Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

"There's been a lot to like in the first half of the year". As soon as I read that, I just deleted the email.

Sonja might be a lovely person, which I'm sure she is. And kudos for landing Clarko. And I'm sure she "loves the club" but does she understand that winning games of football on the weekend is all that matters? Nothing else. And I'm talking the MENS team. Sorry, but that's the reality.
All these other off-field "achievements" are pure fluff. We are now perceived as a nice, inclusive, safe, community-invested club under Sonja's reign. How does that translate to wins on the weekend???

We won on the weekend.

What an emotional weekend. First our win over in the West, and then hearing Dr Hood receiving the Kings highest award. I've been boiling my eyes out all weekend. And then the icing on the cake was Dan Andrews receiving his award.
Let me tell you a story; I just got home from a 3 day blender celebrating our win and now I'll just plonk myself on the couch sucking down a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red while watching all the football shows. I don't mind spending that bit extra on Scotch because I had a significant pay increase pre-Covid. Ca-ching.

Sonja Hood (Aka The Range) is a good President. Is she the JFK of the AFL, probably not. But we need her to rally the troops & make a public statement/commitment. Not like landing women on the moon, or anything like that, but a Grand Final appearance before 2028 & a premiership by 2030. That's what we need.

I'd even like to see Sonja & the rest of the Board partake in a cattle-cave parade through Errol St parading our premiership cups. We have the only pure gold premiership cup from 1996 - we need to get it out there like the Olympic torch and perhaps take it around Australia.

My mate Andreas (AKA The Fault Line) is good mates with Yiannis Kouros - I could maybe get him to have a word with him to see if he'd like to run it around the country, for a nominal fee of course. I'll keep you postered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if isn’t enough I’ll throw in this GIF just to make sure 😁
Climate Crisis Judging You GIF

Oh dear God... Twitter and Insta are going to explode LOL....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

There is the stench of death at Arden St. But those in charge are walking around wearing masks.

The only stench around here is that of shit in the pants of the cowards who lost their nerve before the bye.

I am beyond furious as to the current state of our playing list & performances over the last 5 years. Sonja & the club are selling false hope and optimism by the tonne. How can anyone be confident that we will be a Top 4 contender within the next decade??? You can't. Unless you adopt blind faith and use our youth as an excuse for half-arsed efforts week-in, week-out.

There is the stench of death at Arden St. But those in charge are walking around wearing masks.

sTeNcH oF dEaTh

sTeNcH oF dEaTh

I love the win but let’s face it, we fell over the line against the only team worse than us, and we demonstrated all the same issues from senior players that have held us back all year.
I want to see some of that rectified and see us take a proper scalp before getting carried away.

The win is awesome, however it puts us only one ahead of last year now. We’ve also looked particularly great since the bye because we were so horrendous before it. Only just defeating West Coast, Gold Coast and Richmond is hardly cause for a victory lap yet. I’m mostly happy with yesterday though 👍🏼

I love the win but let’s face it, we fell over the line against the only team worse than us, and we demonstrated all the same issues from senior players that have held us back all year.
I want to see some of that rectified and see us take a proper scalp before getting carried away.

The win is awesome, however it puts us only one ahead of last year now. We’ve also looked particularly great since the bye because we were so horrendous before it. Only just defeating West Coast, Gold Coast and Richmond is hardly cause for a victory lap yet. I’m mostly happy with yesterday though 👍🏼
that richmond team was stacked with premiership players, i wouldn't underestimate that win.

I think it’s fair to question the entire leadership of the club including the boss and the board. Every year we get no better. As members we are never allowed to vote for the people on the board. They just put their own people in without member involvement. Even questioning them now on this forum I I will be yelled down. I know they aren’t the ones kicking the ball and making the mistakes but after years of underperformance some heat has to come on them also.

I think it’s fair to question the entire leadership of the club including the boss and the board. Every year we get no better. As members we are never allowed to vote for the people on the board. They just put their own people in without member involvement. Even questioning them now on this forum I I will be yelled down. I know they aren’t the ones kicking the ball and making the mistakes but after years of underperformance some heat has to come on them also.
Instability is not what we need right now.

We've already cleaned out the footy dept and the leadership.

Players need to take ownership. 'Woe is me' is not ****ing good enough! Take responsibility!

Instability is not what we need right now.

We've already cleaned out the footy dept and the leadership.

Players need to take ownership. 'Woe is me' is not ****ing good enough! Take responsibility!
I disagree complacency is our biggest problem. We are a delusional organisation thinking things will just get better without actually putting in the work. This applies both on and off field. We haven’t had to fight and scrape anymore due to the Tasmania money and since then we have lost our backs against the wall fight that we have historically shown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back