADA destroyed the evidence on afl360 and this is a very serious allegation for Hird to be making saying it's a fact.

I'd hope he has some way to back that up and prove it because if he doesn't, it's the sort of thing that could start the dethroning of him. :D:p

He said Essendon gave ASADA the evidence (in this case a spreadsheet) and doesn't know what happened to it after that.

You'd hope there would be a little more documentation than just a spreadsheet.

He said Essendon gave ASADA the evidence (in this case a spreadsheet) and doesn't know what happened to it after that.

You'd hope there would be a little more documentation than just a spreadsheet.
That whole proposition is just ridiculous. Is Hird suggesting seriously that there was one hand written spreadsheet that got handed over and that was it??

It defies any credibility at all.

The "spreadsheet" would have been on computer hard drive surely? There would be copies etc.

I think Hird is a narcissistic tossbag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That whole proposition is just ridiculous. Is Hird suggesting seriously that there was one hand written spreadsheet that got handed over and that was it??

The "spreadsheet" would have been on computer hard drive surely? There would be copies etc.

Don't remember if he said it was printed or electronic, but you'd presume it was in electronic form.

Was just making the point that (from memory) he didn't say ASADA destroyed it, just that he didn't know what happened to it after they handed it over to ASADA. Big dif. Some saying he's accused ASADA of destroying the evidence - but that is not true on my viewing. Would be a very big and unwise accusation to make.

Still the idea that essendon don't have a copy of the records that they gave to ASADA no matter what format they where in is hard to believe.
It's a ludicrous proposition. If Essendon had no copy of the records, what's to stop ASADA tampering with them to suit their case? This is basic law 101, and it's certainly not something shifty Mrs Hird would overlook. Any document handed over as evidence will have a copy which the defendant will keep. Hird is treading a very fine line by insinuating that ASADA mysteriously made that spreadsheet disappear.

i still havent worked out how james hird could still be coaching essendon
Basically because the other 17 clubs want him to.:drunk:

He's a liability for that club in every way, he's a poor coach tactically and is as arrogant and deluded as any one when it comes to this whole saga.

While it would be better for the AFL if he was disposed off the longer he is coach of Essendon the better it is for everyone else on field.

Chip was on SEN and suggested that the document that Hird referred to, as well as others, were in fact handed over but lacked any vigour or credibility.

So under pressure from Gerard on 360 all Hird could come up with was some document that he knew had already been discredited and/or lacked credibility.

There are two reasons that there are no credible documents that have been produced:

1) They do not exist
2) They exist but do nothing but damn Essendon and therefore have not seen the light of day.

This saga has been going on for so long that people forget it started in the year 1900 and as such everything was hand written. The document Hird referred to was so long, that no one at Essendon could be bothered writing it out twice.

He's a liability for that club in every way, he's a poor coach tactically and is as arrogant and deluded as any one when it comes to this whole saga.

While it would be better for the AFL if he was disposed off the longer he is coach of Essendon the better it is for everyone else on field.

reverse psychology eh. actually i was being serious. if the coach of my team was in charge of the team while the whole club was put at risk, I'd want him gone.... even if he was the greatest player of all time. I can understand that it might be difficult to prove drug usage, but the intent was there. They intended to use these drugs...They took the players off site to inject drugs because they knew that it was borderline, at best. Hird knew this. "Where have the players gone this afternoon?"...i know that in the new modern concept of morality, it's ethical if you dont get caught...

He coming even more as a Creep is Hird the Turd by trying to put the Blame on AFL and ASADA

He is just coming across even more as a Massive A-Hole

2nd That. The best thing to do by the AFL is give Hird the Turd a Life-Time Ban from the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back