Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

I got blocked because I likened him to Cornes and asked why he had only bothered to respond to those who had agreed with him to that point of which there had been 2 amongst the 100s of Tweets I read. I stood up for Sonja too so that probably didnt help :)

To be fair, I'd be pissed off too if someone compared me to Cornes.

Rusty is a passionate guy who has shared emotional moments with people who blame the football industry for serious hardship in their lives. He knows well the mechanisms of casual, historical and institutionalised racism and the damage they have done over centuries. Maybe he's internalised Clarkson as the undeserved face of an industry that has a history of picking people up, dangling them fame and fortune and dumping them when they're no longer useful.

He knows he has let people down, people who trusted him. He has put their lives in a spotlight they didn't want and aren't prepared for. He probably also knows he went too early - and too personal - in his reporting. That there will never be enough evidence of what he's said, and that any attempt to acquire it will put enormous pressure on those who placed their trust in him, exposing fragile lives to the mercies of social media.

And then he understands that without that evidence there is no 'guilty' verdict for his highest profile targets. He won't be delivering the promised vindication to the 'victims' for sharing their stories, letting them down again. Not least, the whole failed circus will result in crippling damage to his credibility as a journalist.

He may not be at his best.
I would be prepared to go out on a limb that much of the misfortune experienced by these people would have occurred regardless if they were involved in football clubs. in fact i would even go as far to say they may have even had more misfortune had they not been part of a football club. In the time i have been involved in football clubs they have definitely been an overwhelming positive environment for most people.

Especially out in the country where they pretty much serve as a social hub. Sure occasionally these clubs fail the players ( * drug scandal prolly the worst example i have ever known ) but overwhelmingly their influence is positive.

Disingenuous prick didn't touch his other tweets from the last few days I don't think. It was also pointed out to him dozens of times that he was ****ing wrong about what was said. **** him, his quality as a person is zero to me now. What a shame, and I mean that seriously, as he has done some good reporting previously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing. Too bad he spent all weekend doubling down on the tweet. Apology means nothing.

I’d argue it means everything. He spent a whole weekend discrediting himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back