Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes is a moron. Likewise Leigh Matthews I don't believe in the coaching Messiah 🤪

These same two dirtbags would be ripping through the club if we failed in getting Clarkson. Now they're finding anyway to drag us down again.

I'm not sure how you guys are able to tolerate the media side of things when it comes to our team. Barely watched footy all season so not seen any media and just these two incidents and the Sheedy one makes me hope I get to see either of these three assholes so I can abuse them.
just straight up avoid 95% of football media, watch the good stuff posted here, highly recommend this approach

She’s very well spoken

Does it in the most professional way

Very impressive individual
The best part is she is underestimated by the media and others in the field. I'm not sure if it's ego or they expect her to toe the line because they are in the inner AFL sanctum (probably both). I think they are quicky learning that being in the media and/or a former player doesn't make you smarter than others.

She's probably laughing internally given her experience working with people and education. Different levels.

I'd like to say the Kane types will learn and improve but I doubt it. She'll keep making them look silly and they'll keep getting angry and developing bigger chips on their shoulder.

The best part is she is underestimated by the media and others in the field. I'm not sure if it's ego or they expect her to toe the line because they are in the inner AFL sanctum (probably both). I think they are quicky learning that being in the media and/or a former player doesn't make you smarter than others.

She's probably laughing internally given her experience working with people and education. Different levels.

I'd like to say the Kane types will learn and improve but I doubt it. She'll keep making them look silly and they'll keep getting angry and developing bigger chips on their shoulder.
Unfortunately just another reason for him to hate us. Don't bother jumping on the bandwagon when we have success again. Hopefully North, like myself, have long memories.

Thankyou Sonja! A President who is both eloquent and firm, who can front a hostile media and win them over or put them in their place and who has pulled off one of the most remarkable coups in our history. Her approach and demeanor are infectious and it's galvanising the club more than any other time i can remember since the 90's. A true shinboner in every sense of the word. What a time to be a North member. So optimistic for what's to come.

Thankyou Sonja! A President who is both eloquent and firm, who can front a hostile media and win them over or put them in their place and who has pulled off one of the most remarkable coups in our history. Her approach and demeanor are infectious and it's galvanising the club more than any other time i can remember since the 90's. A true shinboner in every sense of the word. What a time to be a North member. So optimistic for what's to come.
I listened to both her interviews on SEN and 3AW, she speaks so well, such a breath of fresh air. The main thing I took away is she doesn't get sucked in to the big ego statements that are common with male presidents. She gets her point across succinctly and eloquently but isn't afraid to stand up for herself and club when required and if you bad mouth her (like The Corn) she will cut you down, she's a smiling assassin.

The media are getting into the notion of Clarko being our messiah and how that’s not a good thing. However, the don’t realise that when North folk speak about the Messiah, we’re referring to Sonja.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sonja is the Messiah.

Clarko is her first miracle.

Try to work with current footy dept and coach (bad luck if it doesn't work out eventually unlike *Essendon whom basically disrespected their coach) ✅

Start a review of the footy department to fix the major issues with on field performance. ✅

Sack the coach when it's just not possible to keep going as is and continue reviewing the findings. ✅

Appoint the best coach of the last two decades that has a history of embracing the club's culture and heritage. Also bring assistants with premiership credentials. ✅✅✅✅

Look at the current footy operations and upper management to see if the club can bring in more footy people.✅

Sonja in the media. ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The proof will be in the silverware of course, but this is a fair call on her work thus far.

Brayshaw is up there for steering us out of the financial mess that had the AFL wanting to end NMFC, so it’s not all about silverware when comparing presidents.

Sonja is just getting everything right so far.

Brayshaw is up there for steering us out of the financial mess that had the AFL wanting to end NMFC, so it’s not all about silverware when comparing presidents.

Sonja is just getting everything right so far.

Given the part she played back in 2007 as well, Sonja gets extra kudos…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love this photo. Absolute heart and soul of the club was Ron Casey. The photo itself just breathes the ghosts of every man and woman who has fought both on and off the field to bring success to this great club for over 150 years.

I'm hoping this is hanging on a big frame somewhere inside the facilities down at Arden St.

Love this photo. Absolute heart and soul of the club was Ron Casey. The photo itself just breathes the ghosts of every man and woman who has fought both on and off the field to bring success to this great club for over 150 years.

I'm hoping this is hanging on a big frame somewhere inside the facilities down at Arden St.
Its an epic photo. Just says so much.

Calling it. Our best president since Ron Casey
True story. I was I interviewed and given a voluntary role by Francis Trainor in the early 90s. The role was basically security at the Presidents Lunch for all home games. I got to know Ron and Pauline very well and they were the most beautiful people I have ever met. While he was President I received a Xmas card from Ron and Pauline every year.

One game a non invited North supporter approached Ron in the room (I wasnt on door duty)and started to talk to Ron and trying to get him to hug him etc basically annoying the shit out of him. Ron looks over to me and with a wave of his hand ordered me to get rid of him. Lol. After I urged the guy to leave the room I went back to my spot and Ron brings over a beer for me. I told him I'm not allowed to drink while working. He replies I"'m the President". 🤣🤣

The following week, Francis Trainor approached me and asked what game did i want to attend the Presidents Lunch as the Presidents guest. I picked the Collingwood game and the ex and myself sat on the table that had Ron and Pauline, Mr and Mrs L Dwyer, Mr and Mrs J Dugdale and the Pies Prez, Alan McAllister and his wife. Great day.

Its an epic photo. Just says so much.
Exactly. I always felt that this picture was a kind of counterpoint to the TV coverage late in the game on grand final day when Ron was captured wiping tears from his face and both images contained a subtext that reflected back to the emotional rollercoaster he went through that year especially relating to the Fitzroy merger bid and the bastardry of the AFL and other clubs, as well as the undermining that occurred within North Melbourne.

What she's had to deal with as a first time President is unbelievable.

I think it's important to note that any hope we had attached to the signing of Clarkson is her and not him as such.

Nobody knows what will transpire here but she's been shown to be formidable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back